The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

hey guys love some advice on the deloitte application process; how do i answer these questions ??

Describe what in particular energises you about working for Deloitte and the role you have applied to? Make sure your answer covers the following elements: What drives, interests and motivates you to perform well at work? How do you think this aligns to the role you have applied to?
(max 200 words in bullet point format)
Word Counter (0)

Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis as a Summer Vacation Scheme Student.
Reply 881
Original post by lilyc393
hey guys love some advice on the deloitte application process; how do i answer these questions ??

Describe what in particular energises you about working for Deloitte and the role you have applied to? Make sure your answer covers the following elements: What drives, interests and motivates you to perform well at work? How do you think this aligns to the role you have applied to?
Word Counter (0)

Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis as a Summer Vacation Scheme Student.

If you want the job, do some of the damn work yourself!
Reply 882
Original post by M1011
If you want the job, do some of the damn work yourself!

Agreed! I'm more than happy to offer advice to people but asking for other people's help on how to answer the initial app questions is just plain lazy as many spend several hours researching the firm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 883
Anyone else heard back from SK&P? Received a telephone interview for next week.
Reply 884
Has anyone recorded video interview for atkins, graduate management consultancy and if so what kind of questions did they ask?
Reply 885
Had anyone recorded the video interview for Atkin's management consult scheme yet? If so, what kind of questions did they ask? Thank you.
Reply 886
Original post by rajichitra
anyone heard back from Bain second round graduate interviews

Also waiting to hear back from Bain second round. Has anybody heard back yet?
Hello all, Ive become increasing frustrated with the lack of info regarding Deloittes Consulting recruitment for next year. (Both from them and other applicants). As a result, I have thrown my hat into the ring and made an account here. I would appreciate any comments on the following:

Has anyone been invited/completed a first interview for Deloitte FINANCE Consulting?

If so, when did it take place?

Has anyone been invited to a partner interview for Deloitte FINANCE consulting?

Does anyone have any general information on how far along Deloitte are in recruiting people for finance consulting?

Personally I have recieved an invite for a first interview, but I am maring about the 'first come' recruitment policy.

Thank you for any replies.

Chopper signing off.
Reply 888
anybody heard back from oc&c post partner interviews?
Original post by complete weapon
Hello all, Ive become increasing frustrated with the lack of info regarding Deloittes Consulting recruitment for next year. (Both from them and other applicants). As a result, I have thrown my hat into the ring and made an account here. I would appreciate any comments on the following:

Has anyone been invited/completed a first interview for Deloitte FINANCE Consulting?

If so, when did it take place?

Has anyone been invited to a partner interview for Deloitte FINANCE consulting?

Does anyone have any general information on how far along Deloitte are in recruiting people for finance consulting?

Personally I have recieved an invite for a first interview, but I am maring about the 'first come' recruitment policy.

Thank you for any replies.

Chopper signing off.

I have been invited for a Deloitte Finance Consulting first round interview but am still waiting to schedule a date. I also got the email attached at the top of this page basically saying that I might not even get the interview if they fill the places with the people who have already had first round interviews.

I think people have started to have Partner interviews from the sounds of it...
Does anyone know where I can find the annual company report 2013/2014 for CHP Consulting? I can't seem to find it anywhere? Thank you very much!
Reply 891
Does anyone know how much the kpmg and deloitte management consulting graduate salary for the London office is please?
Original post by rextra
Does anyone know how much the kpmg and deloitte management consulting graduate salary for the London office is please?

Approx £32,500 for deloitte. No idea about KPMG
Hi guys,

I have a McKinsey first round coming up - does anyone have any tips on the format of the interviews and the case studies?

Reply 894
Has anyone had any updates from Deloitte in relation to partner interview dates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wakiwashi
Hi guys,

I have a McKinsey first round coming up - does anyone have any tips on the format of the interviews and the case studies?

From personal experience, McKinsey has interviewer-led case interviews. This means that the interviewer guides you through the case, and will ask you questions you specific questions relating to the case. (e.g. Your client's revenues have been falling. What are the potential areas you might investigate?)

May I ask what role you're applying for and which office? :smile:
Original post by Danf159
From personal experience, McKinsey has interviewer-led case interviews. This means that the interviewer guides you through the case, and will ask you questions you specific questions relating to the case. (e.g. Your client's revenues have been falling. What are the potential areas you might investigate?)

May I ask what role you're applying for and which office? :smile:

Aah okay thanks!

Business Analyst and London
Original post by wakiwashi
Hi guys,

There are two one-on-one interviews with an associate/engagement manager, each an hour long. Each interview consists of a competency component and a case component. For the competency, the interviewer will grill you on the details of the examples you give so make sure you remember your experiences inside out. For the case, it is interviewer-led but you should still show a structured approach, and calcs will be involved in limited time - you will need to estimate appropriately like in the PST. Good luck!

Source: personal experience
Reply 898
Does anyone have any experience with the Baker Tilly interview? (Corporate finance in particular or just generally?)
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M1011

GL mate - OW would be a great land.

Didn't get it. Apparently it was a close decision but I they were concerned I "lacked fire in my belly" relative to the other candidates... :doh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending