The Student Room Group

How do you get an A* in Edexcel Maths?

Hi everyone,

I suddenly got a jolt of motivation to study much harder to ensure that I get top grades this summer. I'm thinking of aiming for A* but I'm not sure how the system works...
From what I can understand on the Edexcel website, I need at least 80% overall and 90% across C3 and C4.

I got a B in my AS Level, around 73%. Assuming I get 95% in C3 and 85% in C4 and 80% in Stats where the average across modules would be more than 80%, would I be awarded the A* grade?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps clearing that up :smile:
Original post by Cosmocos
Hi everyone,

I suddenly got a jolt of motivation to study much harder to ensure that I get top grades this summer. I'm thinking of aiming for A* but I'm not sure how the system works...
From what I can understand on the Edexcel website, I need at least 80% overall and 90% across C3 and C4.

I got a B in my AS Level, around 73%. Assuming I get 95% in C3 and 85% in C4 and 80% in Stats where the average across modules would be more than 80%, would I be awarded the A* grade?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps clearing that up :smile:

For the first part you are correct.
However, for the second part your calculation is off slightly. For those hypothetical UMSs, I make it 79.83% overall. If you got exactly those UMS, you would get a B. One more mark in any module and it would be an A*.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Cosmocos
I'm thinking of aiming for A* but I'm not sure how the system works...

Correct.

You need at least 480 UMS overall and at least 180 from C3 and C4.
Reply 3
Ok thanks for clearing that up ! It makes my aim more realistic now that I know what I need to get :smile: to hopefully achieve that A*

Quick Reply

Latest