The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

لَيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَنْ تُوَلُّوا وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلَٰكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَالْمَلَائِكَةِ وَالْكِتَابِ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ وَآتَى الْمَالَ عَلَىٰ حُبِّهِ ذَوِي الْقُرْبَىٰ وَالْيَتَامَىٰ وَالْمَسَاكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَالسَّائِلِينَ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلَاةَ وَآتَى الزَّكَاةَ وَالْمُوفُونَ بِعَهْدِهِمْ إِذَا عَاهَدُوا ۖ وَالصَّابِرِينَ فِي الْبَأْسَاءِ وَالضَّرَّاءِ وَحِينَ الْبَأْسِ ۗ أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا ۖ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ

Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

1422031052660.jpg

Picture speaks a thousand words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Do not be discouraged to do good because of the bad that you know of yourself. Do not be discouraged to correct yourself because of the extent of the wrong that you may have done. The minuteness of the ant does not discourage it from lifting loads many times it's own weight in order to fulfil the task upon which it has embarked. The bird has no hands, yet it continues it's efforts to build the nest, one twig at a time, not giving up. Then surely Allah ta'ala blessed man with much more strength, with much more potential. Then surely Allah ta'ala is the Most Merciful, the Forbearing, the Oft-returning to forgiveness."
Could you guys please give me your opinions on the links I sent. You've not been very helpful.
Original post by ko111
Assalamu Alaikum everyone!

Don't forget to read Surah Kahf! :biggrin:

[video="youtube;vIOEYT1iS6Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIOEYT1iS6Q[/video]

WalaikumAsalaam!
:yy:

AsalamuAlaikum,

Regarding the first link I don't know who the sheikh is. But what he says is correct. Time shouldn't be wasted posting here n there if there is no benefit n no knowledge gained.

I'll read the second now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
Could you guys please give me your opinions on the links I sent. You've not been very helpful.

I was. Alhumdulillah. MashaAllah. :blush:
Original post by Tennumbers
I was. Alhumdulillah. MashaAllah. :blush:

Yes we discussed this sheikh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
وَكَذَٰلِكَ أَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ فَالَّذِينَ آتَيْنَاهُمُ الْكِتَابَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِهِ وَمِنْ هَٰؤُلَاءِ مَن يُؤْمِنُ بِهِ وَمَا يَجْحَدُ بِآيَاتِنَا إِلَّا الْكَافِرُونَ

And thus have We revealed the Book to you. So those whom We have given the Book believe in it, and of these there are those who believe in it, and none deny Our communications except the unbelievers.

وَمَا كُنتَ تَتْلُو مِن قَبْلِهِ مِن كِتَابٍ وَلَا تَخُطُّهُ بِيَمِينِكَ إِذًا لَّارْتَابَ الْمُبْطِلُونَ

And you did not recite before it any book, nor did you transcribe one with your right hand, for then could those who say untrue things have doubted.

(Surah al-Ankabout)

I agree with him to an extent. Personally the ISOC has benefited me a lot, and I wouldn't know half the stuff I know now if I hadn't come on this site. And to be honest if I'm not on here, then I'm not really learning Islamic knowledge elsewhere.
Original post by beautifulxxx
SubhanAllah the king of saudi has died. Regardless of who he was and he has done, as a Muslim brother, I pray that Allah forgives his soul.
This is also a reminder that death will snatch you at any time subhanAllah, it's the beginning of the year and Allah swt has already taken his life. It could me or you next.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He was a billionaire, had everything he wanted in this world. But how's all that money and power going to help him now? How's it going to save him from the Day of Judgment and Allah's punishment? It really highlights how futile this world is. Subhana Allah.

This is really just the Shaykh's opinion. I agree with him to some extent.

I don't really like the way he doesn't state anything from the Qu'ran or Sunnah.
Original post by kabuligirl
asalam alaikum,

I love mantoo too!! lol

Have you tried ashaak?

No I haven't... Haven't had proper mantoo in eight years... They serve it in restaurants but not the same as home made... By Afghanis...

What's ashaak like?
Original post by ttaylor17
No I haven't... Haven't had proper mantoo in eight years... They serve it in restaurants but not the same as home made... By Afghanis...

What's ashaak like?

Be my friend and I will make some for you in my house :smile: lol.

Ashaak is like mantu but it has leek inside instead of beef/lamb
"He made the Hereafter an abode to reward His believing servants only because this world cannot contain what He wishes to bestow upon them and because He deemed their worth too high to reward them in a world without permanance."
Ibn Ataa'illah Al Iskandari (May Allah have Mercy on him)

I think I'll have to check it out... By leek do you mean that green vegetable stuff that tastes like cabbage...

You have a beautiful name by the way... Mashaallah

Found it!!.. I think I'll have to tell my mom to make this.... Problem is though she can't find the right dumplings here or something...
Tolerance with people in Islam
Original post by ttaylor17
Found it!!.. I think I'll have to tell my mom to make this.... Problem is though she can't find the right dumplings here or something...

Enjoy! lol

Your invite to my house is still open lol

Original post by K1NG93
That's too extreme imo.

I agree.

Latest