The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jessie113
Does anybody have the direct link to the numeracy tests on nhs snap? Website is useless with finding it

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to create an account first, then add qualification: level 2 numeracy test:smile:
Original post by charlotteemilyw
I had. Good day at Surrey yesterday but my good mood didn't lasting As I failed the maths test at kingston today!?
So far I've had..........
Rejection from southampton
Interview at LSBU but a rejection
Interview at Herts but. Rejection
Failed on kingston maths test
Waiting from Surrey

Not looking hopeful.......feeling a bit deflated at the moment!! 😩

I get the impression from following the nursing threads on here that herts are pretty tough at interview stage. Seen alot of rejections. Eek. Such a scary and stressful process. 😓
Reply 1302
Has anyone had a child nurse interview at either Birmingham City or Northumbria and have heard back? I had my Northumbria interview on the 11th December and my Birmingham interview on the 15th January and still not heard back from either of them. I hate waiting and am afraid of not getting any offers:frown: any help would be great!!
Original post by eb97
Has anyone had a child nurse interview at either Birmingham City or Northumbria and have heard back? I had my Northumbria interview on the 11th December and my Birmingham interview on the 15th January and still not heard back from either of them. I hate waiting and am afraid of not getting any offers:frown: any help would be great!!

Hey, I've applied at birmingham city and heard nothing back yet :frown: I hate waiting too
Reply 1304
Original post by Enesaxxx
Hey, I've applied at birmingham city and heard nothing back yet :frown: I hate waiting too

Have you had an interview? When did you have it? It's horrible:frown: where else have you applied?!
Original post by eb97
Have you had an interview? When did you have it? It's horrible:frown: where else have you applied?!

I haven't had an interview, or heard anything back from them :frown:, what was your interview like? I applied
keele- rejected
nottingham- rejected
wulverhampton-rejected
demontfort- still waiting
Birmingham city- still waiting
where else did you apply? X
Reply 1306
I haven't had an interview, or heard anything back from them :frown:, what was your interview like? I applied
keele- rejected
nottingham- rejected
wulverhampton-rejected
demontfort- still waiting
Birmingham city- still waiting
where else did you apply? X

When did you apply? It was okay, you can just never know can you! Aww no well at least you've still got two to hear from so don't lose hope! I applied to:
Manchester- rejected after interview
Sheffield- rejected before interview
Northumbria- waiting for reply after interview
Birmingham- waiting for reply after interview
London Kings College- not heard anything
Original post by eb97
When did you apply? It was okay, you can just never know can you! Aww no well at least you've still got two to hear from so don't lose hope! I applied to:
Manchester- rejected after interview
Sheffield- rejected before interview
Northumbria- waiting for reply after interview
Birmingham- waiting for reply after interview
London Kings College- not heard anything

Yeah I've just gotta wait now :/ I applied in October, I hope all goes well for you and Good luck with the rest of your choices :smile:
Reply 1308
Yeah I've just gotta wait now :/ I applied in October, I hope all goes well for you and Good luck with the rest of your choices :smile:

It's the worst bit isn't it:frown: you too, good luck!!!
Does anybody have the direct link to the numeracy tests on nhs snap? Website is useless with finding it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here ---> http://legacy.snap-services.org/demo.aspx

You're welcome :smile: All the best
Original post by Sophi12
Hiya
1) I did a-levels before my course :smile: however my subject choices do shock some people as i did a level business studies, economics and psychology, and as politics.
2) the only experience i had was volunteering at a school for children with physical and behavioural difficulties, which i thought would disadvantage me but didnt!!
3) Being completely honest, it is hard work and very different to most other courses in terms of hours at uni and placement,however, all the stress and hours are defo worth it :smile:
4) dont use the phrase ' ive wanted to do it all my life' as that puts most unis off. If you don't have much experience (like me) talk about the skills you have acquired from your studies and any part time job, work experience, volunteer work and how this is transferrable to being a children's nurse. Be honest about your experience, as they will ask about it at interviews and ask what you learnt from it.

Good luck, pm me if you have any more questions x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Curious , where are you training ?:smile:
Original post by eb97

Hi! I had mine jan 16th, the admissions tutor told us they are waiting until the end of feb to decide, I assume that could mean for offers and rejections, although I believe they usually hand out their rejections pretty quick. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1314
Original post by Maturehealth
Hi! I had mine jan 16th, the admissions tutor told us they are waiting until the end of feb to decide, I assume that could mean for offers and rejections, although I believe they usually hand out their rejections pretty quick. X

Is that for Birmingham City? That's a relief as they never actually told us when we would hear a reply! Where else have you applied for Child Nursing? Thank you so much and good luck!!x
@ollynicky have you heard anythin back from Edinburgh Napier?
[QUOTE="eb97;53151679"]
Original post by Maturehealth

Is that for Birmingham City? That's a relief as they never actually told us when we would hear a reply! Where else have you applied for Child Nursing? Thank you so much and good luck!!x

Ye for BCU, no problem. Good luck to you too (:
Wolves, Cov and UoB, wbu?
X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AoifeBass93
@ollynicky have you heard anythin back from Edinburgh Napier?

Hey nope yet, a little annoying now haha!...You??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, anyone applied at Sheffield Hallam, University of Nottingham, London City University or Kings College London? Would be great to see how you guys have got on with the selection processes!
Original post by ollynicky
Hey nope yet, a little annoying now haha!...You??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have heard nothing from any of the colleges I have applied for. Mayb nxt week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending