The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 10001
Ok thanks. Is there proper membership or do I just look at this post regularly? And is there a pro-Christian Party in the model House of Commons? At the moment I'm a member of UKIP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arnt they all pro-christian as iv never heard of a anti christian party in this country :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Arnt they all pro-christian as iv never heard of a anti christian party in this country :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well most parties want to increase the population of other religions in this country e.g. muslims, which are obviously wrong in what they believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10001
Well most parties want to increase the population of other religions in this country e.g. muslims, which are obviously wrong in what they believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What happened to love thy neighbour? I thought we were tolerant and welcoming to everyone, or did i miss the "hate other people that have other beliefs and ideals to you" talk?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What happened to love thy neighbour? I thought we were tolerant and welcoming to everyone, or did i miss the "hate other people that have other beliefs and ideals to you" talk?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I try to love the people but I don't love the religion. However when I try to tell muslims/agnostics of the good news of Jesus Christ I get called a religious extremist etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10001
I try to love the people but I don't love the religion. However when I try to tell muslims/agnostics of the good news of Jesus Christ I get called a religious extremist etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus' ministry was all about preaching to others. I can't say I have the gift of evangelism but I try to do what Jesus commanded his disciples to do. The messed up people in this messed up world need to know about Jesus Christ, the saviour of the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10001
Jesus' ministry was all about preaching to others. I can't say I have the gift of evangelism but I try to do what Jesus commanded his disciples to do. The messed up people in this messed up world need to know about Jesus Christ, the saviour of the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Love thy neighbour by calling them messed up :jebus:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Love thy neighbour by calling them messed up :jebus:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone's messed up in some way. I am, you are, everyone is. That's why we all need Jesus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10001
Everyone's messed up in some way. I am, you are, everyone is. That's why we all need Jesus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find that a very judgemental point of view, yes people have flaws but i wouldnt say everyone is messed up

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find that a very judgemental point of view, yes people have flaws but i wouldnt say everyone is messed up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you think God sent Jesus to earth? Because everyone was perfect? No: because everyone was screwing up and needed to be saved and forgiven of their sins. The Israelites and others were worshipping false idols and not loving God, so God needed to send Jesus to make it right. The world is not perfect; if it was everyone would be a follower of Christ and not worship false prophets, like Muhammed. That's why we need Jesus: to be forgiven and have a true relationship with God, our loving father.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10001
Why do you think God sent Jesus to earth? Because everyone was perfect? No: because everyone was screwing up and needed to be saved and forgiven of their sins. The Israelites and others were worshipping false idols and not loving God, so God needed to send Jesus to make it right. The world is not perfect; if it was everyone would be a follower of Christ and not worship false prophets, like Muhammed. That's why we need Jesus: to be forgiven and have a true relationship with God, our loving father.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Calling people "messed up" is very offensive in my eyes, and im sure many others in here would agree.

Even as a christian i still believe in other religions and that other people pray to different gods, i would never say they were false, different but not wrong, just like i hope they would appreciate that i dont believe in their god.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Calling people "messed up" is very offensive in my eyes, and im sure many others in here would agree.

Even as a christian i still believe in other religions and that other people pray to different gods, i would never say they were false, different but not wrong, just like i hope they would appreciate that i dont believe in their god.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As I said, you should love the people but hate the religion. God hates the worship of false idols. I challenge you to try and spread the Good News of Jesus Christ in the next few days.

And everyone has messed up in some way. That is nothing to be ashamed of but we need to pick ourselves back up with Jesus' help and try and live for Him, according to the Bible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10001
As I said, you should love the people but hate the religion. God hates the worship of false idols. I challenge you to try and spread the Good News of Jesus Christ in the next few days.

And everyone has messed up in some way. That is nothing to be ashamed of but we need to pick ourselves back up with Jesus' help and try and live for Him, according to the Bible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shame i dont listen to people who tell me what to do isnt it. I dont know any christians who hate another religion. No i wont spread the word as as i have said i believe religion is personal and should not be pushed onto you by people, so why would i go against my beliefs and values?

No i find that term VERY offensive, everyone has flaws i agree, but as you are meant to be a christian i find it very hard to understand how you can use offensive language like that about other people, we should help everyone become the best they can be and make sure everyone is equal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4273
Original post by greeneyedgirl
http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/how-to-choose-a-church-7-things-to-look-for/

If they've got all these 7 things, then I'd say the one which fits best with your schedule.

Original post by HarryDn
Oh :s-smilie: how do I decide then? Have met some great folksies from both places :frown:

I would like to point out that this is a very protestant list, and recommend that you look at a few denominations (including Catholicism).

Obviously you want to go where you feel most comfortable/wherever you find life, but don't write us off straight away!
Reply 4274
Shame i dont listen to people who tell me what to do isnt it. I dont know any christians who hate another religion. No i wont spread the word as as i have said i believe religion is personal and should not be pushed onto you by people, so why would i go against my beliefs and values?

No i find that term VERY offensive, everyone has flaws i agree, but as you are meant to be a christian i find it very hard to understand how you can use offensive language like that about other people, we should help everyone become the best they can be and make sure everyone is equal.

I think he's trying to make the point that I've often heard (and love) that the church is a hospital for the broken, not a museum for good people :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really think you should pray about this, as I'm sure God would want you to spread the Good News. I will pray for you too. I don't understand why you're being so defensive, as surely you realise that Jesus is the saviour of the world. John 14 says "I am the way, the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me". Therefore if you want to see your friends in Heaven, you need to tell them about God and Jesus. I hope you will understand. Message me if you have anything to ask me and I will try to help, although as you have found out I have quite strong opinions on most things that some people don't like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love this - Jesus is the answer for the world today, above him there's no other - Jesus is the way :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khgwjXUxC_w

[video="youtube;khgwjXUxC_w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khgwjXUxC_w[/video]

AMEN !!!
Original post by Racoon
I love this - Jesus is the answer for the world today, above him there's no other - Jesus is the way :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khgwjXUxC_w

[video="youtube;khgwjXUxC_w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khgwjXUxC_w[/video]

AMEN !!!

Amen

Posted from TSR Mobile
My primary school's motto (when translated from the Latin) is "show your faith by the way you live". I'm not one for evangelism either but I try to live by that motto :yep:

Original post by Aula
I would like to point out that this is a very protestant list, and recommend that you look at a few denominations (including Catholicism).

Obviously you want to go where you feel most comfortable/wherever you find life, but don't write us off straight away!

PRSOM :grumble:
Original post by 10001
I really think you should pray about this, as I'm sure God would want you to spread the Good News. I will pray for you too. I don't understand why you're being so defensive, as surely you realise that Jesus is the saviour of the world. John 14 says "I am the way, the truth and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me". Therefore if you want to see your friends in Heaven, you need to tell them about God and Jesus. I hope you will understand. Message me if you have anything to ask me and I will try to help, although as you have found out I have quite strong opinions on most things that some people don't like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont need prayers currently, and when i do i ask close friends like the lonely goatherd, but currently i am very blessed in my life, i have a loving boyfriend and family, a beautiful flat which i share with my boyfriend, and i have friends who i love dearly.

Im not being defensive, i just find some of the things your saying very offensive, i dont think you should go around saying people are messed up and that they are wrong in their beliefs, i dont feel the need to shout out about my religion, so please dont tell me i should.

I believe god is forgiving enough that those i care about will not be left out' so i dont need to go around doing that as i believe there is enough forgivness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending