The Student Room Group

Boyfriend won't go down on me...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by macromicro
That's not smart, it's immature and petty. I'm not sure why people are trying to over-complicate something so simple: she literally just has to talk to her boyfriend about what makes her climax and ask for him to give oral sex. Any boyfriend would want to please his partner because it's pretty insulting if you cannot satisfy your partner's needs. It also makes you quite selfish and distant not to be proactive and considerate about that sort of thing; it is in part a product of the 'lad culture', i.e. those who attempt to hide their crippling insecurities by deluding themselves that they only have sex for their own benefit and are horribly scared about being labelled "whipped", despite the fact that any self-respecting and secure man would want to please his partner and enjoy this achievement as much as climaxing himself. In other words, OP, if your boyfriend is secure, confident in his abilities, and a reasonable, considerate man, then simply be more open and honest with him. There's nothing worse than playing games, making subtle hints, and beating around the bush (pardon the pun).
I wonder if you read the original poster thread carefully. The OP stated frankly " . I don't want to have to outright ask him to do it because I think that's kinda unsexy" Not everybody can open up like you. Some find it so difficult to do so. Sometime, indirect MSGs can give a great result without taking the courage to spit it out. Thanks for the comment.
Reply 41
Original post by macromicro
He said "tell" which is ambiguous I suppose and seems to fall between your authoritative interpretation of "demand' and my more generous interpretation of "ask" but I think the clear implication, and his subsequent explanation, was indeed "ask". It's really not that complicated to be honest; I think we're all generally on the same page.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Intellectual honesty and humility are virtues; methinks y'all would do well to remember that :top2:

The clear implication from his subsequent rewording is that he meant to say ask,* yes, and we are indeed all on the same page in that respect :smile:

'Ask' is close to the word I meant, but I didn't want to say 'ask' because it has implications of its own. If I'd said, "ask him to go down on you," then I think that's like advising OP to say to her bf, "would you go down on me?", which isn't what I meant. I meant to advise her to say to him, in the context of a sexual interaction, "go down on me," in the way a person would speak to their lover in the bedroom. It's not a demand, it's a request, but it's one that maintains sexual confidence. I assume the OP wouldn't have taken it as a recommendation to demand, so I don't think it's all that ambiguous.

Needless to say, I didn't expect to have to spell out the semantics of what I wrote, or else maybe I would have been more careful in my terminology, but then again it's TSR, so maybe I should've seen this coming. :top2:
Reply 42
when you are making out or having foreplay et cetera then just ask him then and it wont feel weird
Original post by Foo.mp3
Ah, so you did mean issue an instruction after all! Vindicated twice over, poor macromicro :sad:

Demand: 'an urgent or peremptory requirement or request'. Let's say no more of spelling out semantics, shall we brother? :top2:

Thanks for completely derailing the thread.
Please can we keep this on topic and sensible, any posts that are sexually explicit or posts that are unhelpful and rude, will be removed, thanks.
Ask

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending