The Student Room Group

How are Asians received in the UK?

I am planning to work in the UK after I graduate from university, and I would like to know how Asians are received in the country. :h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It probably depends where you live! In London it's so multicultural that no one really notices of you're asian/etc. I'm not sure about other places though - it's probably similar in most cities but in the countryside it might be a little worse? I'm not sure about Asians but in Wales outside the city they're a little racist to black people, so it might be similar for Asians, I'm not sure. But a city is your best bet! :smile:
Reply 2
Ok, thanks :biggrin:
In the cities you'll be fine.
Reply 4
By plane.
South Asian or East Asian? Most Asians in the UK are Indian or Pakistani.
Reply 6
East Asian. I come from South K. :biggrin:
Original post by Castiel.
East Asian. I come from South K. :biggrin:

The British like east asians. You have nothing to worry about. If you were South Asian that would be a different story.
Reply 8
east asian are fine here
Reply 9
I like kimchi so you're all good.
Reply 10
nobody cares about your colour, people wont be much different to you than anyone else. Unless you give them an excuse to like if you are a racist yourself or something
Reply 11
Okie, thanks :biggrin:

I can't wait until I go to England :biggrin:
Asians, like all other people, are received through airports, ports and transport stations, often with a short wait at passport control.
Original post by Chihiro95
The British like east asians. You have nothing to worry about. If you were South Asian that would be a different story.

I'd like to hear your opinion on why Britain would not like South Asian people.
Frequently!
On the whole, rather well.
You'll probably get attacked.
You'll be fine mate, everyone should have a neutral standpoint on a person they don't know regardless of ethnicity. I'm South Asian.
You might get called chinky eyes or something stupid because insensitive people think all East Asian are chinese

But you should be fine
They get treated fine. Hope you have a good time over here.

Quick Reply