The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

shall we just take a minute to chuckle to ourselves about united?

who knows maybe we'll bottle it tomorrow, but at least we won't bottle it to a league 2 side...
Hendo is world class. I said he'd be worth treble what was paid for him when he signed yet everyone started going mad. Not on here but in general. I always knew Carroll would flop and I did predict better things for Borini but he still might find his way. Who knows? Unlikely but seen stranger things in football.
Original post by Lúcio
shall we just take a minute to chuckle to ourselves about united?

who knows maybe we'll bottle it tomorrow, but at least we won't bottle it to a league 2 side...

Didnt you just slam AKY for talking **** about Liverpool and here you're doing the same about United? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Didnt you just slam AKY for talking **** about Liverpool and here you're doing the same about United? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

the difference was that he was trying to divert attention away from united in a time where the whole country was laughing at them.
i am laughing at united here but i'm also acknowledging the possibility that we may suffer a cupset tomorrow.

gotta cover yourself breh:cool:
Original post by Lúcio
the difference was that he was trying to divert attention away from united in a time where the whole country was laughing at them.
i am laughing at united here but i'm also acknowledging the possibility that we may suffer a cupset tomorrow.

gotta cover yourself breh:cool:

I commend those tactics :colonhash:

I think you guys will walk the Bolton game tbh. Seem to have found a rich vein of form and i cant see Bolton having too much joy. It's at Anfield as well so yeah, you've got it in the bag.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9265

I think you guys will walk the Bolton game tbh. Seem to have found a rich vein of form and i cant see Bolton having too much joy. It's at Anfield as well so yeah, you've got it in the bag.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think what WOLO is really trying to say here is "We ****ed up against Cambridge, so I can't really be saying this but I hope the form that you're in allows you guys get ****ed tomorrow too"

:wink:
Lol Henderson isn't worth any more than 25M. That's not even twice his transfer fee.
Original post by SA-1
I think what WOLO is really trying to say here is "We ****ed up against Cambridge, so I can't really be saying this but I hope the form that you're in allows you guys get ****ed tomorrow too"

:wink:

Touche :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmao, thats it, build us up so it's harder when we fall -_-
you been learning from jam? :wink:

but yeah, we're in great form recently (admittedly with easy-ish games) so i expect nothing less than a decent win.
bolton certainly aren't bad but neither are they going for promotion.
the FA cup is a good chance for silverware this year - i don't see us beating chelsea on tuesday and unless we somehow win the EL, i don't see a better option than this cup.
Rule number one of laughing/WUMing at another team - wait till your team has won that weekend :colondollar:

Original post by jam277
Lol Henderson isn't worth any more than 25M. That's not even twice his transfer fee.

Well value to your team vs. value to another is a big diff. I can't see anyone offering 25mil for Henderson yet :colondollar:
However it would cost us more than 20mil to buy a decent replacement in terms of what he brings to our team.
Original post by jam277

Yeah, he's worth that amount to Liverpool probably. Losing him for 25m would be a blow anyway. But yeah, you wouldn't pay any more than £20-25m if you're another club at this moment. lol at triple, isn't that 60m :lol: I guess Di Maria's transfer has been used as a comparison :biggrin:

I love this pic. :smile:

I expect a comfortable win today considering we are in very good form, I highly doubt Bolton will cause us any problems.
Mignolet, Johnson, Can, Sakho, Manquillo, Allen, Henderson, Enrique, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling

Subs: Ward, Lovren, Lambert, Lucas, Borini, Rossiter, Markovic
Reply 9273
Hmm it will be interesting to see who plays where in our defence. I think Manquillo would actually be quite decent at RCB but I think it's more likely to be Johnson considering he's played there for us before. I'm not really sure I'd want Can or Johnson played in the central role, so I think we'll see Sakho there and Johnson at LCB. Presumably Lovren isn't fit enough to start.

Feel a bit sorry for Borini and Lambert. Considering they both scored last weekend, I would have expected one of them to get a start today.
Original post by Zerforax
Rule number one of laughing/WUMing at another team - wait till your team has won that weekend :colondollar:.

Given what's happened this weekend, this is an absolutely brilliant comment. All of the top 4 are either losing or failed to win :lolwut:
Reply 9275
da ****? I only just woke up, and it looks like City, Chelsea, Tottenham and Southampton are all heading out! Man Utd held by Cambridge too. There's a real opportunity for the double here, lets not mess it up
Spurs out
City out
Chelsea out

If Liverpool or Arsenal don't win this cup...
What an opportunity!

Both domestic cups and EL?
Let's get a treble; how hard can it be?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9277
Original post by Lúcio
Spurs out
City out
Chelsea out

If Liverpool or Arsenal don't win this cup...
What an opportunity!

Both domestic cups and EL?
Let's get a treble; how hard can it be?

We did it 14 years ago, lets do it again!
Just need you guys to lose now and it should be a sweet sweet day :colone:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Just need you guys to lose now and it should be a sweet sweet day :colone:

No!

Quick Reply

Latest