The Student Room Group

Finding it difficult to make friends

I find it so difficult to make friends. The thing is I do like meeting new people but I find it difficult to make friends. I know it's very vague. Any advice guys?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I find it so difficult to make friends. The thing is I do like meeting new people but I find it difficult to make friends. I know it's very vague. Any advice guys?

Hang out and get to know people more.
Reply 2
Original post by EnolaGay
Hang out and get to know people more.

Thanks! You make it sound easier than it actually is! I'm a guy btw

How do you suggest that i get to know people more?
Thanks! You make it sound easier than it actually is! I'm a guy btw

How do you suggest that i get to know people more?

There was someone in our group that was in your position, so one day he put a brave face of and just came up to our group and says he didn't have any friends and that we looked friendly.

And now he is a great friend, so try and find a friendly group and worm you way into them.

Or try and join some societies or clubs.

I assume you're in college/applying for college?
You should get involved in sports and clubs firstly.
Secondly, class is a great place to meet people, maybe you ask them a question about homework then things just click...
I myself really struggle to make friends, I usually don't talk to people (in class) if it's not convenient or if they don't speak to me first. But the few times I have initiated conversation its gone well! So try putting yourself out there.
Reply 5
Thanks for the advice guys!

I am always fearful that if I did approach people then they would think I'm boring. It might sound stupid but how do I make myself interesting. And to put it simply how do I make friends when I get to that stage?
Thanks for the advice guys!

I am always fearful that if I did approach people then they would think I'm boring. It might sound stupid but how do I make myself interesting. And to put it simply how do I make friends when I get to that stage?

Get some hobbies and passion! If you can show people you are passionate about something then it is easy you start a conversation
I find it impossible. I've never made a friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest