The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer for Cambridge and three rejections from Warwick. This is not how I pictured things would turn out!!😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aditkulkarni
Congrats on your current offers, how come Warwick rejected you last year?? Quite surprising considering your A level success.

GCSEs/PS probably. I doubt his reference was bad.

Original post by RuairiJH
Got an offer for Cambridge and three rejections from Warwick. This is not how I pictured things would turn out!!😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

You applied to Warwick 3 times? :s-smilie:
Original post by DonaldWilsonian
Got an offer for ucl econ w/year abroad this morning! Anyone else?

I'm so jealous, congratulations!!!!! When did you apply? Also what are your stats like GCSEs as and predictions for your subjects??

Well done again 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, what are your stats?
Got an offer for Cambridge and three rejections from Warwick. This is not how I pictured things would turn out!!������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratu...dolences? :biggrin:
Original post by tomixox
I'm so jealous, congratulations!!!!! When did you apply? Also what are your stats like GCSEs as and predictions for your subjects??

Well done again

6th October! 8A* 3As GCSE, 4A at AS and 3A*1A(FM) predicted. Thanks mate, good luck with all your choices!
Anyone going to the 22nd April LSE offer day?
Original post by JAthwal1
Congratulations! You going to firm/insurance it?

Yes, I'm going to firm it and insurance QMUL or Surrey( if I receive an offer)
Original post by emmelinelu
Anyone going to the 22nd April LSE offer day?

Yeh I am, ages away though lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2649
Anyone got any offers for warwick economics yet? If so what are your stats like
UCL L101 w/ year abroad offer!
Original post by dstunr
Anyone got any offers for warwick economics yet? If so what are your stats like

Yep I got an offer in November applied in October with 9A*s & an A at GCSE 4As and a B at AS and 4A* prediction at A2
Original post by morale_boost
UCL L101 w/ year abroad offer!

Congrats! is that going to be your firm? :smile:
Original post by NinjaPandaa

Congrats! is that going to be your firm? :smile:

Thanks,

I'm gonna go to the open day and see what the chances are of me going to my preferred American uni (Columbia/UCLA) in the third year and then make a decision, but I'm pretty sure I'll be firming it yeah

Congratulations on Cambridge btw, really well done!
Thanks,

I'm gonna go to the open day and see what the chances are of me going to my preferred American uni (Columbia/UCLA) in the third year and then make a decision, but I'm pretty sure I'll be firming it yeah

Congratulations on Cambridge btw, really well done!

A year abroad would be so good, like that'd be such a good time, did you apply for year abroads anywhere else?
Original post by NinjaPandaa
A year abroad would be so good, like that'd be such a good time, did you apply for year abroads anywhere else?

I know right, and I think Warwick offers a year abroad in Europe but that isn't a separate course to straight econ, you just apply whilst you're on the L100 course, so UCL L101 was the only proper 'year abroad' I applied for :smile:
I know right, and I think Warwick offers a year abroad in Europe but that isn't a separate course to straight econ, you just apply whilst you're on the L100 course, so UCL L101 was the only proper 'year abroad' I applied for :smile:

Ah cool, the only other place I feel like I saw a specific year abroad with econ with durham actually, although I could be wrong :rolleyes:
Original post by H0PEL3SS
I wouldn't think so.
I have an offer for it, but I would have thought that it would have been more competitive if anything, although it could just be that Bristol have lower entry criteria for these smaller courses (w/ econmetrics, management, finance etc) to incentivise high achieving students to apply there.

Yeh on Thursday they made an offer.

But I'm very annoyed that I took UCL off my choices (at the last minute) as I hear UCL is relatively less competitive than say lse and I've done a language.
Not sure if they would've invited for interview for Econ with stats though?
Original post by m_smith
Yeah, got an offer from Sheffield for AAB

AAB offer from Loughborough
Original post by Rkai01
Yeh on Thursday they made an offer.

But I'm very annoyed that I took UCL off my choices (at the last minute) as I hear UCL is relatively less competitive than say lse and I've done a language.
Not sure if they would've invited for interview for Econ with stats though?

Well, congratulations :smile:
It's all well and good in hindsight to say that you should have put UCL down, but Bristol is still top 10, and the offer makes a nicer insurance than say Birmingham or Leeds IMO.
After a month of not hearing from any Uni, I got 2 offers last week (Bristol and Leeds). What's the consensus on Bristol?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending