The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aah28
Hi, new to this! I submitted my ucas application on the 15th and have applied for manchester, mmu, leeds, Sheffield and reading. Recieved an interview offer for Sheffield this morning for the 2nd, although my track has stil not updated :smile:

UCAS is updating its website over the weekend so there is no track until Monday after 6pm today.
Original post by Aah28
Hi, new to this! I submitted my ucas application on the 15th and have applied for manchester, mmu, leeds, Sheffield and reading. Recieved an interview offer for Sheffield this morning for the 2nd, although my track has stil not updated :smile:

Hii, welcome :smile: congratulations on your interview! Don't worry about track, not all universities use it for interviews they just update it when they are putting a final decision on
Hi,

Could I ask those of you who have been to the University of Manchester interviews, do you know roughly how long they last and if they are in the morning or afternoon?
Original post by JLM1001
Hi,

Could I ask those of you who have been to the University of Manchester interviews, do you know roughly how long they last and if they are in the morning or afternoon?

Well the actual written interview is 45 minutes. I think mine was at half 12 and finished about 4 after the tour and a taster session :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Well the actual written interview is 45 minutes. I think mine was at half 12 and finished about 4 after the tour and a taster session :smile:

Thanks so much. Just trying to figure out how much annual leave I need to save at work for possible interviews
Original post by JLM1001
Thanks so much. Just trying to figure out how much annual leave I need to save at work for possible interviews

I would definitely allow a full day per interview
To all the newcomers feel free to add yourself to the table to keep us all updated on your interviews and offers... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Speech_and_Language_Therapy_undergraduate_courses_2015

Just click edit this article and you should be able to work it all out, if you need any help just ask :smile:

And to all those people on the table, don't forget to update as you receive decisions :smile:
Original post by Higlet
Is anyone else still waiting for Leeds or just me..? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haven't heard myself either.
Reply 1408
Hi, I'm new to this... I've applied for SLP at MMU, Leeds, Sheffield, University of Manchester, and Newcastle. So far I've been invited for an interview at MMU on the 4th Feb and I was wondering if anyone else is too?
Original post by kubrah
Hi, I'm new to this... I've applied for SLP at MMU, Leeds, Sheffield, University of Manchester, and Newcastle. So far I've been invited for an interview at MMU on the 4th Feb and I was wondering if anyone else is too?

I know someone who has an interview there on the same date, I'm trying to convince her to join the group :smile:
Finally heard from BCU last night! Conditional offer based on the completion of my Masters - so happy! Hope everyone else who applied there also hears soon!
Original post by jredwards21
Finally heard from BCU last night! Conditional offer based on the completion of my Masters - so happy! Hope everyone else who applied there also hears soon!

Congrats that's amazing! Well done you!

Congratulations! That's brilliant news :smile:

Congrats!!! Must be an amazing feeling...well done!!!

Well done, hope to be able to join you in September, fingers crossed!
Original post by madagascar
Congrats that's amazing! Well done you!

Thank you! Really hope you hear soon!
Original post by nesca89
Congratulations! That's brilliant news :smile:

Thank you so much! Hope you hear soon too - good luck!
Original post by shropshirelass51
Well done, hope to be able to join you in September, fingers crossed!

Thank you! I finished my Masters in October and get my result on Monday but as long as I pass I'll be able to accept my SALT offer :biggrin: Best of luck to everyone xx
Thank you! I finished my Masters in October and get my result on Monday but as long as I pass I'll be able to accept my SALT offer :biggrin: Best of luck to everyone xx

Good luck for Monday. Is BCU your firm choice?
Original post by shropshirelass51
Good luck for Monday. Is BCU your firm choice?

Thank you! Haven't decided yet. I have applied to Cardiff Met (haven't heard a thing) and Uni of Manchester which I had an interview for and haven't heard any more. Cardiff Met would be perfect as I live in Cardiff but I appreciate getting in anywhere :smile: As I'm a PG, I would be commuting everyday. Which other uni's have you applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest