The Student Room Group

I hate alcohol

I hate alcohol the things it does to people psyhologicly and physicly. I hate when people complain they have drunk too much and vomit because no one told them to harm their bodies it is their decision alcohol annoys me I sometimes destroys families friendships and relationships. I am annoyed with people who say they will no longer drink alcohol but they do it anyway I don't understand why some pay lots of money for alcohol because htey are not paying for fun or relaxation they are paying for cancer diabetes and other illnesses. There is no point saying alcohol is good in small amounts as most people when they drink they drink a lot and I think the negatives out weight the positives. Apparently alcohol is good for the heart so why does excessive drinking cause heart problems?

I think people who damaged their organs and body because of their selfishness to drink alcohol don't deserve new organs as there are others who need them more because they did not drink and it was not their choice or new organs such as cancers and other diseases not due to alcohol,drugs,smoking. I hate alcohol takers they annoy me I cannot look them straight in the eye how can someone pay or use someone elses money to damage their organs it is not fun or relaxing to damage your health? Please write your opinions on alcohol.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Maria1812
x

Moved to chat
Reply 2
Original post by Reue
Moved to chat

Thank you I hope i will get some replies and see how others feel about alcohol
Personally, I love alcohol :colone:

I think people who damaged their organs and body because of their selfishness to drink alcohol don't deserve new organs as there are others who need them more because they did not drink and it was not their choice or new organs such as cancers and other diseases not due to alcohol,drugs,smoking. I hate alcohol takers they annoy me I cannot look them straight in the eye how can someone pay or use someone elses money to damage their organs it is not fun or relaxing to damage your health? Please write your opinions on alcohol.

I think people who eat meat regularly who have damaged their body through doing so don't deserve new organs because there are others who need them more who don't eat meat. I hate meat eaters they annoy me I cannot look them straight in the eye how can someone pay or use someone else's money to damage their organs it is not fun or relaxing to damage your health?

Repeat for fat people, cyclists, drivers, smokers and infinatum for anything that slightly lower a life expectancy that I don't do.
Reply 5
Original post by redferry
I think people who eat meat regularly who have damaged their body through doing so don't deserve new organs because there are others who need them more who don't eat meat. I hate meat eaters they annoy me I cannot look them straight in the eye how can someone pay or use someone else's money to damage their organs it is not fun or relaxing to damage your health?

Repeat for fat people, cyclists, drivers, smokers and infinatum for anything that slightly lower a life expectancy that I don't do.

Meat is healthy if not eaten too much of but there are also other unhealthy food what do you say about people who eat lots of sugary food and junk food? or is it only meat eaters?

What about all of the good uses of alcohols? They can be used as fuels, solvents, chemical feedstock (eg. producing esters, carbonyls, carboxylic acids etc.)...
If for example glycerol (propan-1,2,3-triol) didn't exist, cell-based life as we know it wouldn't exist. I wouldn't complain too much about your existence.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
If you don't like alcohol - don't drink it. And if you hate it - don't be around people that do it. Unfair to say that people who drink alcohol shouldn't be allowed new organs. As an organ donor - I wouldn't care who got my organs as long as I could help save a life after I died!
Meat is healthy if not eaten too much of but there are also other unhealthy food what do you say about people who eat lots of sugary food and junk food? or is it only meat eaters?

Alcohol is also healthy is not drunk too much.....

I think you've dug yourself a hole here
Meat is healthy if not eaten too much of

You have there just contradicted the argument in your OP about excessive drinking. A lot of people, for the population as a whole, do not drink in excess.

Everything in moderation.
Reply 10
Yeah alcoholic people are idiots, they will die for abusing substances and drink, let them and don't stress.
Reply 11
Original post by lccy
If you don't like alcohol - don't drink it. And if you hate it - don't be around people that do it. Unfair to say that people who drink alcohol shouldn't be allowed new organs. As an organ donor - I wouldn't care who got my organs as long as I could help save a life after I died!

What if you have your liver to an alcoholic who then abused your liver and needed another one and that liver maybe could have helpt someone with liver cancer for example who did not abuse their liver and got cancer for no apparent reason ? Are you sure you woud not cre who got your organs now?
Reply 12
Original post by Paralove
You have there just contradicted the argument in your OP about excessive drinking. A lot of people, for the population as a whole, do not drink in excess.

Everything in moderation.

Many struggle with moderation and what if you drink every couple days in moderation this can cause diabetes as alcohol is highly calorific and has lots of sugar alcohol can have long term effects even in moderation.
Original post by morgan8002
What about all of the good uses of alcohols? They can be used as fuels, solvents, chemical feedstock (eg. producing esters, carbonyls, carboxylic acids etc.)...
If for example glycerol (propan-1,2,3-triol) didn't exist, cell-based life as we know it wouldn't exist. I wouldn't complain too much about your existence.

My facetiousness meter broke. You should buy me a new one.
I don't like alcohol either. The cost it has on society through familial abuse and drunk driving alone must be immense. With impacts like that, I'm finding it harder and harder to say "Well, they're drinking themselves to death, just let them" - not that I was particularly keen on that line of reasoning in the first place.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
What if you have your liver to an alcoholic who then abused your liver and needed another one and that liver maybe could have helpt someone with liver cancer for example who did not abuse their liver and got cancer for no apparent reason ? Are you sure you woud not cre who got your organs now?

Honestly - it doesn't matter. If it got to the point where someone was abusing their organs so much that they needed new ones, they'd probably also be put into rehab afterwards and I'd hope they'd make a full recovery. Addicts can't really control their addictions, that's why they're called addictions, and who are we to judge them?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
My facetiousness meter broke. You should buy me a new one.

They are genuine arguments not to hate alcohol.
The first one links to the betterment of humankind.
The second states that we wouldn't even exist without alcohols. Life would either be extremely different or would still not be any more complex than viruses.
i'd rather feed an organ to my dog than donate to an alcoholic
Reply 18
Original post by lccy
Honestly - it doesn't matter. If it got to the point where someone was abusing their organs so much that they needed new ones, they'd probably also be put into rehab afterwards and I'd hope they'd make a full recovery. Addicts can't really control their addictions, that's why they're called addictions, and who are we to judge them?

I am not saying to judge them but many addicts never recover
because alcoholism can make people homeless they may do petty crime to fund alcohol it is hard to get job with criminal record and alcohol is very addictive some recover but I don't have hope in those rehabilation places. If you know something about them then you can comment.Also its hard to stop a life you are familar with.
I hate alcohol the things it does to people psyhologicly and physicly. I hate when people complain they have drunk too much and vomit because no one told them to harm their bodies it is their decision alcohol annoys me I sometimes destroys families friendships and relationships. I am annoyed with people who say they will no longer drink alcohol but they do it anyway I don't understand why some pay lots of money for alcohol because htey are not paying for fun or relaxation they are paying for cancer diabetes and other illnesses. There is no point saying alcohol is good in small amounts as most people when they drink they drink a lot and I think the negatives out weight the positives. Apparently alcohol is good for the heart so why does excessive drinking cause heart problems?

Just because you don't like alcohol, doesn't mean you should be able to shame others who do. Ok some people drink to excess and that's bad, but on the whole the odd bit of alcohol doesn't harm you. Not only does it create social opportunities, it also allows you to relax and have a chill at the end of a heavy week of work. There's no harm in people having a bit of fun and enjoying themselves every once in a while, and you don't have the right to say to people that they are shameful for doing so.

Not everyone who drinks, drinks to excess, so you can't stick everyone under one pin.

I accept the reasons why some people don't drink, whether they just don't like it, or have related health problems. For years I couldn't drink due to an undiagnosed heart problem, but I wouldn't shame others who wanted to go out for a drink.

Quick Reply

Latest