The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neostigmine
You won't hear until 2 weeks before the interview.

They mark the personal statements out of 15. 5 points for each of the "non-academic entry requirements" that are in the prospectus.

Hope that helps!

Non academic being work experience and what else?!

have motivation and initiative (so study work experience self study adult education does that cover this)
are literate and articulate (good english)
have the ability to demonstrate a commitment to becoming a doctor (self educating travellung 4 hours a day to an access course)
Is that enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vickie89uk
Non academic being work experience and what else?!

have motivation and initiative (so study work experience self study adult education does that cover this)
are literate and articulate (good english)
have the ability to demonstrate a commitment to becoming a doctor (self educating travellung 4 hours a day to an access course)
Is that enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Work experiences isn't a specific criteria. It is the three you've listed above.

I can't tell you if it is enough. Only admissions can do that. :yes:.
Work experiences isn't a specific criteria. It is the three you've listed above.

I can't tell you if it is enough. Only admissions can do that. :yes:.

Oh no what i meant was the things i listed all fall into those categories and work experience is something that you should have to have a fair chance of getting into southampton

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they're choosing 96 out of about 600, then I'm assuming it'll be mostly the 15/15's that'll get the interviews, which is a very subjective point system :/
Original post by Calisthenist
If they're choosing 96 out of about 600, then I'm assuming it'll be mostly the 15/15's that'll get the interviews, which is a very subjective point system :/

This is very true. I think they have a lot more guidance on how to score those things, it's just that I don't know about it though, it its less arbitrary than it seems :yes:.

Oh no what i meant was the things i listed all fall into those categories and work experience is something that you should have to have a fair chance of getting into southampton

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still don't know the answer. You can't guess these things unfortunately. Just have to wait and see :yes:.
Reply 425
Should i expect anything Posative from southampton at this late stage. As i am still waiting:confused::confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Asad85
Should i expect anything Posative from southampton at this late stage. As i am still waiting:confused::confused:

Have a read through this thread and you'll realise this isn't late at all!
What kinda of things would you.do at the group. Interviews
And do you need a lot of work.experience on your personal.statement
Original post by needy2.0
And do you need a lot of work.experience on your personal.statement

Its about the quality of the experience what you have learnt and picked up along the way and how those experiences have benefited you.
Its quality over quantity but you should gain as much experience as possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
What kinda of things would you.do at the group. Interviews

Read back through this thread. You're given time to prepare on the daybut you're not allowed to know until then :no:.

It's nothing scary.
That means that interviews will be informed in like 2-3 weeks. That's nerve wracking.

Question: are parents allowed to take you to the interview and can they wait? Do you get any financial help for funding travel to an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just curious if anyone applied to UEA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bueno786
Just curious if anyone applied to UEA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, they rejected me the bastards
Original post by mangomango
That means that interviews will be informed in like 2-3 weeks. That's nerve wracking.

Question: are parents allowed to take you to the interview and can they wait? Do you get any financial help for funding travel to an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They probably cant wait with you but they can wait on campus. Students will be there to keep you calm.

Travel costs up to £100 can be reimbursed.
Read back through this thread. You're given time to prepare on the daybut you're not allowed to know until then :no:.

It's nothing scary.

a page number would be nice it is long

You can find all the informatiom about what's involved in group interviews through google

Posted from TSR Mobile

Page 1 starts the conversation of group interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
On group interviews?
You can find all the informatiom about what's involved in group interviews through google

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried that but didn't get a whole lot

Latest

Trending

Trending