The Student Room Group

Why are londoners so god damn rude

Please tell me
Why are there so many rude people round ere

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whether rude is the right word is a good question. People tend to keep themselves to themselves a lot in London, maybe that's what it is. Londoners are seen as generally unfriendly. Not that I can disagree on the whole. Of course, there are some exceptions.
Its just the people you encounter!
You know why...
Hm, of course some people are rude, but there are kind Londoners (like mee) out there somewhere.
They're not being rude, they're just generally less open and spontaneously friendly than people would be in a smaller place but I think that's normal for all big cities.
Londoners are a strange breed. Don't make eye contact, don't go to brixton just barge them out the way, don't go to Brixton.

Implying londoners are human........nice joke op

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm from London. People just keep to themselves and are less open, but I do think Londoners are more friendly/open once you get talking to them.
Reply 8
Scum everywhere, I remember when I went to Warwick and then Scotland and asked to fill up my water bottle as it had run out and I was sweating and panting, and I got told no, even though the man had a tap right behind him.
Reply 9
Original post by matthewduncan
Please tell me

Because we don't **** bwt you, we dont give a **** bwt anybody but ourselves. We have our own problems
Original post by bmjordan
Whether rude is the right word is a good question. People tend to keep themselves to themselves a lot in London, maybe that's what it is. Londoners are seen as generally unfriendly. Not that I can disagree on the whole. Of course, there are some exceptions.

I dont mind if you keep yourself to yourself.
Im like that myself but if someone opens the door for you have some ****ing manners and say thank you lol.
Its little things like that that get on my nerves
Original post by Aria Enoshima
Hm, of course some people are rude, but there are kind Londoners (like mee) out there somewhere.

i agree there are plenty of nice people but there are just so many rude people.
they are upset because their houses are earning more than them
I'm guessing you're a uni student, in which case the people being 'rude' to you are more likely to be students than Londoners.
Were you not aware that you are not allowed to talk to someone on the Underground except for directions or in an emergency?
Why you gotta be so rude...
Londoners are like marmite. You love em or you hate em. I for one hate em. Never before have I met such arrogance than that of a cockney bloke.
Original post by matthewduncan
Please tell me

What happened to you?

Why do you have such a bleak outview on London?:laugh:

I love the ethnic diversity of Londoners.
i generally find in London that people are scared of you, keep to themselves, or they wanna beat you up.

I went to Canada once and i was overwhelmed by the friendliness of everyone, it felt like heaven.

love london still.
Not all Londoners are like that tbh :smile: xxx

Quick Reply

Latest