The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emcat
Can't even blame it on them being Scottish when Glasgow was my first offer :tongue:

Damn it :mmm:

Lol I don't know why, but I'm starting to actively dislike St A
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Damn it :mmm:

Lol I don't know why, but I'm starting to actively dislike St A

Is that just because you're waiting for them and are probably going to decline an offer even if they make you one?

They're the best uni I've applied for so I'm seeing what they think of me really. I don't even know if I'd choose it as my firm if I did get an offer. I think I need to visit it again before I can choose.
Original post by emcat
Is that just because you're waiting for them and are probably going to decline an offer even if they make you one?

They're the best uni I've applied for so I'm seeing what they think of me really. I don't even know if I'd choose it as my firm if I did get an offer. I think I need to visit it again before I can choose.

Now they've taken so long to reply Yeah, I won't lie, it will be. But they might reject me anyway... Although that would be because they know I'd reject them as opposed to me not being good enough.

How was it when you visited last? My friend went up, it's funny he got there from Wales much faster than I could get to Cambridge :lol:
Grr, why is Track down, I think Durham might FINALLY have responded to my application...
Original post by drowninginsound
Grr, why is Track down, I think Durham might FINALLY have responded to my application...

Ugh did you get an email from UCAS too? :frown:
I think mine might just be my camb rejection though:tongue:
Original post by sr234
Ugh did you get an email from UCAS too? :frown:
I think mine might just be my camb rejection though:tongue:

Yeah, I got an email. It's the last university I'm waiting to hear back from, I just want to know already. :tongue:
Sorry to hear about your rejection, what's your top choice at the moment?
Just got home from Malvern College doing my SAT Subject tests - what a long day :yawn::yawn::yawn:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Now they've taken so long to reply Yeah, I won't lie, it will be. But they might reject me anyway... Although that would be because they know I'd reject them as opposed to me not being good enough.

How was it when you visited last? My friend went up, it's funny he got there from Wales much faster than I could get to Cambridge :lol:

It was nice! I'm very much not a city person so I like how small the town is. I'd just be worried it would feel too small if you lived there permanently.
Yeah, I got an email. It's the last university I'm waiting to hear back from, I just want to know already. :tongue:
Sorry to hear about your rejection, what's your top choice at the moment?

Realistic top choice is probably UCL atm, I'm still waiting for LSE to respond.. but not expecting much! Hope you get the Durham offer (I'm sure you will) :smile:

Get used to it. Track has never fared well on results day - when you'll be wanting to check it most! :tongue:
Guys any tips for AQA A2 History? I'm good with my other subjects but finding it difficult to get As/A*s in my History papers
Original post by sr234
Realistic top choice is probably UCL atm, I'm still waiting for LSE to respond.. but not expecting much! Hope you get the Durham offer (I'm sure you will) :smile:

Awesome, I hope you hear back soon and it all goes well. :biggrin: Thanks, I don't really want to go to Durham (I live nearby :tongue:) but I just want to be able to put down my firm/insurance now!

Original post by Nirgilis
Get used to it. Track has never fared well on results day - when you'll be wanting to check it most! :tongue:

Haha yeah, I've heard it's notoriously bad on results day... :lol:
Awesome, I hope you hear back soon and it all goes well. :biggrin: Thanks, I don't really want to go to Durham (I live nearby :tongue:) but I just want to be able to put down my firm/insurance now!

Haha yeah, I've heard it's notoriously bad on results day... :lol:

Omg I bet your accent is amazing :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Omg I bet your accent is amazing :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's actually not, I've lived in places with strong accents (Dorset/Oman/NZ/North East) and my mum's always made sure that I've kept a pretty flat/neutral accent. However you should hear some of the accents at my school, even I struggle to understand some people at times... :lol:
Q) Does our college give us forms to fill out for student finance or do we apply for it ourselves through an online application on their websites? Is there a deadline on when to apply for it? Have you already thought about how much its going to cost you both living costs+uni fees etc?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Q) Does our college give us forms to fill out for student finance or do we apply for it ourselves through an online application on their websites? Is there a deadline on when to apply for it? Have you already thought about how much its going to cost you both living costs+uni fees etc?

Probably varies between colleges
Online applications open Monday
Don't know
Yes I have planned a weekly budget already

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've planned a weekly budget already?!
Don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg how did you manage a weekly budget already? I need tips on your organisation... Wow. Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please tell me details of this what I find so confusing is knowing what the full list of costs will be-I am so worried I will miss stuff off.
Original post by whatacrydonnie
You've planned a weekly budget already?!

Original post by _Caz_
Omg how did you manage a weekly budget already? I need tips on your organisation... Wow. Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep haha ! Calculated my estimated student loan on a gov calculator, I've already applied for accommodation so I know 1)how much it costs and 2) my nearest aldi/lidl to work out my avg weekly shop then added personal expenses and worked out how much I will have leftover for societies/going out etc. It's all on an excel spreadsheet hahahaha