The Student Room Group

Girls, top five qualities you love in a guy?

What the top qualities in a guy. As a person who finds it hard to attract girls, I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong. I would consider myself

1) Kind
2) Funny
3) Sensitive
4) A laugh to be round / social
5) Generous

Is there anything I could be doing better? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What the top qualities in a guy. As a person who finds it hard to attract girls, I'm wondering whether I'm doing something wrong. I would consider myself

1) Kind
2) Funny
3) Sensitive
5) Generous

Thanks!

My top five qualities
1) Honest
2) Considerate
3) Playful
4) Good sense of humour
5) Confident but not arrogant
Funny (most important thing to me), honest, interesting, kind and confident

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sense of humour,playfulness,kindness,confidence and honesty
(edited 9 years ago)
Kind - not just to people, but to animals as well.
Honest
Good morals and standards
Good sense of humour (including the ability to laugh at himself)
A certain curiosity about the world, and how things work. Guess you can also call it a love of knowledge.
Loving
Shared my Christian faith
Good sense of humour
Vaguely musical, at the least
Clever, but not arrogant with it
Original post by horsewithnoname

Vaguely musical, at the least

What constitutes that? Because it's an interesting one.

Also you say Christian. But Christianity is very broad. Would someone being a Mormon or a Catholic or an Orthodox Christian all be equally as attractive to you?
(edited 9 years ago)

1) Kind
2) Funny
3) Sensitive
5) Generous

Thanks!

It really depends between person and I think that I'll just end up describing my boyfriend. I think before being in a long term, serious relationship I would have listed things such as funny but now I'm not sure.

1) polite
2) has a hobby/passion - makes you more interesting
3) sense of humour - not necessarily "funny" where they just make jokes, but somebody you can actually have a laugh with and not just cracking jokes
4) clever/intelligent
5) caring
-Honestness, I believe honesty/loyalty to be the most important quality
-A passionate/sensual side
-Intelligent, well learned, cultured etc.- able to have a sensible debate and not turn into a jibbering wreck :tongue:
-A sense of humour
-Affectionate/Selflessness
Original post by TorpidPhil
What constitutes that? Because it's an interesting one.

Also you say Christian. But Christianity is very broad. Would someone being a Mormon or a Catholic or an Orthodox Christian all be equally as attractive to you?

I've always had a passion for music and I would someone who shared that. I can play the flute as well, so it would be nice to be with someone who can sing or play an instrument.

Also, I wouldn't say I would only date one denomination of Christianity but someone who encourages me in my faith.
Reply 10
1. Empathetic
2. Honest
3. Kind
4. Funny
5. Intelligent
Honesty, Passionate about stuff, Intelligent, Funny,
and of course,

HOT STUFF 😁
Original post by Kangie
1. Empathetic
2. Honest
3. Kind
4. Funny
5. Intelligent

and a huge dick
1. Good with animals and cares about them
2. Doesn't get easily offended and can take a joke
3. Doesn't want to have kids but wants to settle down with a serious partner
4. Plays video games
5. Remains loyal to a partner throughout the entire relationship
Original post by Spock's Socks
1. Good with animals and cares about them
2. Doesn't get easily offended and can take a joke
3. Doesn't want to have kids but wants to settle down with a serious partner
4. Plays video games
5. Remains loyal to a partner throughout the entire relationship

You basically just described moir :smile:
Reply 15

1) Kind
2) Funny
3) Sensitive
5) Generous

Thanks!

Why do you need to be generous :angry:

Respect them and treat them the way they treat you:tongue:
Original post by horsewithnoname
I've always had a passion for music and I would someone who shared that. I can play the flute as well, so it would be nice to be with someone who can sing or play an instrument.

Also, I wouldn't say I would only date one denomination of Christianity but someone who encourages me in my faith.

Makes sense. I feel the same way. There's nothing better than singing together with a friend, or, singing while they play an instrument. I really need to learn how to play an instrument myself at some point, but the voice comes first as imo it is the best instrument :P

There are many Jews/Muslims who would encourage your Christian faith you know. As would some of the more open religions such as Baha'i faith. Sure not all Jews/Muslims would be fine with that but let me tell you now some Christians would go crazy if you don't abide by their denomination's teaching themselves so if the only thing that makes someone of a similar faith attractive is them being able to encourage your faith then you should open up a bit wider than just "Christians" :smile:
Reply 17
1) Funny (bonus if we have the same sense of humour).
2) Kind/sweet
3) Similar interests
4) Laid back so doesn't take himself seriously
5) Actually attractive to me

1) Kind
2) Funny
3) Sensitive
5) Generous

Thanks!

top qualities for me are: sense of humour, considerate, determined, honest and loyal
this is what I like most in my boyfriend and there isn't really much more I could ask for.
but everyone is different!
I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Just because loads of girls aren't attracted to you doesn't mean that no one will ever be attracted to you. The right person will like you for who you are :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Sense of humour,playfulness,kindness,confidence and honesty

Here i am, what are your other two wishes? ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending