The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mralpha
Cmon man

Sorry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got any form of emails to get in contact with recruiters? I completed tests from BAML and other banks and want to drop an email to see what's happening since offers are being handed out. Fear my application may have been lost as I would have assumed a rejection would come straight after the numerical tests etc.

Need to contact: BAML, CS, GS, Citi and JPM

cheers
Reply 6002
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
I haven't heard anyone applying to IMD with an interview invite on here yet. All Sec, IBD and GIR so far. Probably not many places.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had my GS IMD interview on Friday, and one of my friends has their GS IMD interview next friday.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone had an offer for a JPM Tech SW? I had my telephone interview on 30th December but the online status is still 'you have been invited for a first round interview.' :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Akanni
I had my GS IMD interview on Friday, and one of my friends has their GS IMD interview next friday.

how was it? what were you asked?
Original post by Aenigma
Know you're stuff and don't be an ass. Fit is important and they really try to avoid people that follow the alpha-macho-mysogyny stereotype (ie those of you that we're posting the mysogynistic IB-quotes of the day...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come say it to my face! My quotes rock this thread.
Original post by gsbs2
Come say it to my face! My quotes rock this thread.

Sorry, didn't know you started the trend. Looking back at your posts though, yours weren't particularly offensive
Some were really quite distasteful, wonder how the girls on this thread feel about them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Sorry, didn't know you started the trend. Looking back at your posts though, yours weren't particularly offensive
Some were really quite distasteful, wonder how the girls on this thread feel about them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm just joking hahahaah
It's just for the laugh and to annoy serious people. All of them directly copied from the GS Elevator!
Original post by fizzbizz
Anyone had an offer for a JPM Tech SW? I had my telephone interview on 30th December but the online status is still 'you have been invited for a first round interview.' :frown:

I think jpm hasn't sent any rejection yet...
Has anyone been through Lazard's final round yet? got mine on thursday, would love some advice :smile:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I did my Morgan Stanley first round first interview on 19th Dec, haven't heard back from then. Can I expect a rejection do you think?

If you are successful they are pretty quick, if not, they can take a while. I wouldn't hold your breath, but I do wish you the best of luck.
Original post by claudia775
I have an interview on weds for tech and it is just one interview

Hey me too! What time is yours haha
Original post by welcometoib
experiences of them barring ms?

Excluding MS, I found HSBC and CS to be similar. Citi was a bit different, I guess because it's an American firm.
Reply 6013
Original post by Refrigerator
Has anyone been through Lazard's final round yet? got mine on thursday, would love some advice :smile:

Apparently it's pretty similar to the telephone interview.
Original post by Rugile1
Also, is anyone else having an interview with GS for technology??

I thought that GS will only have one interview.. is there also going to be a 2nd one, if 1st is successful? :redface:

Yes, this Wednesday! I think (hope) we only have the one interview!
Some people asked me for advice over PM, so I thought I would put some of it in here so it reaches a wider audience.

>Attention to detail. Read everything twice before submitting it. I strongly believe that if you make a spelling mistake in your cover letter or CV you should not even receive a first round interview.

>I have heard an argument being made before that spelling and grammar checks are more important for IBD instead of S&T. This is rubbish, attention to detail is most important in S&T

>People who work in banks are just like everyone else, don't be an Alpha jackass, you probably won't go very far.

>Take care to mix confidence and humility wisely. I had someone tell me in an interview before that "You should hire me because I'm smarter than everyone else in there (pointing to the trading floor), I will make a lot of money" If he really was smart, he wouldn't have made such a silly comment. He was not invited back for the second round.

>Help other people, even in trading you need to be a very strong team player.

That's all I can think of for now.

Best of luck to you all!!

P.S If people have any further questions, please post them in here so that answers are available to everyone.
Original post by Mcdermott
Congrats! I got mine this morning. Did you get any confirmation through email or so? I got my call during a lecture so I was unfocused while listening to the any details :colondollar:.

Well done! Haha yeah luckily I was only with my cousins so it wasn't an issue!
Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm currently in year 12 and have been lucky enough to land some work experience in a investment bank. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do to maximise my chances for a future career in banking? For example, building relationships with bankers and gaining more work experience?
Original post by Reflektor15
Excluding MS, I found HSBC and CS to be similar. Citi was a bit different, I guess because it's an American firm.

is culture something that you value over prestige of a firm? seems a lot on here dont really think its important who you work with, rather where. Mind me asking where you are interning this summer? :smile:
Did you find the numerical test for baml hard? Did they tell you your score?

Latest

Trending

Trending