105kg X 5
125kg X 4
142.5kg X 2, 3
162.5kg X 1
180kg X 1
190kg X 1
200kg X 1 (PB)
162.5kg X 2, 5

I've had really bad tendinitis in my right elbow for the past week, makes squatting tough/extremely painful. Had lower back pump too, so was feeling FUBAR. Lifts felt heavier than they should, 3plates felt like an absolute tonne, to the point of struggling to get 3 reps... So a 200kg PB was awesome, definitely a lot more there on a good day/a day when I'm not in agony. Decided to scrap my planned Sheiko workout and just hit a few singles etc.

Nice PR. Also going for PR on a bad day - I know that feel lol.
Elbow pain whilst squatting could be a form issue. If your elbows are under the bar they'll be taking weight - they shouldn't.
Original post by redbuthotter
Nice PR. Also going for PR on a bad day - I know that feel lol.

Cheers. Be nice to find out what I can hit on a good day.

Original post by illusionz
Elbow pain whilst squatting could be a form issue. If your elbows are under the bar they'll be taking weight - they shouldn't.

I have my elbows back, form is good. It's due to the rack at my current (soon to be former) gym. The pegs are at an awkward hight, have to almost calf raise the bar to unrack and then do a mini press to rerack = ****ed up elbows/forearms/triceps. Planning on moving to the gym in the latest vid, has a power rack so solves the problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saturday 17th January 2015

Deficit deadlift (20kg plate)
60kg 2X5
100kg X 3
132.5kg 2X3
160kg 2X3
172.5kg 2X3

Deadlift -
180kg X 1
200kg X 1
220kg X 1
240kg X 1
255kg X 1
120kg 3X10
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo

You know your legs are jacked when you squat a bar that bends :wink:.
Original post by Dilzo999
You know your legs are jacked when you squat a bar that bends :wink:.

To be fair it's a pretty **** bar to start with :tongue:
Tuesday 20th January 2015

Squats -
60kg X 5, 5
100kg X 1
120kg X 1
140kg X 1
160kg X 1
180kg X 1
195kg X 1
210kg 2X1(PB) [videod second attempt, video failed on first]
180kg X 5(PB) [videoed] 17.5kg increase on my previous 5rep PB set last week (lol)
152.5kg X 3 (had planned 5X3 although lower back was absolutely destroyed, so called it)

Niiiice Squats!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember when you were an aesthetics driven bro. You have lost your way in life my friend.
Original post by illusionz
I remember when you were an aesthetics driven bro. You have lost your way in life my friend.

I'm all about that total
'Bout that total, no 'thetics.
Wooahhhhh you are a serious squatter! I've never seen any squat with so much weight, fair play!
Original post by Queen Cersei
Wooahhhhh you are a serious squatter! I've never seen any squat with so much weight, fair play!

He's the strongest squatter on tsr atm.

Sincerely, the fourth strongest squatter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beast! Gjm. So impressive
Saturday 24th January 2015

Deadlift -
60kg X 5, 5
100kg X 3
140kg X 1
160kg 2X1
180kg X 1
200kg X 1
220kg X 1
240kg X 1
255kg X 1
270kg X F, F
225kg X 5 (5rep max PB)

Block pull -
140kg X 1
180kg X 1
200kg X 1
220kg X 3

First attempt at 270 flew off the floor, got an inch from lockout and then it just hit a wall and wouldn't budge, held it for a good few seconds comfortably but it wasn't going any further. Second attempt didn't even break it off the floor, was wiped out from the first fail. Narrowed my stance which seems to have helped with speed off the floor, but made locking out harder. 270 would have been a nice PB, disappointing to miss it by an inch, although I've had trouble breaking 255+ off the floor the past month or so, so for 270 to fly up was encouraging. Sleep deprived the past week and diet has been awful the past few days, which doesn't help, 280 at my meet in April may still be doable.
Saturday 24th January 2015

Deadlift -
60kg X 5, 5
100kg X 3
140kg X 1
160kg 2X1
180kg X 1
200kg X 1
220kg X 1
240kg X 1
255kg X 1
270kg X F, F
225kg X 5 (5rep max PB)

Block pull -
140kg X 1
180kg X 1
200kg X 1
220kg X 3

First attempt at 270 flew off the floor, got an inch from lockout and then it just hit a wall and wouldn't budge, held it for a good few seconds comfortably but it wasn't going any further. Second attempt didn't even break it off the floor, was wiped out from the first fail. Narrowed my stance which seems to have helped with speed off the floor, but made locking out harder. 270 would have been a nice PB, disappointing to miss it by an inch, although I've had trouble breaking 255+ off the floor the past month or so, so for 270 to fly up was encouraging. Sleep deprived the past week and diet has been awful the past few days, which doesn't help, 280 at my meet in April may still be doable.

solid pulling, do you have a total in mind for April?
Original post by Scrappy-coco
solid pulling, do you have a total in mind for April?

230-150-270
Current total is 625
210-150-265
There is a lot more in my squat so another 12 weeks of progressing and 230 should be realistically achievable.

Planing on dieting until about two weeks out and dropping down a weight class, so I'll be happy simply equalling a bench/deadlift PB, and anything on top of that is a bonus.
Currently weigh about 104kg, ideally I want to compete at 90kg, although 100kg may be more realistically with only 3 months to go, we'll see how it goes. 650@90 would be pretty awesome to say I've been lifting less than two years and properly squatting/deadlifting 8-9 months.
230-150-270
Current total is 625
210-150-265
There is a lot more in my squat so another 12 weeks of progressing and 230 should be realistically achievable.

Planing on dieting until about two weeks out and dropping down a weight class, so I'll be happy simply equalling a bench/deadlift PB, and anything on top of that is a bonus.
Currently weigh about 104kg, ideally I want to compete at 90kg, although 100kg may be more realistically with only 3 months to go, we'll see how it goes. 650@90 would be pretty awesome to say I've been lifting less than two years and properly squatting/deadlifting 8-9 months.

Strong.

that seems a tough situation to be in regards to weight class, no doubt you would be really competitive in the 90's but still within a shout in the 100's.

First competition? you could be in a shout to qualify for nationals soon.
Original post by Scrappy-coco
Strong.

that seems a tough situation to be in regards to weight class, no doubt you would be really competitive in the 90's but still within a shout in the 100's.

First competition? you could be in a shout to qualify for nationals soon.

Getting down to 90kg isn't difficult in and of its self, obviously maintaining/increasing strength while doing so is where it becomes tricky and perhaps a tad optimistic, will be a nice challenge though.

It's a 24hour weigh in, so if I can get down to about 92 I should be able to cut a bit of water and make weight.

First comp, yeah. Qualifying total for 90kg is 570 and for 100kg it's 597.5kg, so should qualify if I hit what I can hit in the gym, which is easier said than done.
Getting down to 90kg isn't difficult in and of its self, obviously maintaining/increasing strength while doing so is where it becomes tricky and perhaps a tad optimistic, will be a nice challenge though.

It's a 24hour weigh in, so if I can get down to about 92 I should be able to cut a bit of water and make weight.

First comp, yeah. Qualifying total for 90kg is 570 and for 100kg it's 597.5kg, so should qualify if I hit what I can hit in the gym, which is easier said than done.

good luck, staying in your current weight class may be the safest option but that would just be me, either way I think you will qualify

Quick Reply

Latest