The Student Room Group

Why are londoners so god damn rude

Scroll to see replies

Never understood the stereotype that Londoners are rude, the most insufferable people come from Liverpool...

They don't shut up about how great Liverpool is, "ow acchsents sound the best", "ow wimmin r the best loocchan", "nottan loik a scchouse sense o' humor", "aye that stevie gerraaard"

If it's so great, piss off back there
(edited 9 years ago)
Because you text while you walk.

Spoiler

Original post by leema1122
Not all Londoners are like that tbh :smile: xxx

Yeh I'm nothing like that xxx.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are maybe too many foreigners who only stick to their own people and speak their own languages, this alienates native local londoners.

(Note I love foreigners and other cultures but this is true)
Reply 24
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Londoners are a strange breed. Don't make eye contact, don't go to brixton just barge them out the way, don't go to Brixton.

Implying londoners are human........nice joke op

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in Brixton :frown::frown:
Original post by holmes221
There are maybe too many foreigners who only stick to their own people and speak their own languages, this alienates native local londoners.

(Note I love foreigners and other cultures but this is true)

I used to think that but english people we are just as bad.
My old man told me today he held the door open for three english birds and every single one walked through the door without saying a word.
Original post by Monkey.Slayer
What happened to you?

Why do you have such a bleak outview on London?:laugh:

I love the ethnic diversity of Londoners.

I like it as well its ethnic diversity as well.
Theres lots of good things about london.girls,diversity,money etc but there are bad things as well.
Usually i dont even say anything because i just accept thats the way londoners are but im just on a rant today
It's the same in most giant cities. If you think Londoners are bad you should see Parisians...
Original post by daindian
Yeh I'm nothing like that xxx.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You had to mention yourself :P xxx
Original post by matthewduncan
I dont mind if you keep yourself to yourself.
Im like that myself but if someone opens the door for you have some ****ing manners and say thank you lol.
Its little things like that that get on my nerves

That does get on my nerves, but it's the only thing which comes to mind which does. I generally shout "YOU'RE WELCOME!" at people who do this.

Actually, I tell a lie - the other thing which annoys me is when people dawdle in busy areas.

What you have to understand is that nobody in London wants to interact with anyone else. The place is so huge that everyone becomes anonymous: the people around you stop being people and become inanimate obstacles. Everyone just wants to get from A to B with minimal fuss. If you don't share that mindset, then Londoners will probably frustrate you.
(edited 9 years ago)
I used to think that but english people we are just as bad.
My old man told me today he held the door open for three english birds and every single one walked through the door without saying a word.

Yeh thats why I would hate it if there weren't foreigners here, the Euro girlslike getting with us English Londoners :wink: But there are also certain countries that don't integrate well and are increasingly alienating Londoners.
Reply 31
People in general are rude there's just a higher concentration of people in London.
I actually found the opposite.

I went to London recently from the North West, and everybody was very polite to me from asking directions to just saying excuse me on the underground.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I prefer people who aren't all welcoming and ultra cheery.
Cause we're all in a rush.
Original post by tomtjl
I live in Brixton :frown::frown:

You disgust me

You should be ashamed of yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think London's that bad, when you've had to travel through Paris Gare de Montparnasse during morning rush hour with a heavy suitcase ... getting from the underground to the mainline station is a nightmare enough in itself.
When you have a population consisting largely of mixed race, money hungry young people things are never gonna end well...All the real Londoners have ****ed off to Kent, Essex and Sussex.
I like it as well its ethnic diversity as well.
Theres lots of good things about london.girls,diversity,money etc but there are bad things as well.
Usually i dont even say anything because i just accept thats the way londoners are but im just on a rant today

I have my off-days also, but that's the city life, you can't always expect life to be rosy, you will meet some prickly thorns along the way, it's all about how you pick yourself up and carry on while keeping a positive outlook on things.

Life is full of ups and downs, it's how you react to the downs that matter the most.:smile:
Reply 39
You can help by not saying swear words in front of people or your own teacher, friends and family.

Quick Reply

Latest