The Student Room Group

Applying for BN and PGDips at the same time?

Hello all,

I already have a degree and am applying to go into mental health nursing this September...

Can I apply for both the undergraduate and post graduate course at the same university at the same time?

Kind regards
Mel
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Melbourner
Hello all,

I already have a degree and am applying to go into mental health nursing this September...

Can I apply for both the undergraduate and post graduate course at the same university at the same time?

Kind regards
Mel

You are past the deadline for the undergraduate degree, but probably not for the postgrad. Postgrad applications don't go through Ucas (except for a couple of things which aren't my area) so they won't show up on the same form, but may well be matched up given the fact that the same staff are likely to be looking at them. I suggest you get some advice direct from the university in question, especially as your undergraduate application will already not be given equal consideration.
Reply 2
Many thanks for replying. The nursing postgraduate courses are the only course that have to go through UCAS. I had to call UCAS the other day as the PGdip wasn't on the postgraduate list..... They said I am able to apply for the undergraduate until the 30th June x
You hasn't passed the deadline as such. But after the 15th of jan you're application for undergrad 'might' not be given the same consideration as those who applied before 6pm on the 15th of jan.

I would have thought they would still look at it though. Best of luck.
Many thanks for replying. The nursing postgraduate courses are the only course that have to go through UCAS. I had to call UCAS the other day as the PGdip wasn't on the postgraduate list..... They said I am able to apply for the undergraduate until the 30th June x

That's great, then. Not my area, so I will say no more.
Reply 5
Apologies I didn't mean to offend with my reply x x
Reply 6
Thankyou ballroom beans x x
Apologies I didn't mean to offend with my reply x x

Nononono, you didn't! I meant NHS courses aren't things I have a lot to do with, so I won't say anything else because I'm likely to be wrong and didn't want to be misleading.
Reply 8
That's ok then :smile: x x x
Thankyou ballroom beans x x

You're welcome. I did mental health nursing @ Northumbria. You'll love it. Very rewarding x
Reply 10
Ballroom beans I so hope I get onto the course. I'm hoping that applying for both will show how dedicated to the profession I am x x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending