The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

GCSE grades: 7A*s 2A's
A-Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Course: Physics
College: Oriel

Would you say my GCSE's are above average/average/below average for Physics
Original post by Magnesium
Ahh I see. Umm if I have time, I'll definitely go :smile: Not very sure who to go with though, I'll have to bring my parents along and end up boring them to death... :')

I'll come with you! Where shall we go? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
I'll come with you! Where shall we go? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I'll be going to all the maths open days :lol:
Original post by Magnesium
But I'll be going to all the maths open days :lol:

Ah . . . We could go to the whole university open days and then check out specific departments! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chlorophile
I might take a picture of my pile of prospectuses... I think I win.

Don't forget the ALTERNATIVE prospectuses written by students themselves.

I'm not sure that there is a one-stop place to pick up the Oxford college ones - you may have to request or download them from the college websites.

The Brasenose one is available here:
http://www.bnc.ox.ac.uk/about-brasenose/news/1081-alternative-prospectus-launched
Original post by admissionshost
Don't forget the ALTERNATIVE prospectuses written by students themselves.

I'm not sure that there is a one-stop place to pick up the Oxford college ones - you may have to request or download them from the college websites.

The Brasenose one is available here:
http://www.bnc.ox.ac.uk/about-brasenose/news/1081-alternative-prospectus-launched

My big pile of prospectuses included the St. Anne's alternative prospectus!
My big pile of prospectuses included the St. Anne's alternative prospectus!

Excellent! OUSU (the student union) also produce one:
http://ousu.org/applying/undergraduate/alternative-prospectus/
Thirty prospectuses guys... beat that. The two UCL prospectuses aren't the same, one's 2014 and one's 2015. Birmingham sent me two for some reason.

Spoiler

You have had an extra year :wink:
Where is the cambridge version of this thread can't find ittt!!!!!! Someone help me :no::confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hopefulecon12
Where is the cambridge version of this thread can't find ittt!!!!!! Someone help me :no::confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2722532
Original post by Charlie1o5
Wow everyone GCSE's are so impressive... does anyone know how much Oxford looks at GCSE's? I really want to study physics at Oxford but of course that will require high standards is Oxford strict about requirements...?

I got an offer for physics with 4A* 5A 3B. Your GCSEs don't have to be amazing, you just have to perform well in the PAT and interview.

Original post by TomCastles
GCSE grades: 7A*s 2A's
A-Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Course: Physics
College: Oriel

Would you say my GCSE's are above average/average/below average for Physics

Saw your post, so I thought I'd quote you as well. PAT and interviews count for more than GCSEs.
(edited 9 years ago)
GCSE grades: 6A*s, 2A's, 1B (who the hell even does Kazakh -.-)
A-Levels: Biology, Psychology, Geography, English Lit.
Course: Biological Sciences
College: Keble

Heeeeeey, is anyone hoping to apply to BioSci??
Original post by emem2011
Haha thank you so much :biggrin:

I'm hoping to go to quite a few open days- I think it's important to actually see the medical schools as you can't always get a realistic view from the websites!

Ah wow, so you live close to Oxford/London then? I live ages away haha, that is the only thing that worries me because I would be relatively far away! Have there been quite a few people from your school to go to Oxford then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i totally agree, seeing the uni is the best way to decide if it's worth applying for!
I live a 20 minute train ride from london :smile: ooh yeah i know what you mean, i was looking at Edinburgh but it's an 8 hr drive from me!
Not too many people get into oxford from my school tbh, because not that many apply.. what about yours?
Original post by LeoNicole
GCSE grades: 6A*s, 2A's, 1B (who the hell even does Kazakh -.-)
A-Levels: Biology, Psychology, Geography, English Lit.
Course: Biological Sciences
College: Keble

Heeeeeey, is anyone hoping to apply to BioSci??

woah you've already chosen a college? How'd you decide?:biggrin:

applying for med sorry:tongue:
Original post by misstac

Keble is very pretty and impressive from what I've seen!
Original post by misstac
Yeah i totally agree, seeing the uni is the best way to decide if it's worth applying for!
I live a 20 minute train ride from london :smile: ooh yeah i know what you mean, i was looking at Edinburgh but it's an 8 hr drive from me!
Not too many people get into oxford from my school tbh, because not that many apply.. what about yours?

Exactly! It's going to cost loads though between travelling to these open days and staying overnight in some cases.

Same here, I can only think of one person who got into Oxford whilst I've been in the school and that was for theology or something- no one has ever got in for medicine which is pretty worrying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by misstac

I just read a loooooot about the colleges on TSR, and also in the books provided in our Sixth Form library. Honestly, I just chose what felt right and not based on status or anything like that :biggrin: Just decide what you want, in terms of size, location, age
:biggrin:
Original post by LeoNicole
I just read a loooooot about the colleges on TSR, and also in the books provided in our Sixth Form library. Honestly, I just chose what felt right and not based on status or anything like that :biggrin: Just decide what you want, in terms of size, location, age
:biggrin:

I've chosen The Queen's College!

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE Grades: 7A* 2A
A-level Subjects: Maths, History, French, German
Course: Modern Languages- German and Beginner's Russian
College: St John's

Latest

Trending

Trending