The Student Room Group

Things which make you very angry while driving

Scroll to see replies

Buses, motorbikes, other cars
Original post by JC.
I LOVE those.
I give them the opportunity to ease off by flashing the brake lights at them and then just slow down until they get the message or get pissed off and go around.

As much as i dont like tailgaiters- this really works.
Tailgaters, people who don't indicate, people who don't observe the road ahead well enough and keep slamming the brakes on, new 20mph limits in parts of South London, people who don't realise that speed cameras in these zones now enforce 20mph but still tailgate you, people who take two spaces with their car in packed streets, people who don't switch on their lights at night and people without working lights (do it once, it's an accident; more though, you should be shot).

That'll do for now :biggrin:
Reply 43
Buses, vans, people who force you to emergency stop when you have right of way then thank you as they drive past (******s), people who overtake you then slow down forcing you to slow down behind them 😒🔫, pretty much every other driver, I'm very ragey 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who cut into my lane
People who tailgate
People who don't indicate
People who overtake me on a 30mph zone
Making me swerve because they didn't give way (obstruction on THEIR side)
People who put full beams on
Granny drivers who drive 30mph on a dual carriageway

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who tailgate when I'm going at the speed limit. Nearly always Audi and BMW drivers I notice.

People who indicate incorrectly.

People who use mobile phones while driving.

People going way below the speed limit for no good reason. Not bothered about slowing down on a very windy national speed limit road, or places where there is good reason to go very slow, and I tend to be quite cautious myself. But doing 35-40 mph on a NSL road which is straight, wide, dry and clear is just ridiculous.

Oh, and being overtaken by some pleb in a MICRA :facepalm:

Original post by Adipoptosis
My number one thing has to be...

People with crappy cars driving at 70 mph dead on in the fast lane on the M40.

You mean sticking to the speed limit? It applies in the outer lane too you know (not the "fast lane").
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RFowler
People who tailgate when I'm going at the speed limit. Nearly always Audi and BMW drivers I notice.

People who indicate incorrectly.

People who use mobile phones while driving.

People going way below the speed limit for no good reason. Not bothered about slowing down on a very windy national speed limit road, or places where there is good reason to go very slow, and I tend to be quite cautious myself. But doing 35-40 mph on a NSL road which is straight, wide, dry and clear is just ridiculous.

Oh, and being overtaken by some pleb in a MICRA :facepalm:

You mean sticking to the speed limit? It applies in the outer lane too you know (not the "fast lane").

PRECISELY - it's not the fast lane, it's the outer lane for OVERTAKING. Regardless of what speed they're doing if there is a car behind them that wants to drive faster they need to move out of the way. Now the reality is that 70mph on the m40 in the outer lane means that you're holding up a whole bunch of cars behind you while you're lane hogging.
People (namely young men) who drive small cars fitted with silly noisy exhausts in a 'look at me, I have a small penis' attempt.
Original post by Veggiechic6
People (namely young men) who drive small cars fitted with silly noisy exhausts in a 'look at me, I have a small penis' attempt.

Sexist!!
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Sexist!!

Lol I've never seen a woman do it!
Women doing their makeup while driving..seriously wtf..
Original post by Veggiechic6
Lol I've never seen a woman do it!

Sometimes the men who do that kinda thing, have girlfriends who drive their car round, so yes, I have seen that quite a few times actually.

In fact, I have also seen girls driving around in pink Mitsubishi hatchbacks with pink fluffy dice, loud exhausts, tinted windows and all the usual stuff.
Lets see now:
-People who overtake on blind corners (had some tit in a Seat Leon FR do this to me earlier)
-Impatient people (had some idiot in AE51 LXG nearly take the front off my car, was turning right at a junction and he just goes flying past me, good job I had my eye on my mirrors!)
-People who do 30/40 for no good reason in a 60 zone
-Oh yes and tailgaters
Oh yes and Boy racers
Original post by limetang
Oh, and Audi Drivers.

Hey! I drive an Audi :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Those who over take when I'm driving at the correct speed limit. Thus they are speeding .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adipoptosis
My number one thing has to be...

People with crappy cars driving at 70 mph dead on in the fast lane on the M40.

Out of interest what difference does it make what car the person is driving? :tongue:
Seeing go faster stripes
or modded exhausts on crap cars
or cyclists
or motorbikes
or people who dont indicate
or granny grandpa drivers that go 15mph everywhere
or giving way to someone who then gets through the lights and I dont
or when someone goes very slowly then the lights go to amber then they speed up and I get stuck at the lights
or people who edge forward as you are driving along even though they cant go anywhere
Prius's

I could go on forever.
(edited 9 years ago)
People who have broken dipped lights, or who use their fog lights when there is no bloody fog. I flash the hell out of people when I see fogged lights on when there's no fog. Drives me mad. Or people who don't adjust their dipped lights, so that it's really high, and blinds you even though they've dipped.
Original post by Walkaah
Out of interest what difference does it make what car the person is driving? :tongue:

haha well actually it doesn't make a difference.

my main anger is directed at people who drive in the fast lane to make a point - 'yeh, I have an old, slow car but look at me i can drive here too and they don't move for ageeeees'

but no the car has nothing to do with it, driving at 70 dead on when everyone else wants to go faster is wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending