The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jredwards21
Thank you! Haven't decided yet. I have applied to Cardiff Met (haven't heard a thing) and Uni of Manchester which I had an interview for and haven't heard any more. Cardiff Met would be perfect as I live in Cardiff but I appreciate getting in anywhere :smile: As I'm a PG, I would be commuting everyday. Which other uni's have you applied to?

Hope you get into Cardiff as it's going to be a long commute otherwise. I've only applied to BCU as it's the only Uni within travelling distance and I have a family. Luckily, I really liked the approach taken there, but I'm still waiting so we'll see.

Good luck with the rest of your applications.
Got an email saying my ucas has changed and track is down until Monday.. Kill me :')
Original post by eskimok1
Got an email saying my ucas has changed and track is down until Monday.. Kill me :')

Oh no that's torture! How are they still sending out emails if it's down?! Hopefully it's good news though and you'll have a nice surprise on Monday!! :smile:
Original post by Kaylou12
Oh no that's torture! How are they still sending out emails if it's down?! Hopefully it's good news though and you'll have a nice surprise on Monday!! :smile:

I have no idea but it's killing me! Awww thank you :smile:

Oh my word that is awful! I feel sorry for you, it's going to be a long weekend for you. Fingers crossed it's good news :smile:
UCAS worked.. Conditional offer from City London!!!
A*AA though....
A*AA though....

Yay!! Congratulations :smile:
Original post by Kaylou12
Yay!! Congratulations :smile:

Thank you so much! :smile:
A*AA though....

Congratulations on your offer! You will definitely get those grades no problem hehe
Original post by nesca89
Congratulations on your offer! You will definitely get those grades no problem hehe

Aww that's so lovely thank you :smile:
A*AA though....

Well done!
Reply 1431
Original post by nesca89
I know someone who has an interview there on the same date, I'm trying to convince her to join the group :smile:

Oh, cool! Thank you for letting me know :smile:
Original post by LT1508
Hmm, it's a tricky one! Because some unis will accept your sociology, but others look for either biology, psychology or English language.. It may be worth emailing the unis and seeing. If not, reading do a language sciences and psychology degree whereby afterwards you can go on to do an nhs funded postgraduate in SLT. That route only takes 1 year longer than their standard SLT course.

Yeah, Reading offered me that course instead of the speech and language therapy course so that one is my favourite looking at the two offers I've been given at the minute but got an interview at Marjon on the 3rd Feb so hopefully have some success there!
I have my interview on Wednesday for Newcastle and in the email it says we will have to watch a video and write a passage! I feel confident with the other two aspects of the interview - presentation and group discussion - but feel a bit nervous about the video section! Does anyone know what it will entail?
Good luck if you have your interview that day too!! :smile:
Reply 1434
Original post by mollybd
I have my interview on Wednesday for Newcastle and in the email it says we will have to watch a video and write a passage! I feel confident with the other two aspects of the interview - presentation and group discussion - but feel a bit nervous about the video section! Does anyone know what it will entail?
Good luck if you have your interview that day too!! :smile:

Don't worry about the video and written task... You will be fine! The video is only a few mins long and you basically just write about what you observe. They play it a couple of times and you can make notes throughout.

My only advice would be to choose what you think are the most important points and just write about those - we only had 10mins to actually write and I found myself rushing to say everything!

Hope this helps :smile:
Got the questionnaire from Reading, got given 2 weeks to complete it, working all but one day of those two weeks so I know what I'm doing on my day off! It's really hard in a way, not many clues as to how you should answer...
I have an interview at Sheffield on Tuesday! Very nervous as I have no idea what to expect and how to prepare for it eeek
Interview at Sheffield in a few hours eep
Interview at Sheffield in a few hours eep

Good luck! They're really nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
Good luck! They're really nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you! Oh that's good, how roughly does the day go?

Quick Reply

Latest