The Student Room Group

History Revision Help

Hi,
I'm in Year 11 doing AQA History and I'm having a lot of trouble learning the information. Does anyone have any help how I can revise effectively? All helps appreciated!
Zac:smile::smile:
Original post by zweeden99
Hi,
I'm in Year 11 doing AQA History and I'm having a lot of trouble learning the information. Does anyone have any help how I can revise effectively? All helps appreciated!
Zac:smile::smile:

Spider diagrams. Then timed past papers. Boom.

Write out really rough notes for each bit of the topic. Then do a spider diagram. Then condense this into one big spider diagram. It worked for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Edminzodo
Spider diagrams. Then timed past papers. Boom.

Write out really rough notes for each bit of the topic. Then do a spider diagram. Then condense this into one big spider diagram. It worked for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply! This sounds like a really good method! Can i ask what you got in the end? :smile:
Thanks for your reply! This sounds like a really good method! Can i ask what you got in the end? :smile:

An A* (224/240), even though I misread a question and did completely the wrong thing on one paper. I think I dropped about 8 marks for that . . . What are you aiming for? :smile:
Reply 4
An A* (224/240), even though I misread a question and did completely the wrong thing on one paper. I think I dropped about 8 marks for that . . . What are you aiming for? :smile:

Tbh at least a B. I dont remember anything i done in yr 10 as my teacher was so boring! So im a having a lot of dificulty now! I would love an A though!
Tbh at least a B. I dont remember anything i done in yr 10 as my teacher was so boring! So im a having a lot of dificulty now! I would love an A though!

What topics are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
What topics are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The origins of ww1, Peacemaking 1918-19 and the League of nations, Hitlers Foreign policies and the origins of ww2, the origins of the cold war 1945-55, Tsardom to communism russia 1914-24, stalins dictatorship USSR 1924-41 and the USA and vietnam failure abroad and at home 1964-75. :smile:
The origins of ww1, Peacemaking 1918-19 and the League of nations, Hitlers Foreign policies and the origins of ww2, the origins of the cold war 1945-55, Tsardom to communism russia 1914-24, stalins dictatorship USSR 1924-41 and the USA and vietnam failure abroad and at home 1964-75. :smile:

Why are you doing so many?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Why are you doing so many?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr its ridiculous! Now you see why im having so much trouble! The exam board added more topics because thr exam was apparently 'too predictable!!'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending