The Student Room Group

so i have been thinking about..

the possibilities of me getting into imperial college(university, i know sounds weird) , with my predicted gcse and upcoming a levels( in year 11).
so far i have been told the predicted grades below

GCSE CHEMISTRY: A*
GCSE BIOLOGY: A
GCSE PHYSICS:A
MATHS: B ( can get an A though)
GCSE GEOGRAPHY: A
ENGLISH: C
GCSE RE: B
--------------------------------
BTEC BUSINESS:MERIT (B)
BTEC ICT: MERIT ( can get an A)

Al- Levels ( next year)

chem
bio
geo
math

hmm not the best grades but i think i have a chance and this is just a predicted garde
Original post by GeniulsyEvil
the possibilities of me getting into imperial college(university, i know sounds weird) , with my predicted gcse and upcoming a levels( in year 11).
so far i have been told the predicted grades below

GCSE CHEMISTRY: A*
GCSE BIOLOGY: A
GCSE PHYSICS:A
MATHS: B ( can get an A though)
GCSE GEOGRAPHY: A
ENGLISH: C
GCSE RE: B
--------------------------------
BTEC BUSINESS:MERIT (B)
BTEC ICT: MERIT ( can get an A)

Al- Levels ( next year)

chem
bio
geo
math

hmm not the best grades but i think i have a chance and this is just a predicted garde

What course are you interested in?
Original post by usycool1
What course are you interested in?

study medicine
medical school
study medicine
medical school

Unfortunately, you will not meet Imperial Medical School's GCSE requirements with a C in English. You need to have at least AAABB in the sciences, maths and English (in any order). See if you bump the C up.
Original post by kaiwid23
I'm in year 12 and I was looking into Medical schools a few months ago. I looked into Imperial and decided it isn't worth it. It mostly consists of incredibly high-acheiving mathematics and computing students. Unfortunately this results in decrased diversity, with 80% of students being male. As you're also getting a C in English, you won't meet the entry requirments. I advise you to visit conferences such as Medlink, which may give you a better idea of Universities which would accept you based on your other strengths. Alternatively, check http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths

Thank you
and also the C in english is just a predicted grade, i have been entered the higher english literature - so a B/A is what i think i could get

i really neededy your input, thank you again!
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you
and also the C in english is just a predicted grade, i have been entered the higher english literature - so a B/A is what i think i could get

i really neededy our input, thank you again!

Try and get an a/a* if possible to increase your chances further. Remember there are no good/bad medical schools, look into others such as Plymouth and leeds etc. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Unfortunately, you will not meet Imperial Medical School's GCSE requirements with a C in English. You need to have at least AAABB in the sciences, maths and English (in any order). See if you bump the C up.

okay thank you
so i need at least a B in English to stand a chance of securing a place.
:smile:
Original post by Lularose83
Try and get an a/a* if possible to increase your chances further. Remember there are no good/bad medical schools, look into others such as Plymouth and leeds etc. :smile:

You see i live in London so i dont think i can travel all the way to Leeds/Plymouth
but i see what you are saying - :colondollar:

oh one more thing what medical school are you planning to go?
You see i live in London so i dont think i can travel all the way to Leeds/Plymouth
but i see what you are saying - :colondollar:

oh one more thing what medical school are you planning to go?

Oh ok, if you live in London maybe kings or Barts? I'm hoping to go to leeds university, it's a bit of a long shot but we'll see! Wishing you the best of luck :smile:
Original post by Lularose83
Oh ok, if you live in London maybe kings or Barts? I'm hoping to go to leeds university, it's a bit of a long shot but we'll see! Wishing you the best of luck :smile:

and you too aswell
:u::u:
Bro why a B in rs? All you literally need to do is memorise a few facts and give your opinion. Easiest a star there is.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Bro why a B in rs? All you literally need to do is memorise a few facts and give your opinion. Easiest a star there is.

i just bought the revision book so i will start revising for that because i know that its a free GCSE - so obviously why would you waste it when you can take advantage of it.

TruthTeller( catchy name bro):biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest