Thoughts on Azealia Banks?

Personally, I love her.

I just find her apparent transphobia offputting

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Something about her annoys me but I'm not sure why
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Something about her annoys me but I'm not sure why

Hmm she's got that slight snobbishness about her?
Original post by jedanselemyia
Hmm she's got that slight snobbishness about her?

Maybe, I'm really not sure. When her video 212 came on tv and I watched it I was just like ugh and have avoided her ever since :tongue:
Reply 4
I haven't listened to her, but her calling Iggy out, idk I just didn't like
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Maybe, I'm really not sure. When her video 212 came on tv and I watched it I was just like ugh and have avoided her ever since :tongue:

ah that happens
i remember being intrigued by 212
some of her older stuff is quite bad so I understand you :smile:
Personally, I love her.

I just find her apparent transphobia offputting

What do you think?

Her songs and raps are rubbish in my opinion. She always call out and start beefs with other musicians for no reason. In my opinion, she is more famous for this then for her music.
Original post by Kadak
Her songs and raps are rubbish in my opinion. She always call out and start beefs with other musicians for no reason. In my opinion, she is more famous for this then for her music.

It's true that the beefs give her an awful lot of bad publicity, which is **** because I feel she can make good music.
Although some of them were *kinda* justified.
Original post by esjae
I haven't listened to her, but her calling Iggy out, idk I just didn't like

Ah that beef...
Reply 9
Ah that beef...

Everyone has beef with Iggy including Snoop like leave her alone
Original post by esjae
Everyone has beef with Iggy including Snoop like leave her alone

If so many people have beefs with Iggy, maybe because there's a problem with Iggy?
Used to be entertaining the way she called people out for actual issues to do with music but it's boring now.
Original post by somemightsay888
Used to be entertaining the way she called people out for actual issues to do with music but it's boring now.

I actually can't remind myself of when she called out on someone because of music.
her views on black culture are 100% legit, i think
I actually can't remind myself of when she called out on someone because of music.
her views on black culture are 100% legit, i think

Her views on black culture were in direct relation to her views on music. I think what she says about Iggy is spot on, the rest of the artists she's picked fights with is because her own debut album didn't really live up the hype and it's an easy way to get a bit of cheap PR for yourself
Her views on black culture were in direct relation to her views on music. I think what she says about Iggy is spot on, the rest of the artists she's picked fights with is because her own debut album didn't really live up the hype and it's an easy way to get a bit of cheap PR for yourself

Oh yes on cultural appropriation...

Her beefs with Action Bronson and Lupe Fiasco were funny but, yes, ridiculous.

You mean Fantasea or Broke with Expensive Taste?
Reply 15
If so many people have beefs with Iggy, maybe because there's a problem with Iggy?

Maybe, I have never seen a problem with her, but maybe Azealia does
Original post by esjae
Maybe, I have never seen a problem with her, but maybe Azealia does

It's because Iggy has white privilege and it naturally pisses Azealia off.
Reply 17
It's because Iggy has white privilege and it naturally pisses Azealia off.

Very true
Oh yes on cultural appropriation...

Her beefs with Action Bronson and Lupe Fiasco were funny but, yes, ridiculous.

You mean Fantasea or Broke with Expensive Taste?

The latter. She was making such a scene and having little fights with everyone about disrespecting black culture, the album came out and it was good but not the "I'm gonna take back black music" album she hyped.
The latter. She was making such a scene and having little fights with everyone about disrespecting black culture, the album came out and it was good but not the "I'm gonna take back black music" album she hyped.

When it comes to black issues, there seems to be 2 kind of people: those who can manage to stay calm and poised and those who get really angry and emotional. She seems to belong in the latter.
Definitely wasn't lol, even though I love the album for what it is.

Quick Reply

Latest