The Student Room Group

Freaking out! Please help :(

Hey everybody
Okay so, I have my economics and business studies AS exams this May which means i have 3 more months to revise or whatever, but here's the problem: due to a lot of health issues and stuff I had to spend almost all of last year in a hospital. So, basically, I have zero preparation for either of the subjects. I know absolutely nothing. I looked through the past papers and my mind went blank.

On top of that the political situation in this country isn't the best right now so I can't even go to class now.

So, is it way too late to start preparing from the start? Do you have any tips on cramming? Any advice would be immensely helpful.

I feel like I'm doomed
First of all, calm down, all is not lost yet! 3 months can be plenty of time, if you structure your time wisely. The best thing to would be to organise your notes into sections, and then plan how long you will spent revising for those topics.

There are plenty of resources you can use, such as youtube videos, and essays, and revision notes online.

After you have completed a section, do some past paper questions on it (as that is the best practice for A levels). My best cramming tip is to don't leave things until the last minute. Start today if you can.

Good luck and hope you're feeling better! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by UnknownAnon
First of all, calm down, all is not lost yet! 3 months can be plenty of time, if you structure your time wisely. The best thing to would be to organise your notes into sections, and then plan how long you will spent revising for those topics.

There are plenty of resources you can use, such as youtube videos, and essays, and revision notes online.

After you have completed a section, do some past paper questions on it (as that is the best practice for A levels). My best cramming tip is to don't leave things until the last minute. Start today if you can.

Good luck and hope you're feeling better! :smile:

Thank you so much for that! I think what I needed the most was someone to come and tell me to calm down. And yeah I'll start first thing in the morning. Thanks again! :smile:
is the subject combined
Original post by catdog2
Hey everybody
Okay so, I have my economics and business studies AS exams this May which means i have 3 more months to revise or whatever, but here's the problem: due to a lot of health issues and stuff I had to spend almost all of last year in a hospital. So, basically, I have zero preparation for either of the subjects. I know absolutely nothing. I looked through the past papers and my mind went blank.

On top of that the political situation in this country isn't the best right now so I can't even go to class now.

So, is it way too late to start preparing from the start? Do you have any tips on cramming? Any advice would be immensely helpful.

I feel like I'm doomed

Hi there, I would strongly advise you to stop stressing first as this will do you no good. You still have a good opportunity to revise effectively over the next few months!! Make sure you start writing notes as soon as possible, preferably for the harder topics first. Good luck with it all :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by blueangel328
Hi there, I would strongly advise you to stop stressing first as this will do you no good. You still have a good opportunity to revise effectively over the next few months!! Make sure you start writing notes as soon as possible, preferably for the harder topics first. Good luck with it all :smile:

Thank you! And yeah I guess I should calm down. It's just that all my friends always get A*s and what not and I realized that that's way out of my reach at this moment and got disheartened I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest