The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hello guys!!

This thread is a brilliant idea and I could do with some help at achieving my goals. I am currently in year 12

Goals :
A in AS maths -
A in AS chemistry - finished my ISA about 2 weeks ago. getting result in few weeks.
B in AS physics - finished my ISA about 2 weeks ago. getting result in few weeks. Going to re-take the evaluative task.
A in AS statistics 1

THANK YOU !! :smile: :biggrin:

p.s how do I PM puddles?
Reply 161
Hello everyone,

I need to get an A in Biology, Chemistry, Business and a B in Maths.
Any advice much appreciated. (I'm in year 12 btw)

I would like to enter and get help with my A Levels :smile:
Sounds like a good plan for motivation.
I'm a prospective medic, and I didn't work as hard as I should have at AS, achieving AABB and getting a low UKCAT, I decided to take a gap year.

So this year, I'm hoping to bring my grades up to A*AA, or even A*A*A, bringing my UMS up.
A (256 UMS) - Biology - My strongest subject. If I only get one A*, I'd love it to be this.
A (244 UMS) - Chemistry - my weakest subject last year, so I put the most work into pulling the grade up. Unfortunately because of that, and my lack of motivation, maths suffered.
B (232 UMS) - Maths - definitely my weakest subject this year, I have an awful teacher and I never really liked the subject, but I was aiming for Cambridge at the beginning of last year, so I took it. Definitely why I'd stress having an interest in the subjects you take for A-Level rather than just aptitude!
B (143ish UMS) - English - dropped.

Hopefully I'll get +700 in my UKCAT too :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Sounds like a good plan .....

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOW so you've dropped out after doing AS can you do that?

But wouldn't they know, the unis?

Well done btw those As grades are fabulous... I know what you mean many students wanted to do medicine get around 3A's and B
Hi Guys!

is this compettion open to A-level students aswell?
Wow! It's amazing to see so many people wanting to join in! :banana2: :banana: :banana:

I'll send a PM to everyone on Monday when I'm back in the office :woo: In the meantime you can set up a blog in the main forum if you like :h: :woo:

Good luck everyone!

:dumbells:
Original post by Ram Charan
I would love to get:
A* in biology and chemistry and an A in physics, i messed up badly at AS and got CDD, im resitting all the exams as well. Pls Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You too. I got a CDD as well
Original post by nukhba.mir
Hi Guys!

is this compettion open to A-level students aswell?

It is open to everybody! :biggrin:
A* in Law, A in english lit and Psychology.
My AS grades were ABB!
I'm hoping to get A's in maths, chemistry, biology and further maths and a B in physics for AS. I'm on track for it. I would love to go to a top uni like Imperial :banana2:
Yay great! I'd most certainly like to join this competition, for my real exams I'm aiming for: ABC minimum (AAB in mocks) but anything above ABC (Geography, Biology, Psychology respectively) and I'd be over the moon; currently taking part in a Durham University summer school to lower a conditional offer. Hopefully I can get full UMS in AS geography, but we shall see! Good luck everyone!
I'd like to join! I'm aiming for a B in RS and an A in English (AS)! :biggrin: ~LeTs Go~
I'm in Year 12 and I also want to join. I'm aiming for:

Chemistry AS: A
Biology AS: A
Physics AS: A
Maths AS+A2: A*
Further Maths AS+A2: A*

British Biology Olympiad: GOLD
British Chemistry Olympiad: GOLD

STEP I: S
STEP II: S
STEP III: S

This is going to be fun year lol.:top: :awesome:
Hello!! I'm really hoping to get 'okay' grades in my subjects! (AS Levels) Right now, my target grades seem to be an unlit lamp at the end of the tunnel T^T (The subjects are very interesting but it's hard getting my mind around it)

If anything,

I would LOVE to have some revision advice for PSYCHOLOGY (Ahh, my weakest subject...) I find this subject the hardest to revise/study. (Aim... Method, Fiiindings... Wait, what? HOW DO I REMEMBER THIS)

Thank you for reading!! And I hope you'll help me TwT (Please)
Reply 175
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Wow! It's amazing to see so many people wanting to join in! :banana2: :banana: :banana:

I'll send a PM to everyone on Monday when I'm back in the office :woo: In the meantime you can set up a blog in the main forum if you like :h: :woo:

Good luck everyone!

:dumbells:

How do you do that ?
Original post by kira1
How do you do that ?

You can set up a blog Grow your grades, by making a new thread and naming it!

Spoiler

Thanks very much for your interest! As Puddles has said, she'll PM you on Monday and in the meantime, you can create your blog and get chatting in the discussion thread!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
It is open to everybody! :biggrin:

great! how do i enter? what details do i have to give?
You can enter by posting your goals in this thread! Puddles the Monkey will PM you on Monday about verifying your current grades, and in the meantime, you can set up your blog by making a thread in the Grow your Grades forum, and get discussing in the discussion thread!

Original post by nukhba.mir
great! how do i enter? what details do i have to give?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending