Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethblur
****tttttt looks like they are starting to give out History offers

Reallyyy hope we hear next week - can't stand the idea of waiting till March!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 401
Original post by 4everundecided
Unconditional offer for History! (I'm American, and I read that apparently this is why I got an unconditional? Some one help me I'm freaking out)

Congrats!!! :biggrin: I'm American too! You already took 3 AP exams/SAT subject tests and got good scores so that's why you got an unconditional offer. Do you think you'll go to Durham?
Original post by ak2015
Congrats!!! :biggrin: I'm American too! You already took 3 AP exams/SAT subject tests and got good scores so that's why you got an unconditional offer. Do you think you'll go to Durham?

I honestly have no idea if I'll go because my parents aren't too excited about it , but I LOVE the school and everything, so I guess we'll see... What did you apply for?
Reply 403
Offer for Law!!!!! I am so happy right now :smile:
I am firming it!
I just got an offer for English Lit!
Waiting for an offer for Biological Sciences, applied 3 months ago now... :/
Reply 406
Original post by Kateclairex
I just got an offer for English Lit!

Someone else with a lit offer! Congratulations, it's so exciting!!🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 407
I honestly have no idea if I'll go because my parents aren't too excited about it , but I LOVE the school and everything, so I guess we'll see... What did you apply for?

Hahaa my parents don't want me to go either, but I think it would be an amazing experience. I applied for math and economics. Did you apply to any other colleges in the UK?
Original post by ak2015
Hahaa my parents don't want me to go either, but I think it would be an amazing experience. I applied for math and economics. Did you apply to any other colleges in the UK?

It's not "college" it's "university" :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 409
Original post by User:26758
It's not "college" it's "university" :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm aware lol, it's just that in the US we usually say "college" instead of "university", and I was talking to a fellow American :tongue:
Original post by ak2015
Yeah I'm aware lol, it's just that in the US we usually say "college" instead of "university", and I was talking to a fellow American :tongue:

British Sarcasm, got to love it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for theology but no reply yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just recieved an offer to study Economics for A*AA (non specific A*)
Reply 413
Original post by User:26758
British Sarcasm, got to love it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm quite looking forward to witty British humo(u)r when I start uni :biggrin:
Original post by Elle97
Someone else with a lit offer! Congratulations, it's so exciting!!������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I wasn't sure what to expect tbh and part of my reasoning for applying was to see if I could do it, so I am really happy.
Original post by rennys
Offer for Law!!!!! I am so happy right now :smile:
I am firming it!

Me too! Which college did you apply to?
Original post by Blondie1996
Distinction, B, B for History

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what time of the day did you hear? I'm still waiting for History :smile:

Unconditional offer for History! (I'm American, and I read that apparently this is why I got an unconditional? Some one help me I'm freaking out)

An unconditional from Durham must be so exciting - congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by scavi2008

An unconditional from Durham must be so exciting - congratulations! :biggrin:

Yeah it is, thanks! It's kinda weird because no one really knows what it means in the US, but I'm really excited :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ak2015

Sounds like my parents and yours think alike... I only applied to Durham, but I also applied for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History
Reply 419
Sounds like my parents and yours think alike... I only applied to Durham, but I also applied for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History

I'm trying to convince my parents now so I'll slowly warm them up to the idea! I applied regular decision in the US so I have to wait a few months to decide where I'll go. I hope you have a fun senior year! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest