The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys!

With most of us finishing exams we know that exam season will be soon upon us, so I just wanted to mention this new project/competition that TSR is doing.

It's called Grow your Grades and basically it includes you setting out some targets and then writing a blog to show how you're getting on.

I know that for myself in particular I haven't been as motivated or productive as I was last year, so I'm participating in this competition to try and spur me on to do more and therefore achieve more!

If you want to also join in then just have a look at it here :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3096197
I went up to campus to pick up some books that I thought might help to read for my new module. While I was there I get informed that there are two course readers for my modules available for collection. I only went to get some advantageous reading done, now I have lots of compulsory reading :unimpressed:
snailsareslimy
x

I hope your date goes well today, remember that not all guys are the same, you're amazing and you deserve someone equally as amazing :hugs: :suith:

--

We had a lecture today on deadlines and research projects.

I'm so behind it hurts

And it finally pushed my into asking for mitigation due to my granddads death and the time that I had to take off because of it.

And I've got an interview with imperial for a phd of which I am so ****ing underqualified and underprepared I just want to run away and hide

And I haven't slept properly for ages

I just feel like I'm going to burst into tears the whole time :erm:
snailsareslimy
x

Hope date goes well :h: You still coming to London? :h:

Original post by Serentonin
I hope your date goes well today, remember that not all guys are the same, you're amazing and you deserve someone equally as amazing :hugs: :suith:

--

I'm so behind it hurts

And it finally pushed my into asking for mitigation due to my granddads death and the time that I had to take off because of it.

And I've got an interview with imperial for a phd of which I am so ****ing underqualified and underprepared I just want to run away and hide

Big big hugs all around :hugs: If you were underqualified, Imperial wouldn't have bothered with you :hugs:
Original post by LeaX
Does anyone know if we're supposed to explain our decisions in Psychology lab reports and, if so, which section? In the design section I say that I'm doing a independent groups design and participants were assigned to groups randomly but do I need to actually say that this was to minimise individual differences or is that implied?

Yeah I'd say why and put it in the design section (I should be correct about this as I got a 1st in my lab report and wasn't told to remove it).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dusky Mauve
I don't do psychology, but in my opinion, if you've got the words to put it in, there's no harm in being over careful :smile:

Original post by Psyc_Girl
Yeah I'd say why and put it in the design section (I should be correct about this as I got a 1st in my lab report and wasn't told to remove it).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: ahh well done, I can never manage to get beyond 62ish it seems, don't even know where I'm going wrong haha
struggling with dissertation... just going to spew some words out and get it done. enjoying the ideas and stuff, just struggling with getting them onto paper!
Original post by Slowbro93
Hope date goes well :h: You still coming to London? :h:

--

I'm so behind it hurts

Thank you both :suith:. It went surprisingly well, actually :lolwut:. I'm just gonna take it really slowly and see what happens, kinda scared but it could be okay :lol:.

@ Serentonin:

:hugs:, you'll get everything sorted, don't worry! This is why I'm so annoyed about mitigating circumstances. You actually have a totally valid reason for needing them, and even then you still didn't wanna just jump and ask for it. Yet there's people I see on my course (you know that one girl...) who just asked for it because she had a cold and wasn't gonna get her essay in on time. Gave her an extension for 2 days, and she still missed it. And then the other essay she had in due next week, on the Monday, she didn't hand in til Friday morning... a whole three days late. Joke like. Nothing wrong with her either, she actually got fired from her job (same place I work) for being that **** a week before her first deadline, no excuse at all. Gah.

Honestly, you're so much more intelligent than you give yourself credit for! As Slowbro said, Imperial is not gonna waste time on someone they can't see potential in. You'll walk it.

Try and get some sleep, that's probably a big factor into why you're so tearful (I know when I don't sleep I cry over anything!)
If you ever wanna let off steam or anything, you know my PM is always there :hugs:

EDIT: Totally forgot to reply to your question, Slowbro :lol:. I'm not :frown: friend couldn't book the time off work and I had to go back, I've spent so much money recently :frown: but I might come over for my 21st which is in March? I just needa say to friends and see if they can afford it/start putting money aside :awesome:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by snailsareslimy
In bed feeling really ****ty. Gonna look like a mess tomorrow. Meh.

Hey, i hope you feel a bit better by now! Don't let anyone or anything get you down! (: I know it's easy to say and sounds cliché, but.. yeah, put yourself first. Your own happiness is the most important.

Uni is going a lot better now, too. I'm having more fun because I like my modules more.. Molecular Biology & Recombinant DNA Technologies and Clinical Bacteriology. It's really interesting so far. So I'm a bit more motivated to intermittently study for those subjects, hurray! Got a hospital appointment next week to check something out... but that should also not be something to worry about (but if the GP uses the word "concerning", you can't help but worry a bit). I wish I had a half-day at uni once a week on Wednesdays, just so I can feel a bit less exhausted on Thursdays and Fridays... 9-5 every day (and then not going home immediately) is taking its toll on me.

--

I'm so behind it hurts

Ooooh, good luck! Hope the interview goes well :hugs:
x

You're following the girlfirend cheating story I see :lol: So am I :tongue:
You're following the girlfirend cheating story I see :lol: So am I :tongue:

I really wanna know what happens! :lol: Feel bad for the guy though, one of the worst things that can happen to you :erm:
I really wanna know what happens! :lol: Feel bad for the guy though, one of the worst things that can happen to you :erm:

So do I :rofl: We're so terrible! But yes, horrible thing :erm:

And also the relationships forum seems to be on full form tonight :erm: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3103799
Original post by BeyondandAbove
Hey, i hope you feel a bit better by now! Don't let anyone or anything get you down! (: I know it's easy to say and sounds cliché, but.. yeah, put yourself first. Your own happiness is the most important.

Uni is going a lot better now, too. I'm having more fun because I like my modules more.. Molecular Biology & Recombinant DNA Technologies and Clinical Bacteriology. It's really interesting so far. So I'm a bit more motivated to intermittently study for those subjects, hurray! Got a hospital appointment next week to check something out... but that should also not be something to worry about (but if the GP uses the word "concerning", you can't help but worry a bit). I wish I had a half-day at uni once a week on Wednesdays, just so I can feel a bit less exhausted on Thursdays and Fridays... 9-5 every day (and then not going home immediately) is taking its toll on me.

Thank you :hugs:. Honestly, you guys on here are absolutely unreal! :awesome:

Bruises are bad craic, I remember the ones I got from rugby :cry:. Yay that uni is going well, it's always awesome when the modules are stuff you're really into :smile: Hopefully everything is all good re. doctors, wishing you all the best :suith:.
So do I :rofl: We're so terrible! But yes, horrible thing :erm:

And also the relationships forum seems to be on full form tonight :erm: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3103799

I read that. Literal wtf moment. Seriously... The reason why he did it is ****ing ridiculous too, I can't even. Like no. GAH. I swear half of humanity are going to the dogs, the amount of ****ed up things I've heard/read/seen recently is actually horrific. So many sexual assaults/physical assaults/verbal assaults, people taking stuff like cocaine and crystal meth fairly near me, people not supporting their kids... Why are people so vile :frown:

PS: you. Update me on Mr Google/other peeeeeps. I wanna know da goss bro
I read that. Literal wtf moment. Seriously... The reason why he did it is ****ing ridiculous too, I can't even. Like no. GAH. I swear half of humanity are going to the dogs, the amount of ****ed up things I've heard/read/seen recently is actually horrific. So many sexual assaults/physical assaults/verbal assaults, people taking stuff like cocaine and crystal meth fairly near me, people not supporting their kids... Why are people so vile :frown:

PS: you. Update me on Mr Google/other peeeeeps. I wanna know da goss bro

Indeed, it's how he's saying how his flatmate is on his side. I would be too if I was there, I don't want to get killed! :lolwut:

Well for me, I sadly have no gossip :frown: I'm part of a musical theatre cast where there are some really good looking people but I'm too scared to do anything about it :erm: What do I do?!

Also, decided to ignore Google guy in the end. I was kinda hurt how he essentially cut me off before our date so I'm not going to bother anymore :moon: Have I done the right thing?
Indeed, it's how he's saying how his flatmate is on his side. I would be too if I was there, I don't want to get killed! :lolwut:

Well for me, I sadly have no gossip :frown: I'm part of a musical theatre cast where there are some really good looking people but I'm too scared to do anything about it :erm: What do I do?!

Also, decided to ignore Google guy in the end. I was kinda hurt how he essentially cut me off before our date so I'm not going to bother anymore :moon: Have I done the right thing?

Yeah, you can't reason with someone that cray... :lolwut:

OOOH that sounds fun! You all go out drinking and you see who's maybe into you, see if you're into them, then make a move. And if it all goes tits up, you blame the alcohol :teehee:.

I think that's the right decision tbh, he sounded like a bit of a knob as soon as he started ignoring you. Like, you're no one's backup and he didn't just deserve a second chance. You can do a lot better than him, anyway! I have high expectations for your next pull :wink:
Yeah, you can't reason with someone that cray... :lolwut:

OOOH that sounds fun! You all go out drinking and you see who's maybe into you, see if you're into them, then make a move. And if it all goes tits up, you blame the alcohol :teehee:.

I think that's the right decision tbh, he sounded like a bit of a knob as soon as he started ignoring you. Like, you're no one's backup and he didn't just deserve a second chance. You can do a lot better than him, anyway! I have high expectations for your next pull :wink:

Basically she's thinking:

(Not taking the piss out of the situation, I'm serious about the girl pressing charges)

I may take you up on that and see what happens :h: Going to the pub on Monday so will see what happens :h:

And you've hit the nail on the head :moon: Don't need that **** in my life tbh :plz2:

When you back at uni? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Basically she's thinking:

(Not taking the piss out of the situation, I'm serious about the girl pressing charges)

I may take you up on that and see what happens :h: Going to the pub on Monday so will see what happens :h:

And you've hit the nail on the head :moon: Don't need that **** in my life tbh :plz2:

When you back at uni? :smile:

He's so cray :lolwut:, she definitely should, you can't go around strangling people D:

Yay! Sounds fun :awesome:. Keep me updated, you know I love the deets :teehee:. Defs not, you need someone fabulous!

Start of February, so the 2nd I believe. I start back at work next week, too. Earning my dollaaaa for summer travels :awesome:
He's so cray :lolwut:, she definitely should, you can't go around strangling people D:

Yay! Sounds fun :awesome:. Keep me updated, you know I love the deets :teehee:. Defs not, you need someone fabulous!

Start of February, so the 2nd I believe. I start back at work next week, too. Earning my dollaaaa for summer travels :awesome:

Of course I'll keep you informed about the deets :tongue: Remember last summer our story: The Tinder Tales? :rofl:

For both of us and everyone on this thread:

:ahee:

Were are you planning to travel? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending