The Student Room Group

Adjustment

I have an unusual question, not sure if anyone would know the answer.

So universities often let people in who fall just short of their offer. For example a university could offer someone ABB, when they only got BBB, but still get a place. If I were to get for example, ABB and my firm choice is ABB, I am eligible for adjustment. Could I use this adjustment to apply for a University that asked for higher grades than I achieved, knowing they might still give me a place?

Hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I think adjustment is only for those who surpassed the grades of their offer and want to look for a different university for whatever reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheYesLad

So universities often let people in who fall just short of their offer. For example a university could offer someone ABB, when they only got BBB, but still get a place. If I were to get for example, ABB and my firm choice is ABB, I am eligible for adjustment. Could I use this adjustment to apply for a University that asked for higher grades than I achieved, knowing they might still give me a place?

The terms of adjustment require you to meet and EXCEED the terms of your firm offer, not just meet it, so no.
Reply 3
Original post by TheYesLad

No if your firm choice wants ABB and you get ABB then you'll go to that university. If you want to use adjustment then you have to get higher grades than AAB such as AAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
No if your firm choice wants ABB and you get ABB then you'll go to that university. If you want to use adjustment then you have to get higher grades than AAB such as AAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAB would also qualify for Adjustment in this case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending