The Student Room Group

Dont like kissing, he thinks im just bad at it and need practice

I dont really like kissing it does nothing for me bit ive been doing it with my boyfriend because he says its really nice. The thing is i dont mind just lip kisses but he likes to use his tongue and it doesnt do anything for me, just annoys me lol so i try to avoid it and just use my lips. He thinks he is trying to teach me though, last time he said 'nope, yoh arnt getting the hang of it are you' i said im just using my lips thats why. Ive said that i prefere just lips but i dont want to drive him away by telling him i dont like kissing. He gets cold sores too and i dont want to catch them but i dont wang to upset him by telling him.

Whats the best thing to do : /
Reply 1
Relationship is doomed, as you're sexually incompatible.
Original post by Anonymous
I dont really like kissing it does nothing for me bit ive been doing it with my boyfriend because he says its really nice. The thing is i dont mind just lip kisses but he likes to use his tongue and it doesnt do anything for me, just annoys me lol so i try to avoid it and just use my lips. He thinks he is trying to teach me though, last time he said 'nope, yoh arnt getting the hang of it are you' i said im just using my lips thats why. Ive said that i prefere just lips but i dont want to drive him away by telling him i dont like kissing. He gets cold sores too and i dont want to catch them but i dont wang to upset him by telling him.

This was the same for my ex omg -_-
Reply 3
Original post by Yawn11
Relationship is doomed, as you're sexually incompatible.

That word is used more and more these days lol. Yea maybe so, im probably sexually incompatable with anyone though not just him. Depends how important kissing is to him i suppose.
Reply 4
This was the same for my ex omg -_-

Is that why shes your ex lol, or was this meant to be obvious.

Me and my ex didn't really use tounge he didn't like it tbh,so we used lips, didn't put a dent in things, we did other stuff to make up for it lul

I accepted the fact he didn't want to use tounge, so your bf should accept it aswell, shouldn't really ruin things....

Kiss anyone with a cold sore you'll have the virus for life & pass it on to whoever you kiss so yeah :smile: coldsores aren't anything big anyway so I wouldn't worry about that most people get them anyway

:smile:
Is that why shes your ex lol, or was this meant to be obvious.

I made another post read it forget to extend sorry up too late -_-

Nah *he isn't my ex for that reason though :smile:
I find kissing is overrated. It doesn't feel particularly great to me I just do it as a way of showing affection to my boyfriend so enjoy it through that.
I remember after my first one I was just like "was that all what the fuss was about!!??"

Just explain to him that you don't like it. Not wanting to stick your tongue in someone's mouth is far from the worst thing in the world. If he really likes you it won't matter to him.
It's very different from something like "I don't like sex" :lol: so shouldn't end the relationship.
If he does then he ain't worth your time hun :smile:

Quick Reply