The Student Room Group

PUAs: Don't get any replies on POF, help!

Even though I send messages to girls, I never seem to get many responses back. I think it's down to one of two things:

- My message
- My bio on my profile.

I was wandering if anyone with any experience/success on it could help me out. This is my opening line:

"Hey I'm X, I'm psychic. You are blah, like blah, blah and blah... cool huh?"

The "blah's" come from things on her profile. What is wrong with that!? It's funny and shows that I've read what she's put but put it back to her in a different way then what she probably gets all the time.

This is my bio:

"Ok.. the truth is, I can't do it any more, I cant just go around messing around. Quite frankly I'm 23 and it's boring. I've been unfairly branded a b*stard, mainly by myself and possibly a bit of a ladies man, mainly... er ... by myself too.

But now I'd really just like a nice girlfriend, who likes dancing like a mong in front of me, watching DVDs on a couch, playing with my hair, giving me a stupid name and also repeatedly drags me into the bedroom till I get annoyed by it.

If you are in fact any of those things, you are allowed to get in touch with me, not touch me, get in touch with me
."

It's funny, shows I'm laid back and can take a joke and like to have fun.

Where am I going wrong guys?

Would love any help. Thanks
Reply 2
To send a message to pliants you MUST meet the following criteria:
Female
Age between 22 and 32.
Live in United States

There's a lot that's messed up here...
You're boring!
Reply 4
You sound like a prat...
Ladies man? Narcissistic much?

Urgh
I've met thirteen women from a mix of POF and OkCupid. My reply rate is about 60%.

Unless you're incredibly witty restrict the profile information to just a few of your interests. Don't say 'no fatties/single Mums' or such like. Less information = Less likelihood of offputingness.

The message doesn't really matter unless it's insane or offensive sounding. If they find your pictures attractive they'll reply.

If you're the Asian guy in the profile that someone posted (I'm pretty asleep like) then try to deAsian yourself a bit, put some flattering pics up, get buff and go for women your own age man ffs.
Also, this makes you come across like a douche. This is one of your criteria:

Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.

Yet you say about yourself:
Not Single and Not Looking
pliants isn't seeking a relationship or any kind of commitment

About me
i’d really just like a nice girlfriend

Your bio is riddled with contradictions. Do you want a relationship or not? Make that clear. If you don't, then take that BS out and uncheck the Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex box

You come across like you don't know what you want with a bad attitude.
Original post by claret_n_blue
Even though I send messages to girls, I never seem to get many responses back. I think it's down to one of two things:

- My message
- My bio on my profile.

I was wandering if anyone with any experience/success on it could help me out. This is my opening line:

"Hey I'm X, I'm psychic. You are blah, like blah, blah and blah... cool huh?"

The "blah's" come from things on her profile. What is wrong with that!? It's funny and shows that I've read what she's put but put it back to her in a different way then what she probably gets all the time.

This is my bio:

"Ok.. the truth is, I can't do it any more, I cant just go around messing around. Quite frankly I'm 23 and it's boring. I've been unfairly branded a b*stard, mainly by myself and possibly a bit of a ladies man, mainly... er ... by myself too.

But now I'd really just like a nice girlfriend, who likes dancing like a mong in front of me, watching DVDs on a couch, playing with my hair, giving me a stupid name and also repeatedly drags me into the bedroom till I get annoyed by it.

If you are in fact any of those things, you are allowed to get in touch with me, not touch me, get in touch with me
."

It's funny, shows I'm laid back and can take a joke and like to have fun.

Where am I going wrong guys?

Would love any help. Thanks

Are you 31, 28 or 23? I just can't work it out.

This opening paragraph needs a complete rewrite as it would just put the reader off before they get to any of the (not terrible) parts of profile body.
Profession: Online-dating Coach/ professional Sexologist

Original post by geoking
To send a message to pliants you MUST meet the following criteria:
Female
Age between 22 and 32.
Live in United States

There's a lot that's messed up here...

Original post by Eveiebaby
Also, this makes you come across like a douche. This is one of your criteria:

Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.

Yet you say about yourself:
Not Single and Not Looking
pliants isn't seeking a relationship or any kind of commitment

About me
i’d really just like a nice girlfriend

Your bio is riddled with contradictions. Do you want a relationship or not? Make that clear. If you don't, then take that BS out and uncheck the Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex box

You come across like you don't know what you want with a bad attitude.

Original post by Mad Vlad
Are you 31, 28 or 23? I just can't work it out.

This opening paragraph needs a complete rewrite as it would just put the reader off before they get to any of the (not terrible) parts of profile body.

Who the f**k is this pilants guy!?

That's not me!

I'm clearly not 31 or 28 because my profile on here shows I'm 23!

Obviously this weirdo has copied my bio...

That's not me!

Yea. Obviously. *cough*

Think you need to decide who you are before making a profile!
Reply 12
ALWAYS attack a girl. Nothing major. Don't call her a fat whore. Just attack her though.

No point saying "You're fit" when they get that 500 times a day.
Reply 13
Yeah the psychic part will put most people off...

That's not me!

Sounds legit.
I mean why would "pliants" not copy OP's profile considering OP's success rate?
Reply 16
You my good sir are what I would call hopeless.

Just be honest and stop describing yourself as a ladies man!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending