The Student Room Group

best jobs in the world

what are the best jobs that anyone could have, be slightly more creative than footballer or sportman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

A music producer. Literally all you do is produce some music using logic/reason/fruity loops and you're getting millions from that.
Mathematician
The childhood dream... Toy Tester

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Probably as above, music producer, or being in a successful band. Being paid to travel the world would be great.
Investment Banking crew checking in.
Sports Journalist.
F1 Driver.
Original post by Abdul-Karim

Lol na forget that too much stress for that money. Working like a slave for a 40-50k salary where you're earning 1/50th of what your boss is earning.
Reply 8
Original post by jam277
Lol na forget that too much stress for that money. Working like a slave for a 40-50k salary where you're earning 1/50th of what your boss is earning.

You are having me worried haha
I thought that was only the first years?
Original post by Stark95
You are having me worried haha
I thought that was only the first years?

Yeah but then when you go up it turns into whether you know somebody.

Don't get me wrong it's very rewarding, but can the best job in the world be when you're working 70 hours a week minimum and regularly doing all nighter shifts?
A pilot. Both Air Force & Astronaut as well as Civilian. Best view + awesome job + great pay. Adventurous too. There's not just the only "best job" many jobs are cool.. you just have to like it :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Footballer.
travel journalist
Reply 13
Original post by jam277
Yeah but then when you go up it turns into whether you know somebody.

Don't get me wrong it's very rewarding, but can the best job in the world be when you're working 70 hours a week minimum and regularly doing all nighter shifts?

You got a point here lol
A film director.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by morgan8002
Mathematician

Please expand on how this is the best job?

Original post by Abdul-Karim

Laughable to refer to IB as "best job in the world". The only real upside is the money, which is surpassed by several other jobs already named on here.

Original post by EnolaGay
A pilot. Both Air Force & Astronaut as well as Civilian. Best view + awesome job + great pay. Adventurous too. There's not just the only "best job" many jobs are cool.. you just have to like it :cool:

Is this based on experience or your imagination? I imagine being a pilot (particularly civilian) in reality is boring, repetitive and heavily automated.
Original post by M1011
Please expand on how this is the best job?

You get paid to do maths all day. Enough said.
An entrepreneur of a company that grows into a major multinational.

And the philanthropy that stems from the wealth created.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M1011

Is this based on experience or your imagination? I imagine being a pilot (particularly civilian) in reality is boring, repetitive and heavily automated.

Now that's your imagination! :smile:
Naive. What draws you to the conclusion that its "boring", "repetitive" and "automated"?
If that's the case then I know of many jobs that are boring, repetitive. As for automation, its not really the way you think it is. Had automation taken to the limits, we wouldn't be needing pilots anymore. The same with other fields, take surgery in the case of medicine, or a car manufacturing plant. Automation is taking toll everywhere which simply doesn't mean human skill and input are needed behind the wheel of a computer eh?
(edited 9 years ago)
Cake taster :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending