The Student Room Group

Keep away from drugs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by alexs2602
Your ignorance and lack of ability to consider evidence objectively leaves me little incentive to even bother trying to address your "arguments". You seem like a troll.

Do you not like these reports ?

Here is another one...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/teen-girl-became-an-ice-addict-after-she-was-encouraged-to-smoke-the-drug-by-her-mother-court-told/story-fni0cx12-1227172057850?nk=7e663729ad1c292f9d388a36eb35f7c4
Aspirin kills more people a year than MDMA, where is your thread about that?
Reply 42
Original post by Balloon Baboon
You actually believe the queen will give Royal Assent?

:biggrin:

Royal assent has not been refused in over 300 years, it has long been a constitutional principle that the monarch should not excercise their reserve powers except in dire emergency. To refuse assent simply on the grounds of not agreeing with a law would set a very dangerous precedent and could seriously throw the monarchy's future into question.

So yes, she would.
(edited 9 years ago)

I'm just bored with your empty rhetoric. I can shoot down every single one of your posts with very little difficulty but its a waste of my time and I'm not going to humour not very well thought out posts, especially ones consisting of what must be the results of a google search for drug deaths and picking out all the news articles you can find rather than looking for scientific sources which aren't media sources with a scaremongering agenda. I can read the headline in the link and guess what the story will be very easily. Not all drugs are very safe, but I don't think anyone's denying that.

So until you can write a comment with a rational, backed up argument I'm not going to make an effort to reply to you.
Reply 45
I'm just bored with your empty rhetoric. I can shoot down every single one of your posts with very little difficulty but its a waste of my time and I'm not going to humour not very well thought out posts, especially ones consisting of what must be the results of a google search for drug deaths and picking out all the news articles you can find rather than looking for scientific sources which aren't media sources with a scaremongering agenda. I can read the headline in the link and guess what the story will be very easily. Not all drugs are very safe, but I don't think anyone's denying that.

So until you can write a comment with a rational, backed up argument I'm not going to make an effort to reply to you.

If just one TSR member decides to "SAY NO" then all the abuse i have received will be worth it.

This poor child was only 15...

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/30/local/la-me-rave-death-20100630
Reply 46
Original post by the bear
If just one TSR member decides to "SAY NO" then all the abuse i have received will be worth it.

This poor child was only 15...

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/30/local/la-me-rave-death-20100630

It's a shame that with proper precautions there's stacks of evidence against your weak arguments. It's sadly hilarious how much people stand by the bull**** the government and media spouts. I bet you don't even know where or why the war on drugs started. If you did you'd be a lot more sceptical of what you heard.
Reply 48
It's a shame that with proper precautions there's stacks of evidence against your weak arguments. It's sadly hilarious how much people stand by the bull**** the government and media spouts. I bet you don't even know where or why the war on drugs started. If you did you'd be a lot more sceptical of what you heard.

i am just an ordinary guy... i don't buy into complicated conspiracy theories. meanwhile children are dying from drugs.

another promising life snuffed out:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/travis-barber-inquest-teenager-died-2062790
i am just an ordinary guy... i don't buy into complicated conspiracy theories. meanwhile children are dying from drugs.

another promising life snuffed out:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/travis-barber-inquest-teenager-died-2062790

The war on drugs kills more people than it saves. Promoting ignorance and prohibition is promoting death. I'm following a similar approach to you but mine's closer to the truth.

Thebear wants more people to die.
Reply 50
The war on drugs kills more people than it saves. Promoting ignorance and prohibition is promoting death. I'm following a similar approach to you but mine's closer to the truth.

Thebear wants more people to die.

here is another:

http://news.sky.com/story/1311584/drug-dealer-jailed-after-schoolboys-death
Original post by Greenlaner
Royal assent has not been refused in over 300 years, it has long been a constitutional principle that the monarch should not excercise their reserve powers except in dire emergency. To refuse assent simply on the grounds of not agreeing with a law would set a very dangerous precedent and could seriously throw the monarchy's future into question.

So yes, she would.

This is hilarious.

Now you're just rubbing your avoidable deaths in people's faces. Do you have no shame? Do you not care these people have died when it could have been avoided by not spreading lies and misinformation about drugs?
Reply 53
Now you're just rubbing your avoidable deaths in people's faces. Do you have no shame? Do you not care these people have died when it could have been avoided by not spreading lies and misinformation about drugs?

you seem to be worried.

here is another tragic young life destroyed by drugs:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/drug-death-tragedy-of-leeds-college-student-19-1-5590637

when will people realize that drugs are a curse ?
nah...stay away from capitalism, marketing filth etc....
yes, yes it does.

That poster presented you with a reasoned argument and asked honestly to engage in intelligent discussion, and this is your response? I'm hesitant to use the word 'brainwashed' because I know it would make me angry if someone said it to me, but I'm struggling to think of any other way of describing your thinking here. Come on bear, we'd all love you to start actually talking with us rather than spamming links to news articles, which I've no doubt you'll do in response to my post.
Reply 56
Original post by Dr Pesto
That poster presented you with a reasoned argument and asked honestly to engage in intelligent discussion, and this is your response? I'm hesitant to use the word 'brainwashed' because I know it would make me angry if someone said it to me, but I'm struggling to think of any other way of describing your thinking here. Come on bear, we'd all love you to start actually talking with us rather than spamming links to news articles, which I've no doubt you'll do in response to my post.

I am not spamming anything. I am trying to raise the consciousness of the vulnerable youngsters here who so easily fall prey to the reasonable sounding pushers of drugs...

Drugs are not cool or sophisticated. They are the gateway to hell for young people and their families.
Original post by Balloon Baboon

This is hilarious.

Why? It's the truth.
I am not spamming anything. I am trying to raise the consciousness of the vulnerable youngsters here who so easily fall prey to the reasonable sounding pushers of drugs...

Drugs are not cool or sophisticated. They are the gateway to hell for young people and their families.

I accept that your intentions are noble. Many people on this thread have expressed the view that education and regulation of drugs would lead to fewer deaths than propaganda and ignorance. What would you say in response to any of the points made by Drunk Punx on the first page, for example?
Original post by DaveSmith99
I don't think that parents should be particularly encouraging drug use, but MDMA is actually a relatively safe chemical. Proper education on drugs (not schools trying to scare kids away from doing drugs by providing misleading propoganda) and a regulated supply would have saved this girls life.

THIS. Too many people are just told not to take drugs. Whether people like it or not humans will always experiment with substances. Instead of wasting money on the 'war on drugs' it would be better just to focus on harm prevention. Thanks to governments banning precursors to different drugs we get the creation of dangerous substitutes that 'mimic' the effects of drugs such as PMMA; ending in more deaths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending