The Student Room Group

Grades for Law

At GCSE, how many A* would you say is looked upon fondly by univeristies (i.e above the cutting off point), and seen as very good for Law for the top univeristies like Durham and Nottingham? What would most candidates that had been accepted get? 6? 7? I know it varies and that A level is more important by the way!
Look at the university websites. It's not that difficult.
Original post by crozibear96
Look at the university websites. It's not that difficult.

I doubt 5 A's at GCSE could get you into a top univeristy for law... But thanks for the information it's reallt helped me out...
Original post by oli19919
At GCSE, how many A* would you say is looked upon fondly by univeristies (i.e above the cutting off point), and seen as very good for Law for the top univeristies like Durham and Nottingham? What would most candidates that had been accepted get? 6? 7? I know it varies and that A level is more important by the way!

I think the best thing is to look at the university websites.

For top law schools, you really want to achieve as many A/A*'s as you can at GCSE and do the same at A-level. I think Durham's law school requires A*AA at A-level. Unless otherwise stated on university websites, GCSE's are not the decider for the majority of universities, but that's not to say they're not important - they are! Some people get into law school and medical school without any A*'s at GCSE.

Be sure to get some work experience to make sure that law is definitely something you want to get involved in.
Original post by TheStudent18
I think the best thing is to look at the university websites.

For top law schools, you really want to achieve as many A/A*'s as you can at GCSE and do the same at A-level. I think Durham's law school requires A*AA at A-level. Unless otherwise stated on university websites, GCSE's are not the decider for the majority of universities, but that's not to say they're not important - they are! Some people get into law school and medical school without any A*'s at GCSE.

Be sure to get some work experience to make sure that law is definitely something you want to get involved in.

Ok thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919

You're welcome. If you want any more help, just PM me and I'll try and help you out! :smile:
Original post by TheStudent18
You're welcome. If you want any more help, just PM me and I'll try and help you out! :smile:

Please can you look at the recent posts (from today) from me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending