The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Help me and give me some info please~

Hello I am Dominika. I really want study at the Aberystwyth University but I chose psychology and I want to know if there is a well-developed course, because it is quite generally presented and there isn't a lot of specialization like at the university of South Wales. I heard that this is one of the newest course on Aber? so maybe why. I just want to study the Psychology with Counselling and I don't know if it's include in that course cuz at South of Wales is noticeable. I am more for Aber but if I can't do it what I want then I don't have a choice. Also, there is any language course<English> at university? if I want to improve? It's hard to keep with two courses at the same time?? How is atmosphere there?:confused:
Original post by Hironechan
Hello I am Dominika. I really want study at the Aberystwyth University but I chose psychology and I want to know if there is a well-developed course, because it is quite generally presented and there isn't a lot of specialization like at the university of South Wales. I heard that this is one of the newest course on Aber? so maybe why. I just want to study the Psychology with Counselling and I don't know if it's include in that course cuz at South of Wales is noticeable. I am more for Aber but if I can't do it what I want then I don't have a choice. Also, there is any language course<English> at university? if I want to improve? It's hard to keep with two courses at the same time?? How is atmosphere there?:confused:

Hey Dominika :smile: I don't know if you had your question answered by someone at Aberystwyth University but if you haven't here's mine. Hope the answer is ok! I am currently studying at the university and am in my first year.

Ultimately whether you choose to study at Aberystwyth University or at South Wales University is up to you as you have to find one that feels right to you. Included the course link for you to have a look at if you want :smile:
http://courses.aber.ac.uk/undergraduate/psychology-degree/

On the surface it doesn't look like they offer anything with counselling for the psychology degree however you could do a Counselling Skills short course with Aberystwyth in the Lifelong Learning School as well as your degree. You would have to make sure that this fits in with your free time however! If you want to improve your English they offer free english courses every year so you can have the opportunity to improve your english yay :smile:
However from what I have heard you might be tested on your english before you come to study at Aberystwyth.

The atmosphere here is great. Everyone is very friendly and there is a growing number of international students coming every year. There is a high chance every day that even when you go into town on a night out or just to do some shopping you will see somebody you know :smile: The Student Union and the societies organise lots of events to make sure you have enough to do!
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by dramastudent13
Hey Dominika :smile: I don't know if you had your question answered by someone at Aberystwyth University but if you haven't here's mine. Hope the answer is ok! I am currently studying at the university and am in my first year.

Ultimately whether you choose to study at Aberystwyth University or at South Wales University is up to you as you have to find one that feels right to you. Included the course link for you to have a look at if you want :smile:
http://courses.aber.ac.uk/undergraduate/psychology-degree/

On the surface it doesn't look like they offer anything with counselling for the psychology degree however you could do a Counselling Skills short course with Aberystwyth in the Lifelong Learning School as well as your degree. You would have to make sure that this fits in with your free time however! If you want to improve your English they offer free english courses every year so you can have the opportunity to improve your english yay :smile:
However from what I have heard you might be tested on your english before you come to study at Aberystwyth.

The atmosphere here is great. Everyone is very friendly and there is a growing number of international students coming every year. There is a high chance every day that even when you go into town on a night out or just to do some shopping you will see somebody you know :smile: The Student Union and the societies organise lots of events to make sure you have enough to do!

No I will be not tested. I am going to Aber and I chose Psychology course, how is it there? that course, You know someone? Thank You~

Quick Reply

Latest