The Student Room Group

Keep away from drugs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
If just one TSR member decides to "SAY NO" then all the abuse i have received will be worth it.

This poor child was only 15...

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/30/local/la-me-rave-death-20100630

Again this death is a result of a terrible drugs policy. Like all things, in moderation drugs are fairly harmless. Have you noticed how we're not told how much to take of a drug? It would be better for the government to publish dosing amounts in order to stop overdoses.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Dr Pesto
I accept that your intentions are noble. Many people on this thread have expressed the view that education and regulation of drugs would lead to fewer deaths than propaganda and ignorance. What would you say in response to any of the points made by Drunk Punx on the first page, for example?

All i can hope for is that when some TSR user meets a drug pusher who seems friendly and cool, with a groovy hairstyle and a nice line in chat they can remember the sadness of the deaths i reported and say NO.
Reply 62
Original post by Lucien2397
Again this death is a result of a terrible drugs policy. Like all things, in moderation drugs are fairly harmless. Have you noticed how we're not told how much to take of a drug? It would be better for the government to publish dosing amounts in order to stop overdoses.

it may be unfashionable and "uncool" but i prefer to say that these horrible deaths are the result of evil.
it may be unfashionable and "uncool" but i prefer to say that these horrible deaths are the result of evil.

So why is it 'evil'. What makes a chemical evil? I personally do not take any recreational drugs including alcohol, nor do I judge those who do.
If the majority of drugs were decriminalised and regulated by official bodies, then such deaths wouldn't be such a common occurrence.

MDMA is actually a relatively harmless drug in contrast to the likes of cocaine, lsd etc. The only ''bad'' effects it has are temporary depression and strong desire to drink liquids. If people actually got educated on the matter instead of having the message "DRUGZ BAD DONT DO!!!111!" thrown at them then they might be better prepared lol.

No I have never taken any recreational (legal + illegal) drugs before that argument gets chucked at me.
Reply 65
So why is it 'evil'. What makes a chemical evil? I personally do not take any recreational drugs including alcohol, nor do I judge those who do.

I am delighted that you have not been snared into the nightmarish hell of drugs. If you want to find out why drugs are evil you would have to either take them yourself or suffer the loss of a loved one.
Original post by Inexorably
If the majority of drugs were decriminalised and regulated by official bodies, then such deaths wouldn't be such a common occurrence.

MDMA is actually a relatively harmless drug in contrast to the likes of cocaine, lsd etc. The only ''bad'' effects it has are temporary depression and strong desire to drink liquids. If people actually got educated on the matter instead of having the message "DRUGZ BAD DONT DO!!!111!" thrown at them then they might be better prepared lol.

No I have never taken any recreational (legal + illegal) drugs before that argument gets chucked at me.

Such a good start but LSD is even safer than MDMA. It is the safest drug out there. Not a recorded death and its being researched to treat people with certain conditions. Eg: end of life anxiety in terminal patients.
(edited 9 years ago)
I am delighted that you have not been snared into the nightmarish hell of drugs. If you want to find out why drugs are evil you would have to either take them yourself or suffer the loss of a loved one.

The majority of my friends take drugs and use them fairly safely, no overdoses and using test kits. They're all at very good universities and hasn't affected their studies. Your statement is completely wrong. That would be like me saying "all cars are evil because my friend died in a car crash".
Original post by alexs2602
Such a good start but LSD is even safer than MDMA. It is the safest drug out there. Not a recorded death and its being researched to treat people with certain conditions.

I'll let you in on a little secret and admit that I've never actually read enough about LSD to know how dangerous it was (if at all) - I took a stab in the dark :frown:. I've just always known MDMA is a fairly safe drug :tongue:
Reply 69
The majority of my friends take drugs and use them fairly safely, no overdoses and using test kits. They're all at very good universities and hasn't affected their studies. Your statement is completely wrong. That would be like me saying "all cars are evil because my friend died in a car crash".

I am delighted that none of your friends has died from drugs yet. Your comparison with driving is deeply flawed.

Can i interest you into purchasing this book? http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/david+nutt/drugs+-+without+the+hot+air/8823593/

Hopefully it should clear all the garbage you have been given about drugs from the government.
I am delighted that none of your friends has died from drugs yet. Your comparison with driving is deeply flawed.

In what way is it flawed, you approached me with the same concept. You literally said that if something kills a person it automatically is evil.
Reply 72
Can i interest you into purchasing this book? http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/david+nutt/drugs+-+without+the+hot+air/8823593/

Hopefully it should clear all the garbage you have been given about drugs from the government.

the admirably named prof. nutt has nothing to teach me.
Reply 73
In what way is it flawed, you approached me with the same concept. You literally said that if something kills a person it automatically is evil.

i said nothing of the sort. read my posts more carefully.

"If you want to find out why drugs are evil you would have to either take them yourself or suffer the loss of a loved one." So I need to suffer to know if its evil. So these people who are rolling from Mdma due to the release of serotonin (the chemical that makes you happy) are suffering? They're more likely to be having a very good time.
Reply 75

Quiet day at the care home?
I'll let you in on a little secret and admit that I've never actually read enough about LSD to know how dangerous it was (if at all) - I took a stab in the dark :frown:. I've just always known MDMA is a fairly safe drug :tongue:

There are a variety of dangers when it comes to drugs and to be honest a lot seem to come from prohibition. On the one hand, heroin is highly addictive. On the other a lot of deaths I hear about are related to overdoses or cuts. Both of which are related to it being illegal. Purity varies so if there's a spike in quality someone can take a dose that's too big for them. Being cut with a synthetic opiate called fentanyl that's much more potent. There's a class of prescription drugs which when taken sparingly is not very dangerous but if taken regularly for extended periods and the user goes cold turkey has very nasty withdrawals. One of which is potentially death. LSD is anti addictive, it has no effects on the body. You'd have to take an insane amount of LSD to get close to the ld50 which is why there hasn't been a recorded death. You'd have to be high up in the distribution game to get near those quantities these days. However there is another psychedelic class which is passed off as LSD to the ignorant and is easier to synthesize called 25x-NBOMe's. 25i seems to be the most dangerous. Fro. What I hear they have a relatively small therapeutic window. There have been overdoses. Shrooms are very safe too.

Honestly, you should just try and read into it. David Nutt's book is a good start. There's a documentary called culture high that's a good watch too.
(edited 9 years ago)
There are a variety of dangers when it comes to drugs and to be honest a lot seem to come from prohibition. On the hand, heroin is highly addictive. On the other a lot of deaths I hear about are related to overdoses or cuts. Both of which are related to it being illegal. Purity varies so if there's a spike in quality someone can take a dose that's too big for them. Being cut with a synthetic opiate called fentanyl that's much more potent. There's a class of prescription drugs which when taken sparingly is not very dangerous but if taken regularly for extended periods and the user goes cold turkey has very nasty withdrawals. One of which is potentially death. LSD is anti addictive, it has no effects on the body. You'd have to take an insane amount of LSD to get close to the ld50 which is why there hasn't been a recorded death. You'd have to be high up in the distribution game to get near those quantities these days. However there is another psychedelic class which is passed off as LSD to the ignorant and is easier to synthesize called 25x-NBOMe's. 25i seems to be the most dangerous. Fro. What I hear they have a relatively small therapeutic window. There have been overdoses. Shrooms are very safe too.

Honestly, you should just try and read into it. David Nutt's book is a good start. There's a documentary called culture high that's a good watch too.

It's refreshing to see someone else actually taking an evidence and scientific based approach to drugs.:smile:
There are a variety of dangers when it comes to drugs and to be honest a lot seem to come from prohibition. On the hand, heroin is highly addictive. On the other a lot of deaths I hear about are related to overdoses or cuts. Both of which are related to it being illegal. Purity varies so if there's a spike in quality someone can take a dose that's too big for them. Being cut with a synthetic opiate called fentanyl that's much more potent. There's a class of prescription drugs which when taken sparingly is not very dangerous but if taken regularly for extended periods and the user goes cold turkey has very nasty withdrawals. One of which is potentially death. LSD is anti addictive, it has no effects on the body. You'd have to take an insane amount of LSD to get close to the ld50 which is why there hasn't been a recorded death. You'd have to be high up in the distribution game to get near those quantities these days. However there is another psychedelic class which is passed off as LSD to the ignorant and is easier to synthesize called 25x-NBOMe's. 25i seems to be the most dangerous. Fro. What I hear they have a relatively small therapeutic window. There have been overdoses. Shrooms are very safe too.

Thanks for the reply! I did actually do a quick search about LSD after you mentioned and came across sites stating it wasn't actually very addictive. I'll check out the David Nutt guy :smile:

God bless people like you.
Thanks for the reply! I did actually do a quick search about LSD after you mentioned and came across sites stating it wasn't actually very addictive. I'll check out the David Nutt guy :smile:

God bless people like you.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...t+air/8823593/ check out this book,
http://www.drugscience.org.uk/ and check out this website made by david nutt. He was actually the old drug adviser for the government but they didn't like his evidence based approach to drug policies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending