The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
Who the hell is he? :s

Wow really Kruz....
Reply 81
Can anyone confirm whether Paulista is cup-tied via playing in the Europa league?
Original post by VanGaalOut
Wow really Kruz....

Sarcasm lol.
Original post by Kruz
Sarcasm lol.

Don't buy it son.
Predictions against Brighton guys? I'm going for a 3-1 to us gooners.
Original post by Stefano93
Predictions against Brighton guys? I'm going for a 3-1 to us gooners.

The last time Arsenal faced Brighton, Brighton were aiming for the Championship play-offs, this time Brighton are just hoping to avoid the drop. But you never know
Think we have a really great chance at retaining the Cup now. As long as we dont get drawn at Old Trafford(and even at the Emirates those bastards always find a way to steal a result no matter how badly they play...) we should be happy to meet anyone. And in a Wembley game against MUFC/LFC I'm pretty confident we'd smash them, assuming those guys win their replays. The way these guys are playing however, they wont make it to Wembley. Any half decent Championship side puts them under pressure so hopefully Utd will get sorted by Bradford etc :laugh:

Banter when we pull a Chelsea and scrape our way to a trophy beating lower league teams.

---
This is what I expect today

Szczesny
Bellerin Chambers Mertesacker Gibbs
Coquelin Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Rosicky
Giroud

Perhaps Flamini will play but hopefully Sanchez/Koscielny/AOC can have a little break.

Prediction: 6-0 Arsenal
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
And in a Wembley game against MUFC/LFC I'm pretty confident we'd smash them, assuming those guys win their replays :rolleyes:

Nah you'd bottle it like you always do.
Reply 88
Original post by VanGaalOut
Wow really Kruz....

Hey why do you want Van Gaal out?
Original post by sr90
Nah you'd bottle it like you always do.

Good think MK Dons or some other lower league giant will do the job for Arsenal before Wembley anyway :laugh:
Original post by Zürich
Good think MK Dons or some other lower league giant will do the job for Arsenal before Wembley anyway :laugh:

The sad thing is you're probably right. Same thing happened the last time there was an open FA Cup, lost at home to Portsmouth.
Original post by Zürich
Think we have a really great chance at retaining the Cup now. As long as we dont get drawn at Old Trafford(and even at the Emirates those bastards always find a way to steal a result no matter how badly they play...) we should be happy to meet anyone. And in a Wembley game against MUFC/LFC I'm pretty confident we'd smash them, assuming those guys win their replays. The way these guys are playing however, they wont make it to Wembley. Any half decent Championship side puts them under pressure so hopefully Utd will get sorted by Bradford etc :laugh:

Banter when we pull a Chelsea and scrape our way to a trophy beating lower league teams.

---
This is what I expect today

Szczesny
Bellerin Chambers Mertesacker Gibbs
Coquelin Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Rosicky
Giroud

Perhaps Flamini will play but hopefully Sanchez/Koscielny/AOC can have a little break.

Prediction: 6-0 Arsenal

I would say the hardest draw we could get is West Ham at Upton Park tbh. United and Liverpool are with us in a CL spot battle, whereas Big Sam seems to have already conceded it and has said he would rather an FA Cup Final and finishing a few places lower than expected, so you can guarantee they'd put up a big fight. Having said that, United seem to always beat us and Liverpool are the kings of being dicked on for 90 mins in a cup game then scoring a fluky winner.

Not going to be complacent today, we should win comfortably but Brighton will be up for it, 4-1 Arsenal with Walcott getting a goal and an Ozli assist please!
Original post by leinad2012
I would say the hardest draw we could get is West Ham at Upton Park tbh. United and Liverpool are with us in a CL spot battle, whereas Big Sam seems to have already conceded it and has said he would rather an FA Cup Final and finishing a few places lower than expected, so you can guarantee they'd put up a big fight. Having said that, United seem to always beat us and Liverpool are the kings of being dicked on for 90 mins in a cup game then scoring a fluky winner.

Not going to be complacent today, we should win comfortably but Brighton will be up for it, 4-1 Arsenal with Walcott getting a goal and an Ozli assist please!

Well that would be tough too yeah. But WHU is just a fixture we pretty much always win, home or away, and we'd be favourites again so it wouldnt be so bad. Upton Park would be buzzing for them though tbf and they have the look or a proper cup side. Liverpool are just an average side, obviously going to Anfield would be tough but at the Emirates/Wembley we'd have then 8/10 times imo.

Hopefully Utd draw Liverpool at Anfield or WHU Upton Park and we can scrape by against dross until the Semis. After the draws we had last year, we're due some luck. Tbh I wouldnt mind seeing WHU win it if Arsenal dont. Been decades since they won anything and they're not an unlikeable bunch.
(edited 9 years ago)
bloody hell.. even brstiol city are giving west-ham a good go..

Should be 2 up if it wasnt for goal-line clearances..

Lower teams really have belief after the last two days..
Original post by fallen_acorns
bloody hell.. even brstiol city are giving west-ham a good go..

Should be 2 up if it wasnt for goal-line clearances..

Lower teams really have belief after the last two days..

Still lol'ling at chelsea getting outplayed yesterday :biggrin:
Original post by leinad2012

Surely Stoke away would be worse?
Original post by Pete_91
Surely Stoke away would be worse?

If it's not Stoke it's Rochdale.

(And Stoke aren't guaranteed passage just cause they play in a higher league. Neither are Arsenal)
Reply 97
Arsenal XI: Szczesny, Chambers, Koscielny, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Walcott, Ramsey, Ozil, Rosicky, Giroud
Reply 98
Original post by amoled
Arsenal XI: Szczesny, Chambers, Koscielny, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Walcott, Ramsey, Ozil, Rosicky, Giroud

Quite a strong XI then.
We still need a solid DM for me to be satisfied but I'm encouraged by us actually getting someone decent in January and addressing an issue for the first time. We usually try to make do till summer and risk it good to see us have some initiative for once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest