The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by themorninglight
What do you mean you collected 9 million durood shareef? I'm guessing everyone gets allocated a set number to say and then you count them?

Also debates are not bad per se, though of course sending salawat on RasulAllah صلى الله عليه و سلم is an excellent thing to do. Debates are good in general to dispel lies and put forward the truth.

There are seven years in the Alim course... So each year was allocated a million... And in each year one person was chosen to organise and report the durood at the end of the four days to the seventh years... And then they counted them all
Holy Quran

"And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures that He has scattered through them: and He has power to gather them together when He wills"

Amazing how the Quran directly tells us we aren't the only living beings on earth. In the universe, Allah swt has scattered his other creation. Heavens and earth means 'universe'

A literal translation would be:

"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and the crawling things He has scattered abroad in them; and He is able to gather them whenever He will."
[video="youtube;igpP3B77pxI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igpP3B77pxI[/video]
I was debating with this person on another thread yesterday, and they said Islamic laws are oppressive because men and women can't swim together, and because a husband and wife have to obey each other :lol:
From discussing with out atheists friends, i have noticed they are very logical. Very rational, use good arguments, are able to eloquently express their ideas.

The only issue i have with them is, whatever they are refuting are straw-mans. They are creating an argument which we ourselves do not propagate in our own heads, and then refute that argument.

Ofcourse this is not always the case, but there are still many cases i have found like this.

So what we have to do is redress what we as muslims actually argue, so we aren't starting on the premise of straw mans.
Original post by Tawheed
Holy Quran

"And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures that He has scattered through them: and He has power to gather them together when He wills"

Amazing how the Quran directly tells us we aren't the only living beings on earth. In the universe, Allah swt has scattered his other creation. Heavens and earth means 'universe'

A literal translation would be:

"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and the crawling things He has scattered abroad in them; and He is able to gather them whenever He will."

So this is saying that there is life out there? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Positron.
So this is saying that there is life out there? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Allah swt knows best, but the verse clearly tells us he has scattered life throughout the universe. What sort of life, we don't know, but there is definitely life out there, yes.
Original post by HAnwar
I was debating with this person on another thread yesterday, and they said Islamic laws are oppressive because men and women can't swim together, and because a husband and wife have to obey each other :lol:

LOOOOL. It's oppressive to obey your husband or wife? I pity his partner in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed
Allah swt knows best, but the verse clearly tells us he has scattered life throughout the universe. What sort of life, we don't know, but there is definitely life out there, yes.

There are only 2 possibilities: either we are alone in the universe or we are not

Yeh, i think it's only sensible to think that there is some form of life out there because of the size of the universe

It's so scary bro to think there are probably some intelligent lifeforms and stuff with their own systems, cultures

But i am sure these ayat will be proven to be true... I hope it happens in our lifetime tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
LOOOOL. It's oppressive to obey your husband or wife? I pity his partner in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I know right :rolleyes:
Original post by ttaylor17
There are seven years in the Alim course... So each year was allocated a million... And in each year one person was chosen to organise and report the durood at the end of the four days to the seventh years... And then they counted them all

Which kitaabs (books) are you currently studying?
stopthebill.co.uk
Here's a fascinating fact guys.

The probability of the universe coming into being by chance, has been given an estimate by stephen Weingberg, who himself is not a theist. He states the probability, based on the cosmological constant, is around 10^120. Now, if you want to know how large of a number that is, let me put it into perspective for you.

Stephen Weinburg:
http://youtu.be/z4E_bT4ecgk

If you calculate the numbers of atoms in the observable universe, it's far, far, far, less than this probability.

"At this level, it is estimated that the there are between 10^78 to 10^82 atoms in the known, observable universe. In layman’s terms, that works out to between ten quadrillion vigintillion and one-hundred thousand quadrillion vigintillion atoms."

http://www.universetoday.com/36302/atoms-in-the-universe/

Now , 10^120 compared to 10^82 atoms in the observable universe.

Eitherway, for a multiverse to exist in the atheistic version, there need to be an infinite number, if we assume the multiverse has always existed. If the multiverse only had a finitely colossal number of universes, the total number of multiverses produced would be finite, therefore you could go back to a time where there were no universes made , if one was made after another. This means you cannot have a multiverse eternally existing.

Therefore you merely have to disprove there can be a an infinite number of actualized made universes. This is extremely easy to disprove using plethora of air-tight logical arguments.

Therefore the creation of the universe was a very deliberate thing- so deliberate infact, even if you tried to make a probability using all the atoms of the observable universe, it wouldn't even be close in any way shape or form to the level of fine tuning we see.

And we are really told there is no proof for God?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ttaylor17
Don't know if you people know but in Darul Uloom Bury... In response to the seven million magazines that were to be published... A collective durood shareef was organised in which from Tuesday till Friday we had a target of 7 million durood... One for each magazine... And Alhamdulillah on Friday after it was counted... We had a total of 9 million subhanallah... This is how we should respond to Islam hate.... Not through debates and what not

Wow that's very nice. May Allah reward you for all for it.
Original post by Tennumbers
Which kitaabs (books) are you currently studying?

الاختيار . شأن نزول . تلخيص المفتاح. المختارات. الأدب المفرد. أصول الشاشى. الكافية . تيسير المنطق . Hadhrat's Quran tarjumah...
(edited 9 years ago)
You?
The solution to the world...

Latest

Trending

Trending