The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kvllum
Thanks dude. Okay, suppose I get an A* in this writing. I get an A* in my reading and an A in my listening. What are we talking, an A* overall? :smile:

Most definitely - coursework is 60% of your final grade. The listening is only 20%.
Original post by pursuedbyabear
Out of curiosity/being nosy, what is everyone taking next year?
I'm doing English Lit, Theatre Studies, History and German :smile:

Further Maths, Additional Further Maths, Physics and French (+ German AS - undecided)
Original post by Purple-Pixie
:five:

I asked my Spanish teacher a while ago and she said that if I keep up my good work that I would be capable of doing it at A Level and that I will most likely achieve an A or B at GCSE. The A Level course sounds quite difficult though and I don't think I'm fluent enough :frown:

I've considered History but I don't do it at GCSE (I wanted to but it was in the same option block as ICT and for some stupid reason I chose ICT instead :mad:) so I'm worried that I would have a disadvantage at A Level as I have no idea how well I would cope with it.

Thank you for the advice :smile:

I see. :frown: Taking a subject that you haven't taken before is a bit daunting.

Glad I could be of some use. :smile:
Out of curiosity/being nosy, what is everyone taking next year?
I'm doing English Lit, Theatre Studies, History and German :smile:

English Lit, Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Maybe greek gcse as well...
Hi, I am taking Economics, Maths, History and French. The realisation of GCSE's in a few months still hasn't sunk in. So, how many people have started revision already?
Original post by turn-to-page394
English Lit, Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Maybe greek gcse as well...

I really want to learn Greek, lucky! :eek:
Original post by big_dreamer
Hi, I am taking Economics, Maths, History and French. The realisation of GCSE's in a few months still hasn't sunk in. So, how many people have started revision already?

Obvs me - nah, currently in the middle of mocks and realising how much more work I'll have to put in between now and uh....

I really want to learn Greek, lucky! :eek:

Currently taking latin - not so lucky... If greek is anything like it, then I'm outta here... :biggrin:
And it's ancient greek fyi. :smile: So verse and prose -- the bane of my existence...
Currently taking latin - not so lucky... If greek is anything like it, then I'm outta here... :biggrin:
And it's ancient greek fyi. :smile: So verse and prose -- the bane of my existence...

I assumed it was :smile:. I have a weird interest in mythology so I'd love to learn either language, but I've heard a lot about how classical languages are difficult so perhaps it's good I didn't get the opportunity! :tongue:
I assumed it was :smile:. I have a weird interest in mythology so I'd love to learn either language, but I've heard a lot about how classical languages are difficult so perhaps it's good I didn't get the opportunity! :tongue:

Yeah, mythology is amazing - one of the reasons I liked latin in the first place - but then... the GCSEs just ruin it for me. :smile: It's all about translation, grammar, memorisation and making up stuff about the technique and urgh.

Actually on second thoughts, probz better to ignore me. Have two latin mocks tomorrow and procrastinating. I'm just bitter. :P
Yeah, mythology is amazing - one of the reasons I liked latin in the first place - but then... the GCSEs just ruin it for me. :smile: It's all about translation, grammar, memorisation and making up stuff about the technique and urgh.

Actually on second thoughts, probz better to ignore me. Have two latin mocks tomorrow and procrastinating. I'm just bitter. :P

haha, have fun revising! :biggrin:

(Amazing username by the way!)
haha, have fun revising! :biggrin:

(Amazing username by the way!)

oh go away... :biggrin:

:O I should probably go revise. :shot:

(thanks :smile: is there a meaning to yours that I'm densely not getting? :confused:)
oh go away... :biggrin:

:O I should probably go revise. :shot:

(thanks :smile: is there a meaning to yours that I'm densely not getting? :confused:)

(stage direction in Shakespeare's A Winter's Tale 'exit, pursued by a bear' that I just like the sound of, but I came across it through an album title! :biggrin:)
(stage direction in Shakespeare's A Winter's Tale 'exit, pursued by a bear' that I just like the sound of, but I came across it through an album title! :biggrin:)

ah ok, :biggrin:
revision feels like I'm pulling candy out of a small child.
Original post by Mr...
:hi:

This is just what I was about to do. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:ahee:

New avatar?:colone:

Yarp. Can you see it clearly though? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Norpe:tongue:

That's what I thought! :unimpressed::facepalm: Guess what it says though! :ahee:

I'll change it then. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
That's what I thought! :unimpressed::facepalm: Guess what it says though! :ahee:

I'll change it then. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to know what it is too :mmm:
Original post by Mr...
Vhat:ahee:

Waiting…

It said 'Karma'. :ahee::tongue:
Here-

Can you see the new one? :colone:

Original post by Gingerbread101
I want to know what it is too :mmm:

^ :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
It said 'Karma'. :ahee::tongue:
Here-

Can you see the new one? :colone:

^ :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooh, cute :tongue:
The new one looks like a cactus with two people saying something that is so small I couldn't even attempt to read :tongue:

Latest