The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lularose83
But there is a right to freedom of choice and expression (within reason) which sex categorically falls under.

Sex is not speech.
Original post by SophieSmall
in red.

I believe that if the out of work benefit system was a lot stricter on who could have access to it and how long they are entitled to it more people would be in work. I think people are fussy about what jobs they will do and think certain jobs are beneth them, but I would prefer to clean toilets than be on the dole.
I did not mention anything about grades, but I think showing a commitment to attending school, shows a lot about the values they will (hopefully) pass on to the next generation.
You don't have to look far to see people on benefits drinking and smoking which are luxury goods, in my book, if you are not paying for them yourself and I don't believe my taxes should be used that way.
I know my views on people having children is against human rights, but I think people should seriously consider where having children is right, not them, but the child they will have; can they afford it, am I a responsible adult, will I be a postive role model, etc...
We were asked what our controversial views are, I gave mine. What are yours?
Original post by hamix.forllz
Sex is not speech.

That's not what I was implying. Anyway, I have good reason to disagree with your view with it certainly being "controversial" but I'm not arguing. Good day.
Bacon is awful.
Original post by Lularose83
That's not what I was implying. Anyway, I have good reason to disagree with your view with it certainly being "controversial" but I'm not arguing. Good day.

Lolololol....I didnt want an argument, but then its just a view dont get in a frey.
Original post by Obiejess
Bacon is awful.

I agree..no controversy that i can see.
Feminism doesn't seem very equal to me
Original post by hamix.forllz
I agree..no controversy that i can see.

Bacon is phenomenal... I think that is the most controversial view I have seen on here :bigsmile::bumps:
That any stance on immigration that doesn't seek to increase freedom of movement with the ultimate goal of open borders is racist.
Original post by Torigirl
I believe that if the out of work benefit system was a lot stricter on who could have access to it and how long they are entitled to it more people would be in work. I believe your system would end up punishing a lot more innocent people who are genuinely trying than the few who are actually scrounging off the state. Not to mention economically there will always be an unemployment rate of around 5-10% and so there will always be people out of work, it's impossible for everyone to have a job, so it is unfair to punish those who genuinely cannot find a job. I think people are fussy about what jobs they will do and think certain jobs are beneath them, but I would prefer to clean toilets than be on the dole. so would I.
I did not mention anything about grades Fair enough, my assumption that you thought it reflected grades, sorry. but I think showing a commitment to attending school, shows a lot about the values they will (hopefully) pass on to the next generation. I disagree with this, not to mention I think it is vastly unfair to hold an adult to account for something such as school attendance and not give them benefits because of it, we are not at all the same person at 25 as we were at say 11 years old, children often do not really understand the consequences very much of their actions for such things as simple as school attendance as such will often not care as they are children! If anything it is the parents who should be punished for not making their child go to school, not the child 10 years down the line.

You also didn't answer my question on whether you think, I shouldn't be entitled to benefits if I can't find a job, considering I had lower attendance than your threshold :tongue:

You don't have to look far to see people on benefits drinking and smoking which are luxury goods, Again I personally don'y understand how they can afford this, they must be cutting out something somewhere, perhaps not buying proper food or something, or having others pay for it for them. in my book, if you are not paying for them yourself and I don't believe my taxes should be used that way. Fair enough.
I know my views on people having children is against human rights, but I think people should seriously consider where having children is right, not them, but the child they will have; can they afford it, am I a responsible adult, will I be a postive role model, etc...I also believe people shouldn't have children until they can really afford it and are responsible enough but this isn't a perfect world and as such which have systems in place to protect children (though sometimes they fail) such as putting the child in care if a parent is abusive or they are starving. However for the reasons I gave in my last response to (which you didn't really give any retort to) I don't believe your system is at all fair, it would punish those who could genuinely have a child and look after it properly.
We were asked what our controversial views are, I gave mine. What are yours?

Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is that I have 0 problems with abortion up to a certain cut off point, I see no moral reason why not to as I don't believe "life" in a sentient and human rights sense starts at conception.
We should get rid of all oppressive religious practices. I just sprinted around my home town for half an hour (15:35-16:08) looking for folders. I didn't get any in the end because the shops are all either closed on Sunday, didn't have folders in stock or close at 16:00.
Getting rid of these traditions would mean that two of these problems would be fixed. I think that the stock problem would also be fixed as well because they would make sure that it lasts the whole week. Most people only have two days of the week when it is even possible to shop and are usually busy throughout all of both days anyway.

It doesn't seem like the dogma will change soon. I'll just have to wait another 6 or 7 days if I have time next weekend.
Original post by TheDanBandFan
Ahh ok, so degenerative diseases are included?

Yes.

I would also scrap Micky mouse courses and qualifications.
Original post by daviem
Feminism doesn't seem very equal to me

Is that even controversial?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blue_Mason
Yes.

I am all for the Micky mouse course and qualifications but degenerative diseases don't always go the same route. for example... not to make this to personal but I have Multiple Sclerosis and have more mobility and will most likely always have more mobility then someone that has something like severe rheumatoid arthritis. Would I need to die?
Original post by Adipoptosis
The way I can see into my neighbour's garden from my bedroom window.

Even worse, they can see us back too 0_o
How Cameron went to pay his respects to the death of the Saudi Arabian King, i heard that they're just trying to maintain good relations with Saudi because of the oil supply they have

this is just wrong

i believe we should have wind turbines etc. so we don't have to rely so much on all these other countries, particularly if we don't like them, it's two-faced lol

I'm a muslim and i hate that country's rulers, i wouldn't suck up to them not for no oil =P
Such a laughable post

Hey, have you heard of this thing called "pointing out how stupid someone sounds"? Oh yeah, maybe they don't have that in the 1400s. Carry on.
Yes.

Who decides what is 'Micky mouse'? I'm going into Scandinavian Studies, is that not worthy of study in your world of academic oppression? :biggrin:
Original post by Obiejess
Bacon is awful.

I kind of agree for the most part. I don't like bacon compared to other pig products (like black pudding, sausages, ham, gammon, chops and roasting joints). However when cooked in the right way and with the right combination of other stuff it can be very good. For example, grilled then grilled with brie (or other soft cheese) on top and then in a sandwich with cranberry sauce is very good. A straightforward bacon sandwich, however, I am not keen on.
I think transexuality is mostly a product excessive western culture.

"I feel like Women trapped in Man's body"

If there is no biological foundation for this then you're just a man in a man's body who aspires to conform to a unnatural cultural construct of gender.

Latest