The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cerlohee
I got myself a chem tutor :redface: Really only doing chem unit 4, S2, Bio Unit 4 and FP1 past papers/corrections but I feel like I should be doing more D: Terrified I'm somehow gonna miss my offer (although virtually no one does would be a horrible situation to be in haha)
What've you been doing? :smile:

You don't have STEP. It's so hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 901
Original post by physicsmaths
Init I seen that and I was like wtf and maths is the hardest at Cambridge :frown: my mate who's there now says there posters in the toilets about not committing suicide.

What makes you say Maths is the hardest? Difficulty is all subjective anyway :tongue:
Reply 902

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you gotten to the point where you're semi-confident you can meet the STEP offer? I've not and it feels like I never will, it feels like luck when I can do them.
Original post by Elcor
How much is everyone studying now? What subjects are you doing mainly and how are you revising? :redface:

Slowly regaining motivation to study...
But mainly chem and bio, plus physics. Making revision guides and compressing my notes into little flashcards and keyrings. Oh and past papers. Lots of past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 904
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Slowly regaining motivation to study...
But mainly chem and bio, plus physics. Making revision guides and compressing my notes into little flashcards and keyrings. Oh and past papers. Lots of past papers.

I find squeezing everything you know onto a small piece of paper a really useful way to revise. It forces you to cut out the less important information which would otherwise be dead weight for your brain. I have a bunch of A5 post-it notes which I'm putting mind maps and notes on and sticking all over my desk. This way I make links between topics from my subjects, which makes them easier to remember. For example, I just made one with all the stuff I need to know about coordinate systems from FP1 and FP3, and I plan to make another one about gravitational, electric and magnetic fields from Physics.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Absolutely nothing

None

Not doing it

:frown::frown::frown:

Lmao I'm a lazy sod

Haha why aren't you going to? Cos you probably should (at least at some point) :tongue:

Original post by Elcor
Tutors are really helpful. I had one for Maths GCSE as I sat it early. Once I forgot he was coming over and I had my girlfriend over, you can imagine how awkward it was when he turned up! Don't do that.

I've made some notes and mind maps on certain topics from Maths, Phys and Chem and I've done a couple past papers/exercises. I also feel like I should be doing more. :frown: After watching Jake, Sally and Jamie's (Simon lagged out lol) livestream about Oxbridge, I swear I'm gonna break from the workload.

Yeah my tutors really good! Kinda bankrupting my family though :3 My chemistry teachers actually having a breakdown like he spends more time telling us how his kids don't love him anymore and his wife wants a divorce than actually teaching us :// Haha for that reason, I'm glad he comes on like sunday mornings :')

Ahh haven't started physics revision yet!! Mocks next week... :'( You're edexcel for physics? Or am I confusing you with someone else (again)? :lol:
Haha yeah I watched that too! When Jake said he cried himself to sleep cos of first year stress: :frown: :frown:
Tbh I think everyone kinda just gets there and handles it. Like it sounds impossible, but they all have firsts or 2:1s AND have youtube and lots of other things going on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I pity you mathmos... Do you have a residential prep thing? Or any type of prep for that matter?!
Init I seen that and I was like wtf and maths is the hardest at Cambridge :frown: my mate who's there now says there posters in the toilets about not committing suicide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I saw those right before the interviews :frown: not too encouraging!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha why aren't you going to? Cos you probably should (at least at some point) :tongue:

Yeah my tutors really good! Kinda bankrupting my family though :3 My chemistry teachers actually having a breakdown like he spends more time telling us how his kids don't love him anymore and his wife wants a divorce than actually teaching us :// Haha for that reason, I'm glad he comes on like sunday mornings :')

Ahh haven't started physics revision yet!! Mocks next week... :'( You're edexcel for physics? Or am I confusing you with someone else (again)? :lol:
Haha yeah I watched that too! When Jake said he cried himself to sleep cos of first year stress: :frown: :frown:
Tbh I think everyone kinda just gets there and handles it. Like it sounds impossible, but they all have firsts or 2:1s AND have youtube and lots of other things going on!

Haha I pity you mathmos... Do you have a residential prep thing? Or any type of prep for that matter?!

I might start... Nah I will eventually... I hope, I just don't feel I've coveted anything worth revising yet.
Reply 908

You're confusing me with someone else again :wink: I'm OCR.

Yeah he seemed quite jokey about it, but when you think about it that is really sad.
Original post by Elcor
How much is everyone studying now? What subjects are you doing mainly and how are you revising? :redface:

I felt super motivated when I got the offer - I actually did my homework for once!

Now it's going downhill - the most I can manage is a past paper or one assignment a day :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I might start... Nah I will eventually... I hope, I just don't feel I've coveted anything worth revising yet.

I'm actually going to force you to if you haven't started by easter time :tongue: That's fair enough for now though!

Original post by Elcor
You're confusing me with someone else again :wink: I'm OCR.

Yeah he seemed quite jokey about it, but when you think about it that is really sad.

Haha I'm really bad at this I'm sorry! Well I guess he, and I imagine lots of other students, found a way to deal with it in the end?? Idk I'm really searching hard for a silver lining here!
Jake just favourited my tweet of mine lmao what
Why have I spent my weekend revising? Ahh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually going to force you to if you haven't started by easter time :tongue: That's fair enough for now though!

Haha I'm really bad at this I'm sorry! Well I guess he, and I imagine lots of other students, found a way to deal with it in the end?? Idk I'm really searching hard for a silver lining here!
Jake just favourited my tweet of mine lmao what

Easter?! I was thinking more, week before each exam max :colone:
Easter?! I was thinking more, week before each exam max :colone:

Here he goes again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Here he goes again

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one asked for your opinion :wink:

I will revise when my friends revise :yep:
Original post by EHZ17