The Student Room Group

Tired of Eating

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schrödingers Cat
No he heard right you are wrong, whey protein in powder is actually a waste product of milk because body builders will buy just about anything to get bigger.

Protein supplements are unnecessary and unhealthy

>whey
>normal part of all dairy substances, and milk couldn't exist without it
>waste product
>apparently only unhealthy when isolated
>understandingofnutrition/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
>whey
>normal part of all dairy substances, and milk couldn't exist without it
>waste product
>apparently only unhealthy when isolated
>understandingofnutrition/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

This says it all really:

http://www.bushido-self-improvement.com/whey-protein-side-effects.html

Whey is definitely a waste product of cheese production, it was discovered as a by product about 30 years ago.

Maybe you should stick to virology? :teehee:
No he heard right you are wrong, whey protein in powder is actually a waste product of milk because body builders will buy just about anything to get bigger.

Protein supplements are unnecessary and unhealthy

Rubbish. If they were just a useless byproduct, they wouldn't contain all the amino acids that help the protein powder do what it's supposed to do.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Rubbish. If they were just a useless byproduct, they wouldn't contain all the amino acids that help the protein powder do what it's supposed to do.

Mhmmm

http://www.bushido-self-improvement....e-effects.html
This says it all really:

http://www.bushido-self-improvement.com/whey-protein-side-effects.html

Whey is definitely a waste product of cheese production, it was discovered as a by product about 30 years ago.

Maybe you should stick to virology? :teehee:

waste product of milk <> waste product of cheese

Good troll, dude. You got me!
waste product of milk <> waste product of cheese

Good troll, dude. You got me!

Nice try changing the subject because you know you were wrong, considering cheese is derived from milk my statement wasn't incorrect.

Do you even lift brah?
Nice try changing the subject because you know you were wrong, considering cheese is derived from milk my statement wasn't incorrect.

Do you even lift brah?

If you can't see what's wrong with the webpage, you're beyond help and I won't be the one wasting my time. :smile:

I'm not too interested in the semantics of it all. If you're looking for an argument, you'll have to hope Woody takes the bait. :yy:
If you can't see what's wrong with the webpage, you're beyond help and I won't be the one wasting my time. :smile:

I'm not too interested in the semantics of it all. If you're looking for an argument, you'll have to hope Woody takes the bait. :yy:

Translation:

''I drink whey protein and I'm big so that means you're wrong.''

''I don't want to argue because I'll get upset and make a rude word and get banned''

I just hope that when you get older and start noticing the effects that drinking whey protein like you do you'll think back about my advice :rolleyes:

Here's some advice from a guy who knows a thing or two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOzA6j8VBLc
(edited 9 years ago)

You can't be that stupid. It's not possible to believe that

Translation:

''I drink whey protein and I'm big so that means you're wrong.''

''I don't want to argue because I'll get upset and make a rude word and get banned''

I just hope that when you get older and start noticing the effects that drinking whey protein like you do you'll think back about my advice :rolleyes:

Here's some advice from a guy who knows a thing or two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOzA6j8VBLc

> Says whey protein is the devil
> Links to Elliot Hulse
> Doesn't listen to the following
> Elliot promotes drinking full fat milk
> Elliot says that whey protein is fine but not necessary

> Comes across as an idiot

to quote you "Do you do Biology?"
Original post by Angry cucumber
You can't be that stupid. It's not possible to believe that

> Says whey protein is the devil
> Links to Elliot Hulse
> Doesn't listen to the following
> Elliot promotes drinking full fat milk
> Elliot says that whey protein is fine but not necessary

> Comes across as an idiot

to quote you "Do you do Biology?"

I have more articles on why whey protein is pointless if you want?

- Never said whey protein is the devil just pointless
- I listened to his video
- This point is irrelevant what's wrong with full fat milk?
- He doesn't say fine he says it's unnecessary although I disagree with him about creatine.

Are your ready to swallow the red pill and learn the true power of being strong and powerful?

Or will you keep swallowing the blue pill and carry on with your bicep curls and drinking whey?

Up to you, I want to help you but I can't if you won't accept the truth :erm:

And yes I have studied biology and chemistry and achieved a top grade in both.

Sorry what were your qualifications again?

- He doesn't say fine he says it's unnecessary although I disagree with him about creatine.

Yes you did

This stupid article you linked

Are your ready to swallow the red pill and learn the true power of being strong and powerful?

Or will you keep swallowing the blue pill and carry on with your bicep curls and drinking whey?

Cool story bro

come back to me when you've progressed past watching the matrix

You studied it at GCSE or possibly A level and think you know so much :heart:

I'm a third year vet student and I'll have my first degree as of June :smile:

Hype who you decided to call out above is a 3rd year medic

Now you look silly :smile:
Yes you did

This stupid article you linked

Cool story bro

come back to me when you've progressed past watching the matrix

You studied it at GCSE or possibly A level and think you know so much :heart:

I'm a third year vet student and I'll have my first degree as of June :smile:

Hype who you decided to call out above is a 3rd year medic

Now you look silly :smile:

You only think it's stupid because it goes against your opinions.

Ok so you don't want help, don't come crying to me when you're a middle aged saggy man.

I know more than you it looks like, hahaha a vet? Maybe you should stick to helping peoples pet.

Actually I called out hype because he was wrong and you know he was wrong so don't even bring that up.
Reply 32
Drink a weight gainer before bed. Eat normally the rest of the day, and drink one of these after dinner, about an hour before bed. You can easily get an extra ~1000 calories into your diet this way without feeling like you are constantly eating.
High calorie smoothies are the answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're not pointless, but IF you can eat enough protein then they are unnecessary.

OP is complaining about not being able to eat enough, so a smoothie or 2 with milk, fruit, nut butter and a scoop of whey is an easy, healthy way of getting in 1000+ extra calories and protein a day.

Countless pro bodybuilders, athletes and muscular people use whey, so don't be too one-sided. Elliot Hulse ain't God, but he's right in this anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZolaCFC25
They're not pointless, but IF you can eat enough protein then they are unnecessary.

OP is complaining about not being able to eat enough, so a smoothie or 2 with milk, fruit, nut butter and a scoop of whey is an easy, healthy way of getting in 1000+ extra calories and protein a day.

Countless pro bodybuilders, athletes and muscular people use whey, so don't be too one-sided. Elliot Hulse ain't God, but he's right in this anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

See thing is people say this, but what's so different about drinking a glass milk and drinking whey protein? One is healthy and good for your bones the other promotes bloated muscles without power.

Bodybuilders use steroids btw so forget about them for a second, you know do athletes like phelps actually use whey protein? I mean I know they use energy drinks and stuff but pure whey? Want to quote me some evidence?

I just see the amount of people who have big muscles that are really weak and think, well they've just taken loads of protein shake and filled their arms with fat not muscle :rolleyes:
See thing is people say this, but what's so different about drinking a glass milk and drinking whey protein? One is healthy and good for your bones the other promotes bloated muscles without power.

Bodybuilders use steroids btw so forget about them for a second, you know do athletes like phelps actually use whey protein? I mean I know they use energy drinks and stuff but pure whey? Want to quote me some evidence?

I just see the amount of people who have big muscles that are really weak and think, well they've just taken loads of protein shake and filled their arms with fat not muscle :rolleyes:

Apologies for answering this in numbers, but got an op tomorrow so cba'd paragraphing.

1. Not all bodybuilders are on steroids, and even if they are, it doesn't disprove the use of whey.
2. I know pro athletes who use whey protein. And I think it's obvious that loads do, without bothering to look it up.
3. I agree that it's probably not that healthy and that's why I don't have much, but it's not the end of the world. Cheap meat, other additives, pollution etc are bad too. If you need calories/protein though, as lots of people do (again, not me as I have no problem eating enough), and the health aspect doesn't concern you, then why not?
4. Protein shakes don't make you fat; excess calories do. If anything, some protein powder may pass through undigested if you have too much.

I know a GB youth athlete who was told on no uncertain terms if he wanted to be competitive there were two things he needed to take. Protein and creatine (assuming a creatine responder).

Whey is healthy and beneficial. It's exactly the same stuff that the NHS prescribes patients who are unable to get adequate protein from their food, for whatever reason.

You're clearly a troll so do us all a favour and **** off.
You only think it's stupid because it goes against your opinions.

Ok so you don't want help, don't come crying to me when you're a middle aged saggy man.

I know more than you it looks like, hahaha a vet? Maybe you should stick to helping peoples pet.

Actually I called out hype because he was wrong and you know he was wrong so don't even bring that up.

Poor show

You came, you tried to antagonise, you failed. Pretty weak attempt at flaming tbh
Original post by ZolaCFC25
Apologies for answering this in numbers, but got an op tomorrow so cba'd paragraphing.

1. Not all bodybuilders are on steroids, and even if they are, it doesn't disprove the use of whey.
2. I know pro athletes who use whey protein. And I think it's obvious that loads do, without bothering to look it up.
3. I agree that it's probably not that healthy and that's why I don't have much, but it's not the end of the world. Cheap meat, other additives, pollution etc are bad too. If you need calories/protein though, as lots of people do (again, not me as I have no problem eating enough), and the health aspect doesn't concern you, then why not?
4. Protein shakes don't make you fat; excess calories do. If anything, some protein powder may pass through undigested if you have too much.

Interesting, I like your ouput.

In bold btw protein doesn't go through undigested as the molecules are too big to fit through the urinary membrane barriers, excess protein is one of the reasons whey protein can be really bad for you if you don't use it all.

Original post by illusionz
I know a GB youth athlete who was told on no uncertain terms if he wanted to be competitive there were two things he needed to take. Protein and creatine (assuming a creatine responder).

Whey is healthy and beneficial. It's exactly the same stuff that the NHS prescribes patients who are unable to get adequate protein from their food, for whatever reason.

You're clearly a troll so do us all a favour and **** off.

:rofl:

Goodbye :hand:

Poor show

You came, you tried to antagonise, you failed. Pretty weak attempt at flaming tbh

Nice input into the argument, wasn't flaming you're just mad that my opinion differs from yours.

I never asked you this but do you actually use whey protein? I'm 99% sure on the answer here
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest