The Student Room Group

If you offended by this Post, Then don't comment and Ignore

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Twinpeaks
Completely disagree! It's not normal for a 70 year old to be attracted to a 15 year old. 15 year olds still aren't physically fully mature. You're still developing up into your 20s in a lot of cases.

With the OP, because he's still young he's not completely mature himself so his attraction is normal. But for a very mature man to be attracted to a girl of such a young age, I completely disagree that that is normal. A 15 year old is still so immature.

Hebephilia describes an attraction to individuals going through puberty. If a fully mature man is attracted to 15 year olds I'd say he's attracted to girls going through puberty.

Some girls really look no different at 15 as they do at 23... They're hardly that rare. I'm talking about those girls.
You ain't doing anything wrong, if she's 16+

Hell, I don't even think there's anything wrong with being a pedophile as long as you don't do anything, it's not your choice who you are attracted to
Original post by Anonymous
I don't even think there's anything wrong with being a pedophile as long as you don't do anything.

erm...... rethink this sentence.

i think when i see her next week, i will observe myself in what i feel about her
erm...... rethink this sentence.

i think when i see her next week, i will observe myself in what i feel about her

if sexual attraction is born into you (ie lets say being gay is natural, which I agree with) I also think people who are pedophiles are naturally so, there is nothing inherently wrong with being attracted to children, if you don't look at them, or abuse them in any way, what's wrong.
Only a fool will be offended by this post

She's 16 so she's game. Ask her out
I think you worry too much about other people mate. If you like her and she likes you the fact that you are 19 and she is 16 is not important, mind you...she might even be more mature than you :smile:.
I'm not disgusted or offended or anything like that. If you're attracted to her then you can't really help that. Three years isn't a huge age different, especially seeing as you're still a teenager. If it were me (aged 22 and a half) and a 16 year old girl then yes that would probably be awkward and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be OK with getting myself into that sort of situation. The age difference between me and my ex was 5 years (with me being younger) and that didn't trouble me at all.

If this is really troubling you then maybe wait a few months. She'll have finished school and if you're still in contact and getting on well then (to me) that would be a sure sign that it's OK to take things further.
Just to put it in there...there is a guy in my 6th form who seems to be 'intensely' in love with a girl in year 11. It's really not that weird, honestly. But obviously you have to take age seriously on certain matters like drinking and sex...I don't even know why I am typing that up. Basically stop feeling weird, it's really not that weird.
Original post by Vlad_Tepes
I think you worry too much about other people mate. If you like her and she likes you the fact that you are 19 and she is 16 is not important, mind you...she might even be more mature than you :smile:.

she is way too mature... I thought she was 18 when i first met her and i was attracted badly to her. My heart sank when she said she was studying gcses.
she is way too mature... I thought she was 18 when i first met her and i was attracted badly to her. My heart sank when she said she was studying gcses.

Meh it's fine, if you're only not going for it because you're worried people will judge you're thinking in the wrong way.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Meh it's fine, if you're only not going for it because you're worried people will judge you're thinking in the wrong way.

I don't think many people will really care.
Totally not a big deal. She's over 16 so there's nothing wrong with it.
Also my parents had a 14 year age gap... having an age gap isn't weird or anything, as long as the person's not under 16 when you're with them :smile:
Original post by bittr n swt
Only a fool will be offended by this post

She's 16 so she's game. Ask her out

when i destroy my anxiety and depression, then i will ask her out. right now, i'm mentally ****ed
A 16 year old is legally allowed to have sex, and get married (with parental permission). So she's in Year 11...so what?

My son is an August child, so he was just turned 4 when he started school. My daughter and other son, however, are both September babies, so they were only a couple of weeks off being 5 when they started school.

Depending on what month of the year she's born, she could have only just missed out on being in the year above in any case.

I got engaged when I was 17.

You're making WAY too much of a big deal about this. If it bothers you that much, then don't pursue her, but it certainly wouldn't be weird for you to be dating her.
Does this girl even like you?
Original post by Izzyeviel
Does this girl even like you?

let's get this straight - we are just friends. i don't know if she sees me the way i see her. I feel like i have power over her if i wanted to do something with her..
That age gap is fine so don't stress over it your not some kind of perv/paedo I've heard of some big age gaps so don't feel disgusted about falling in love. Try and talk to her in order for you to know her properly and see if you have things in common with each other, as there is no point of being deeply attracted to someone if they don't feel the same way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending