The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pete_91
It was more the changed defence on non-existent protection from Flamini.

Yeah very true, interesting decision to bring him back in though, can't decide whether that means he's the cup keeper from now on or if he's been reinstated as 1st team keeper, personally hope Ospina plays next weekend
Original post by sr90
Stoke aren't through yet!

You just know that 2 of Arsenal/Liverpool/United will draw each other and the 3rd will get a virtual free pass to the final.

Tbh I could definitely see Liverpool losing the replay against Bolton, and tbh any of us 3 could quite comfortably cock up against any side left in it tbh
Original post by leinad2012
Yeah very true, interesting decision to bring him back in though, can't decide whether that means he's the cup keeper from now on or if he's been reinstated as 1st team keeper, personally hope Ospina plays next weekend

Arsenal always play their number #2 keeper in cup games
Original post by sr90
Stoke aren't through yet!

You just know that 2 of Arsenal/Liverpool/United will draw each other and the 3rd will get a virtual free pass to the final.

I know that, just couldn't be arsed to put in that caveat

Yeah probably. United - Arsenal in the QF and then winner vs Liverpool in the SF to give some two bit team a final appearance to go along with the token Hull, Wigan, Stoke appearances in recent years.
Original post by Pete_91
I know that, just couldn't be arsed to put in that caveat

Yeah probably. United - Arsenal in the QF and then winner vs Liverpool in the SF to give some two bit team a final appearance to go along with the token Hull, Wigan, Stoke appearances in recent years.

We were minutes away from a Hull v Wigan final last year, imagine if that had happened... ****ing hell nobody would have bothered watching.
Tbh I could definitely see Liverpool losing the replay against Bolton, and tbh any of us 3 could quite comfortably cock up against any side left in it tbh

Very true tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
We were minutes away from a Hull v Wigan final last year, imagine if that had happened... ****ing hell nobody would have bothered watching.

Like that god awful Cardiff - Portsmouth final years ago. ****ing terrible
Original post by Pete_91
Like that god awful Cardiff - Portsmouth final years ago. ****ing terrible

Haha I didn't bother that year, the other semi finalists were Barnsley and some other Championship club.

I'd love to see someone like West Ham or Villa win it, if/when we're knocked out of course.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Haha I didn't bother that year, the other semi finalists were Barnsley and some other Championship club.

you smashed us in the 5th round then somehow lost at home to them ffs...

Chelsea lost to Barnsley on the same day haha
Original post by sr90
Arsenal are so ruthlessly efficient when it comes to beating m1nn0ws. Nobody i'd trust more.

I hope we draw them in the next round, would fancy us to win easily home or away. Liverpool on the other hand...

It was only two years ago we got knocked out of both domestic cups by lower league sides. I'm not.
Original post by angelfox
It was only two years ago we got knocked out of both domestic cups by lower league sides. I'm not.

That was an exception to the rule though, our cup record (when not playing an XI of kids) is very good against lesser sides.
Give me Utd(if they can get to next round) for the next round.
Original post by Numan786
Give me Utd(if they can get to next round) for the next round.

If we get Utd we're out.

As long as we avoid Utd and Stoke away, we can win it.

Ideally though you'd be wanting to be playing the lower teams at our place.
Ideally we want games like today but at home.
Damn.
Don't wanna be going to one of the lower league sides with their 'traditional' ground. Fans close to the pitch, able to intimidate the players easily.
Flamini and Chez are just two absolute bottlers.

Rosicky is on a different planet, he has a genius touch, I am always surprised with what he can do with the ball and I have watched him since the start. It is beautiful, Mozart. Just has so much class.
Original post by sr90
Arsenal always play their number #2 keeper in cup games

Yes normally we do I agree, but both have played now in the FA Cup so will be interesting to see what happens, Ospina has been good, but he hasn't really faced anything tough and he's pretty shaky from crosses tbh, just doesn't try the stupid delayed passes that Szs does
Original post by sr90

I'd love to see someone like West Ham or Villa win it, if/when we're knocked out of course.

I'd love West ham to if we didn't but not Villa tbh, when Big Sam starting improving West Ham this year the fans admitted they were wrong to judge him which I respect as it's tough to admit when you're wrong. Villa fans though are similar to Newcastle fans; haven't stuck with their manager at all, blaming Lambert (not the Liverpool player MOTD reference) instead of the strikers who just can't find the ****ing net!

Crystal Palace would be decent winners too imo
I get the impression tbh that Gabriel Paulista can be converted to a DM. He is not great on the ball, he is not going to spray the ball all over the pitch like a Kroos. But, he has got the physical/defensive instinct to know how to dominate the midfield imo. Very quick, and tactically aware with a good physical presence. I would pair him with Cazorla in there in the cup games just to see if it works. Coquelin of course has proven himself and should get a good run of games, but I want to test this Paulista guy out in that position.

Stranger things have happened regarding Wenger successfully converting a player's position.

Latest