The Student Room Group

What is your preferred hair length, and why?

Just curious. :smile:

I used to always have super short hair thinking it was the easiest to manage.
Then Uni got in the way and I began growing it out - now it reaches my bum, and is easy to manage and looks better than my shorter hair IMO too.
I find I can do a lot more with it and it is much lower maintenance too.
When it first started getting long it would occasionally get in the way, but that is not the case anymore.

So my preferred hair length would probably be my current length, or even longer.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mine has always been around shoulder length as an adult. I wish it was longer, for the reasons you said - I wish I could do more with it! I can do ponytails obviously, and pigtail plaits, but because of the layers I can't really do things like side plaits/ponytails and up-dos don't really work so well. But I can't seem to get mine to grow any longer than around this! :frown:
Short. It suits me better, and I find it quirky and different . it's just what I'm most comfortable with, although its annoying that it grows reeeeally quickly.
Short doesn't really look good on me, I think past shoulder length but not too long because you can layer and it wont look as bad I guess. Also, if you have long hair, you have an advantage of doing more hairstyles..
(edited 9 years ago)
I preferred a short hair. Two reasons: In the one hand it looks better and in the other hand it dries quicker when its wet.
I really like long hair but mine is really fine and doesn't suit being long. So around shoulder length is best for the texture of my hair. Wish I had gorgeous long thick hair though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Journeyzap
Just curious. :smile:

I used to always have super short hair thinking it was the easiest to manage.
Then Uni got in the way and I began growing it out - now it reaches my bum, and is easy to manage and looks better than my shorter hair IMO too.(...)

So am I right in thinking that you are a girl? I have never seen guys who have such long hairs.
Reply 7
Original post by Kallisto
So am I right in thinking that you are a girl? I have never seen guys who have such long hairs.

I am a girl - though I have seen gorgeous men in South America with long locks - so depending on where you are in the world, it isn't unusual. :smile:
I am a girl - though I have seen gorgeous men in South America with long locks - so depending on where you are in the world, it isn't unusual. :smile:

Gorgoeus? do you really like men with long hairs? that looks so anti-masculine, men's hair should have a length up to the shoulder. At most!
I have it cut very short, a bit of length on top so I can style it, and then shaved on the sides :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was younger I could never get my hair to grow past my shoulders but over the past couple of years it has picked up the pace and now is half way down my back!

I prefer having long hair because it frames my face better and I can do more with it, but having said that, I know a few people with bobs or pixie cuts and if you have the right features, they look so good! (Slightly jealous lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a guy, I like my hair long.

The back of my hair is now slightly past my shoulders but I am aiming for all my hair to be shoulder length.

I quite liked it in a quiff but wanted to grow it. If I domt like it I'll get it cut back to a quiff and if I do, I'll keep long hair.

I do think I look better with long hair than short and a lot of people I know agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My hair is at the moment is up to my belly button. In my opinion, hair that is in between the shoulders and chest is easiest to manage. I've tried really short hair and long too so yeah..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Longish. Like between the shoulders so it's all long enough that it can go in a ponytail without some bits falling out.

Used to love long hair. Then genetics kicked in...
Personally I prefer mine long. It's currently about waist length right now (when straightened), but I'm still trying to grow it slightly longer, hoping for it to be at my hips when straightened/current length when curled. I cut it quite short about five years ago, like around ear length, but as it grew out it became a lot thicker, so now short hair is too much hassle for me so I stick to having it long.
Did have a random urge it cut it a lot shorter the other week though, back to between my chin and shoulders, but I resisted.
Reply 15
Short
I like my hair as 15cm. Take a ruler and measure 15cm from your head. Yeah its just below your nose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gorgoeus? do you really like men with long hairs? that looks so anti-masculine, men's hair should have a length up to the shoulder. At most!

I don't think long hair is necessarily femenine.
These guys looked really masculine (think Drogo from GoT) - they pulled it off really well, their hair was shiny, thick, glossy and long.
I usually like longish hair but above shoulders on men, but I swear those men were otherworldy! and no, I don't have any weird fetish, they just had incredibly long hair. :smile:
Although I do agree that thinner hair on men does look quite scraggly and unkempt if grown longer.
I don't think long hair is necessarily femenine.
These guys looked really masculine (think Drogo from GoT) - they pulled it off really well, their hair was shiny, thick, glossy and long.
I usually like longish hair but above shoulders on men, but I swear those men were otherworldy! and no, I don't have any weird fetish, they just had incredibly long hair. :smile:
Although I do agree that thinner hair on men does look quite scraggly and unkempt if grown longer.

I have seen some pictures about Drogo. And yes, you are really right! it does not look femenine. Nevertheless I am sure that not every men looks nice by wearing long hair.

My hair is roughly that long. Mine is very thin at the end because I don't take fantastic care of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending