The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

anyone going to LSE just to be hired at the end of your degree to work for Goldman Sachs? I know i am !
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by lovs2spoodge
anyone going to LSE just to be hired at the end of your degree to work for Goldman Sachs? I know i am !

Naaah doubt anybody else is applying for this reason, it's because we all love econ haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beardedlondoner
all this speculation is a waste of time. they make an offer when they bl^{%]dy decide to andthats that.
stop worrying and go do something else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I heard if you go back on the link of the questionnaire they made some applicants fill out and you can still get on to it then you have an offer ������
Original post by mariamgy
Anyone heard from LSE Law?

Yep, got a conditional offer a couple of weeks ago. You?
Original post by Cholesta
My son got an offer for law end of October but he's worried that he'll not get that uni experience and apparently it's difficult to make friends. Yet, it's an amazing university. Hoping the open day will prove him wrong.

I can see why he might think that but tbh I think it should be quite easy to make friends as long as he wants to, and like you said, it is a great university :smile:
Original post by stichybabe
got an offer last December and Im probably gonna firm LSE after being rejected by Oxford haha:biggrin:

Woop woop someone else! :cool: It is between LSE and UCL for me, most likely LSE. I also got rejected from Oxford :biggrin:
Original post by jchap9776
Lol I heard if you go back on the link of the questionnaire they made some applicants fill out and you can still get on to it then you have an offer ������

but who doesn't want to work for the Goldman Sachs!
Original post by Lesley01300
wow you got a law offer? What were your stats? Congrats:smile:

Yep, conditional. Thanks :colondollar: Erm GCSEs 2As, 11A*s and A at Add. Maths FSMQ, 2 As at AS (I do four A Levels and two of them are linear so I only had two ASs to do). And my prediction was A*A*A* A Level and D1 for Pre-U (German)
Original post by lovs2spoodge
but who doesn't want to work for the Goldman Sachs!

Everyone who didn't apply lse lol
So, who reckons another round of offers are going to be made tomorrow then?
Reply 2710
Original post by tazza ma razza
So, who reckons another round of offers are going to be made tomorrow then?

They do offers on Monday too? I thought it was just a Thursday thing.
Original post by avar
They do offers on Monday too? I thought it was just a Thursday thing.

Offers on monday and thursday with rejections on friday?????? i dunno, i got all my emails bar the 4 week on mondays so...
I don't think LSE admissions are so organised as to be pinpointed down to 'offers x day, rejections y day'. They seem like they're just going with the flow :tongue:
Original post by jchap9776
Neither!! Well congrats on your LSE offer, was it the last week of your 4 weeks?

I don't even know
I didnt even try counting haha
I'm sure yours will come soon
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I don't think LSE admissions are so organised as to be pinpointed down to 'offers x day, rejections y day'. They seem like they're just going with the flow :tongue:

Going with the flow of TSR. *ohhh the thread is pretty quiet lets send out an offer plus a few rejections to heat things up. Lol
Hello.

I am new to this forum but I really really need HELP!

I hold offers from Oxford University for PPE and from LSE for Philosophy and Economics and I am having trouble to decide which one of them to select as my firm choice.

My school teachers are pushing me towards Oxford I think because it will look good for Ofsted and I feel like I have gone through a lot of trouble (TSA, interviews, etc) only for Oxford. Also when I was there the town felt enchanted.

But I feel that my heart lies with LSE. These are my reasons:

-The job prospects seem to be much better - the course, despite lacking compulsory politics, looks more interesting and applicable to today.
-Despite Oxford's magical aura, I think London may be more advantageous at the end of the day - there is more to do on a daily basis and I can find a job more easily, both during my studies if I need to and afterwards.
-Also I feel that LSE will provide me with a better student experience. Oxford's education from what I heard is overwhelming and you do not have time to enjoy yourself during your studies. The traditional aspect of Oxford (formal hall etc) looks appealing but I have been told that this is only interesting in the beginning.
-The reputation of LSE is improving and of Oxford diminishing slowly from what I can see. I want to be ahead in life and so maybe LSE will be better for this.

As you can see, I personally prefer LSE but I am having trouble declining Oxford because of the "excitement" created around it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Martin
Original post by powelsmartin
Hello.

I hold offers from Oxford University for PPE and from LSE for Philosophy and Economics and I am having trouble to decide which one of them to select as my firm choice.

My school teachers are pushing me towards Oxford I think because it will look good for Ofsted and I feel like I have gone through a lot of trouble (TSA, interviews, etc) only for Oxford. Also when I was there the town felt enchanted.

-The job prospects seem to be much better - the course, despite lacking compulsory politics, looks more interesting and applicable to today.
-Despite Oxford's magical aura, I think London may be more advantageous at the end of the day - there is more to do on a daily basis and I can find a job more easily, both during my studies if I need to and afterwards.
-Also I feel that LSE will provide me with a better student experience. Oxford's education from what I heard is overwhelming and you do not have time to enjoy yourself during your studies. The traditional aspect of Oxford (formal hall etc) looks appealing but I have been told that this is only interesting in the beginning.
-The reputation of LSE is improving and of Oxford diminishing slowly from what I can see. I want to be ahead in life and so maybe LSE will be better for this.

As you can see, I personally prefer LSE but I am having trouble declining Oxford because of the "excitement" created around it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Martin

choose oxford. its reputation is not diminishing, anything bad people say about Oxbridge is because they didn't go there
Hello.

Thank you very much.

Martin

Oxford PPE a no brainer. And 3 years compared to LSE's 4 years. If you want to you can take a MSc at LSE after Oxford but you probably realise then you don't need it. Quality of life is better at Oxford.
Hello.

Thank you very much.

Martin

The fact that you're even thinking of leaving Ox PPE for LSE Phil & Econ suggests LSE is where you really want to go.

Oxford PPE looks better on paper, but it's ultimately about where you're going to be most happy. Entirely up to you.
Original post by imlisa1996
choose oxford. its reputation is not diminishing, anything bad people say about Oxbridge is because they didn't go there

I don't know, my friend is studying PPE and he says he is regretting it... But she got rejections from LSE and UCL so I think she would have chosen London if she could...

Original post by GandalfWhite
Oxford PPE a no brainer. And 3 years compared to LSE's 4 years. If you want to you can take a MSc at LSE after Oxford but you probably realise then you don't need it. Quality of life is better at Oxford.

The LSE course is 3 years also. Also I think London is better than Oxford - being next to Westminster, Downing street is better job prospects I think and generally there seem to be more things to do in London (and more time to do them).

Original post by Mr Inquisitive
The fact that you're even thinking of leaving Ox PPE for LSE Phil & Econ suggests LSE is where you really want to go.

Oxford PPE looks better on paper, but it's ultimately about where you're going to be most happy. Entirely up to you.

Are you sure that Oxford looks better on paper? LSE from what I know has better job prospects which is a big plus.

Thank you for your advice! I think the fact that I am defending LSE means I definitely want to go there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending