The Student Room Group

Why are girls so hard to be friends with

Scroll to see replies

I think this is quite weird, I guess it the people you're talking to rather than the gender. Also as you get older you'll realise that girls aren't all that different to boys. I'll go out with my guy friends and have a laugh and have girl friends. Just find nicer people?
Reply 21
I can't say I really have any close female friends.
Original post by Anonymous
x

I think I'm pretty easy to be friends with. Hard to piss me off and I'm really not that sensitive around my friends.
I will always insult my friends in a light-hearted manner, and if I don't, we're really not friends. Also I love it when I'm insulted back as a joke.

I tend to get on with guys so much better than girls (to avoid all the sensitivity and drama and dear God, gossip) but I tend to keep my distance.

Not all girls are hard to be friends with.. You've just met crappy people.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lularose83
Why are guys so judgemental

I wasn't being judgemental, I didn't say all girls were like this, in my OP i just stated the girls I knew were like this and wanted to know if other people had experienced the same.

Yeah my title may have come across as judgemental but that's only so people click it :smile:

Original post by Maid Marian
More like why is it so hard to be friends with people in general ... :dontknow:

True :P
I for some reason worry that most of them think that I'm trying to chat them up :erm: Although I'd like to think I'm friends with a few girls that I'm closeish with :tongue:
Reply 25
because you're not really supposed to be friends with them anyway
It's not that hard, yeah girls are touchy feely which is annoying but they're not that bad
Yesterday I made a general comment on girld weight when they're older and a girl got upset lol
Original post by Maid Marian
More like why is it so hard to be friends with people in general ... :dontknow:

No that's just you. Start talking to people and getting their contacts, find common interests etc
Original post by jenigma

I will always insult my friends in a light-hearted manner

One of my male friends does this to me all the time. Kinda hard now to tell when he's being serious. Oh well.:tongue:
Most girls are really cool and down to Earth,im one of those girls. I can't stand bitchiness when it's not neccessary
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, so I'm a guy and I just find that making friends with guys is so much easier than with girls.

With any friend that's a girl, I have to tread so carefully, I have to watch what I say in case I "insult them" or "seem rude" some of them will get upset because I have different opinions. I also go through a lot of mental health issues, so usually I am closed off, but when I don't act closed off and act caring and emotional, that is also met with sarcastic and mean comments.

On the other hand, with guys, I can say whatever I want, they know it's a joke, or that I mean no offense, I don't need to watch what I say and they also are less likely to insult me, because I've noticed that female friends are happy to insult you (in a jokey or non-jokey way) yet if you say something back, you're the bad guy. But if guys do insult me as a joke, they don't mind me saying anything back.

So, is there a psychological reason, or is it that I just have a bad experience with crappy people?

I tried to be friends with a woman - but in general they just don't have (m)any hobbies in common with me - so there's no real basis for any friendship. Essentially they just become an acquaintance after a while.

In general we men tend to build friendships around common interests and activities - men will bond over playing sport together, playing music together, travelling together, going on adventures together etc.

If (like me) you're into say, cycling, strategy games, off-road rallying etc. and your prospective female friend is into dressing up and watching documentary dramas on television, then there just isn't enough common ground for either of you to really want to socialize with each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending