The Student Room Group

Going to the doctor about spots???!

So I've had spots on my cheeks for about 7 years now but its not like acne, they are kinda red but not as bad as acne, theres like two with the whitehead :eek: and I was thinking about booking an appointment at my doctor surgery tomorrow, but I feel like i'll be wasting the doctors time and the doctor will just turn me away without prescribing me anything. I've literally tried so many cleansers and nothing seems to get rid of them
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by thestars
So I've had spots on my cheeks for about 7 years now but its not like acne, they are kinda red but not as bad as acne, theres like two with the whitehead :eek: and I was thinking about booking an appointment at my doctor surgery tomorrow, but I feel like i'll be wasting the doctors time and the doctor will just turn me away without prescribing me anything. I've literally tried so many cleansers and nothing seems to get rid of them

These spots may in fact be acne and, due to their chronic prevalence, I would suggest a visit to your GP surgery is acceptable. If so, the doctor may be able to prescribe you an antibiotic, such as tetracycline, to treat the acne. On the other hand, these spots may not be acne at all and the doctor may inform you it's simply part of puberty, or something else. Either way, GPs are paid to deal with the concerns of their patients and you never know, you could be 'cured' in no time!

Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by loukas2993
These spots may in fact be acne and, due to their chronic prevalence, I would suggest a visit to your GP surgery is acceptable. If so, the doctor may be able to prescribe you an antibiotic, such as tetracycline, to treat the acne. On the other hand, these spots may not be acne at all and the doctor may inform you it's simply part of puberty, or something else. Either way, GPs are paid to deal with the concerns of their patients and you never know, you could be 'cured' in no time!

Good luck.

I'm going to book an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, hopefully i will be prescribed something.
I went to the doctors a few months ago and was given Zineryt (just a liquid you apply twice a day) and my spots have all gone on my face, leaving me with completely clear skin. It's great and I'd recommend it to anyone (I only apply it once a day now), hope you find something that works for you.
Original post by Chucklevisionary
I went to the doctors a few months ago and was given Zineryt (just a liquid you apply twice a day) and my spots have all gone on my face, leaving me with completely clear skin. It's great and I'd recommend it to anyone (I only apply it once a day now), hope you find something that works for you.

i have the same stuff but mines taking longer to get rid of :frown:
Reply 5

How long did it take for your skin to clear?
Original post by thestars
How long did it take for your skin to clear?

I could notice they were drying up after a few days and they gradually got better until after just over a month I only had a few spots left and after a few more weeks they were all gone. I now only get the occasional one every now and then but for the majority my skin is clear :smile:
Original post by bad_username
i have the same stuff but mines taking longer to get rid of :frown:

Persevere with it and hopefully it'll work just as well for you. At the start I had about 30 spots (most small but still visible as small patches of red-ness, especially on my forehead) just for reference. Hope you get them sorted :smile:
You are going to waste your money on a GP. I cleared my spots with Apple cider vineager and glycerin. They were gone in 3 months

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by AsandaLFC
You are going to waste your money on a GP. I cleared my spots with Apple cider vineager and glycerin. They were gone in 3 months

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't pay for the doctor anyway. But I'd rather see what the doctor says first :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I could notice they were drying up after a few days and they gradually got better until after just over a month I only had a few spots left and after a few more weeks they were all gone. I now only get the occasional one every now and then but for the majority my skin is clear :smile:

Well that's good :smile: I just need something for these spots to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsandaLFC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because this worked for you, it doesn't mean it will work on another, and seeing a GP is free in the UK, so no money wasted.

Quick Reply

Latest